LDRO

Instagram Updates

Would we be less or more stupid if we started using mental illnesses as insults against Lana in your view? I know you like to overlook that sort of thing, but I'm just curious. 

What did you mean

JFC. The problem with Cat Power's comment is not that she used the word 'handsome'. The problem is that she's cheering Lana's relationship with a cop who is a de facto opponent of necessary police reform.

This type of comment is so ugly intellectually. Shame

No, it's not. He's right. Some people just don't want to face the truth because sHe lOoKs So hApPy. We all want Lanz to be happy but this guy is bad news. 

What’s the point? She never responded to any of those questions in the NFR era. I don’t expect her to comment on that anyways. Plus: is it the place ?

There was no point doing it/it wasn't the place pre-NFR, either, and that didn't stop people asking. Do you really think millions of fans suddenly went, "oh no, it'd be inappropriate to ask"? Cos it'sjustnotrealistic.gif

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Would we be less or more stupid if we started using mental illnesses as insults against Lana in your view? I know you like to overlook that sort of thing, but I'm just curious.

oh shit, points were made!!!

it's just the way i feel

why are ya'll complaining about the guy?? like do u not realise the kind of songs she could make if they break up?? this is good! also some of u guys are way to invested in her private life, it doesn't matter

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

why are ya'll complaining about the guy?? like do u not realise the kind of songs she could make if they break up?? this is good! also some of u guys are way to invested in her private life, it doesn't matter

Yes I often lie awake at night, shaking my fists at the ceiling and as I said, I didn't eat my lunch yesterday!

If you think I log off and go about my life you are WRONG! This is all-consuming!

Thank you for recognising the struggle.  :heart:

why are ya'll complaining about the guy?? like do u not realise the kind of songs she could make if they break up?? this is good!

like omg you guys who cares if Lana is indifferent about complicity with abusive policing THINK ABOUT THE SONGZZZZ!!!

also some of u guys are way to invested in her private life, it doesn't matter

This is a bad argument. I'm sure every Lana fan has a line for what kind of person they would criticize Lana for dating. (And if there isn't, that's a problem.) We're just arguing about where the line should be. I draw the line here.

I'd argue with this comment too if there was an argument made in it.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Honestly, I need to question whether anyone who isn't concerned truly gives a fuck about her happiness. 

There are countless examples of this dude abusing his power and exploiting people for $$$, and if you think that someone who does that professionally isn't inclined to do that personally, you're naive. There are also allegations relating to domestic violence with past girlfriends and as stated previously, from a purely statistical point of view, it isn't unlikely that he was abusive. 

Ultimately, it's her decision to date the dude but she has a history of abusive relationships and she wouldn't necessarily leave if he was. 

That is all. 

No, it's not. He's right. Some people just don't want to face the truth because sHe lOoKs So hApPy. We all want Lanz to be happy but this guy is bad news. 

There was no point doing it/it wasn't the place pre-NFR, either, and that didn't stop people asking. Do you really think millions of fans suddenly went, "oh no, it'd be inappropriate to ask"? Cos it'sjustnotrealistic.gif

I think many fans don't give a shit about the poetry book lol. Maybe this is why nobody asked about it. 

I'm looking forward to it (I like her poetry, though not the best), especially the «rough, unpolished» aspect of it (how much gritty will it feel?)

like omg you guys who cares if Lana is indifferent about complicity with abusive policing THINK ABOUT THE SONGZZZZ!!!

well... yeah. isnt that why we stan musicians? for the music? i have my own life, i couldnt care less about a celebrities life whom i've never met and you shouldn't either, its a waste of energy and is pretty stupid if u ask me

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

well... yeah. isnt that why we stan musicians? for the music? i have my own life, i couldnt care less about a celebrities life whom i've never met and you shouldn't either, its a waste of energy and is pretty stupid if u ask me

Except two pages ago you said you were really happy for her and hope it works out. Now you're saying you couldn't care less. Which is it? Why are you even in this thread commenting if you only care about the music?

I get that it's her decision, but again, this is a discussion board ... so we're discussing.

I have two wishes right now, with the whole cop-guy situation who is bad news for her and bla bla bla...

1- Stay with him long enough to write LDR7 as a «falling in love» type of album;

2- Imagine the break-up album following that one if he's as bad as everyone seems to think.  :teehee:

I have two wishes right now, with the whole cop-guy situation who is bad news for her and bla bla bla...

1- Stay with him long enough to write LDR7 as a «falling in love» type of album;

2- Imagine the break-up album following that one if he's as bad as everyone seems to think.  :teehee:

LDR7 2020

LDR8 2021 OMFGGGGGGGGGG

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Allow me to quote from the nice part of my response to some people in the Israel gig thread:

Seriously. Do you hear yourselves? Paraphrasing what I said earlier, anybody who would prioritize their fandom or others' fandom for an artist over supporting human rights is selfish.

Except two pages ago you said you were really happy for her and hope it works out. Now you're saying you couldn't care less. Which is it? Why are you even in this thread commenting if you only care about the music?

Oooh... Got them!

I mean, by this logic she should date Richard fucking Spencer...

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Allow me to quote from the nice part of my response to some people in the Israel gig thread:

Oooh... Got them!

I mean, by this logic she should date Richard fucking Spencer...

lol

I really wish she is happy, honestly. I don't want her to be depressed for the sake of music and if she finds happiness, good for her! Whatever mood she's in while recording, I'm here for it. I thought at first Sean wasn't as toxic as her previous BF (he seems really present and there for her), but some of us here pointed out some flaws he has apparently and ouf! We'll see how this turns out. 

I guess people don't care if she's dating or not... As long as the guy in question isn't an asshole!

In this case, specifically, people seem concerned about the ideas she's aligning with and what she's "legitimating", getting involved with someone with a clearly controversial profile. (And she's certainly aware of that. I don't find her so naive or stupid as not to know).

Also, some fans really care about her (People want to see her happy, healthy and away from any kind of toxic / abusive relationship).

People wouldn't mind their relationship if he wasn't a guy of questionable character.

Ultimately, it's her decision to date the dude but she has a history of abusive relationships and she wouldn't necessarily leave if he was. 

That's what worries me most...

giphy.gif

About LDR being public and posting photos of her and the boyfriend before, I remember a couple of photos with Barrie on Twitter (can't recall if it was Lana or Barrie posting) and Barrie posting about Lana on Instagram. Also, she took him to events and stuff.

With Francesco there were paparazzi pics everywhere... And I remember her being photographed with him and his mum at an event.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg