LDRO

Instagram Updates

wow you have no idea what youre talking about lol.  i wrote about how it's ignorant for Lana to continually reference native american issues without actually addressing them directly, accurately, or adequately, particularly as a rich celebrity with a massive platform that has the potential to impact the larger culture.  that's far from being "offended" about it.  where did i say "she's not allowed to use these words bc they hurt my feelings!!!!"? lol.  we can all say and do whatever we want.  that's just reality.  so just as Lana can write shitty poetry with ill-conceived metaphors, i can call out why it's ignorant and share my bit about it.  or are you triggered by coming across my opinion and would rather shut me up?

you're wrong, btw, about all human populations being colonized, which you'd maybe have seen, if youd actually looked into what i said in my post instead of just acting like you know everything.  there are existing indigenous people who have never been colonized and are currently under attack.  that's the whole point of what i was saying ab indigeneous tribes in the amazon threatened by bolsonaro, the wet'suwet'en people resisting current domination by the canadian govt, etc.  even completely un-contacted tribes still exist.  Colonization is still happening, and indigenous people still exist.  Do you just not know what the word means, so it's easier for you to pretend you do than actually educate yourself?

your argument is especially stupid and cruel, even if you weren't completely wrong, bc you just consign yourself and the world to domination by imperialists.  "colonization has happened a bunch of places, so lets all just go along with it"... wtf.  people are still, currently, resisting these systems, fighting back, and fighting to decolonize where it's already taken over.  like actually educate yourself. dont take it from me - listen to indigenous people.  that is, if youre not so prejudiced that you dismiss out of hand any perspective that doesnt confirm and validate your shitty biases.  idk where youre from, but Lana and I live on Turtle Island, where the violent history of colonization still affects the culture and people today.  it's an important issue that deserves a full analysis.  i'd rather align myself with people currently fighting against neocolonialism, and fighting to decolonize, than the rich and ignorant who just want to control everything and subjugate everyone else.

which brings me to what we can agree on, which is actually that there probably isn't that much impact.  mostly because Lana is quickly making herself pretty fucking irrelevant to any larger cultural conversation.  and Lanaboards is like a fart in the abyss, so it's not like my words here will have any impact.  i just find it so disappointing that people like Lana, and apparently you, can come so close to actually grappling with the reality of this issue and end up still turning away from gathering any real knowledge about it.  Lana has the platform and potential to make an impact on our world, and she doesn't do shit.  that's her prerogative, but it's my right to say that fucking sucks.  stay prejudiced and ignorant, i guess

the wisdom, the eloquence, the insight, the profoundness of it all.

tumblr_pqlwh11HKB1suvzv3_500.jpg

you SPILLED. lanaboreds ain't ready for this conversation. 

except Lana has recently explicitly said she's addressing native american issues in her poetry and made claims of donating money to native american groups as her own form of reparations?  so it actually is something that's explicitly in her mindscape.

I still do not believe those are connected but hey, we're free to see things the way we want

so i write poetry as well. i would like the freedom to use almost all words that i can. how do i know when something shouldn't be used or said? i write about things that i have never experienced, i've heard other people mention artists who do this and that they think it is wrong. what are the benefits of censoring myself and what are the repercussions of me censoring myself. i'd like to be able to use "colonize" if i want to. words have different meanings, sometimes very heavy, disgusting connotations. i want to express myself in any way i please. 

i'm asking for a respectful answer. my question may be ignorant and isn't written eloquently, but i am truly curious and conflicted and would like to hear what some people think

I agree. Your a cool writer.

An artist must use any materials available to express themselves.

For poets it is the written word.

For musicians its "three chords and the truth" as some would say.

As for the word, "colonize", it does have many meanings, it all depends on the readers point of view and understanding of how that word is used.

for example,

- I have now colonized this forum.

- My next step will be to colonize your minds and thoughts.

- During hiatuses in deposition, relatively mature vegetation colonized sediment surfaces.
- The symbiotic state enables the lichen thallus to colonize extreme habitats where the separate bionts would not be able to survive.
- Other faults or fractures in the substratum not colonized by bacterial growths were observed.
- In logistic regression, both spirochaete species showed a highly significant association with the existence of other family members who were colonized with the same species.
- They initially colonize the leaves, and, after flowering, also the ears.
- One foundational act invited foreigners to colonize the internal heartlands in order to give the local populations new models of enlightened work and life.

-

As for the word, "colonize", it does have many meanings, it all depends on the readers point of view and understanding of how that word is used.

for example,

- During hiatuses in deposition, relatively mature vegetation colonized sediment surfaces.
- The symbiotic state enables the lichen thallus to colonize extreme habitats where the separate bionts would not be able to survive.
- Other faults or fractures in the substratum not colonized by bacterial growths were observed.
- In logistic regression, both spirochaete species showed a highly significant association with the existence of other family members who were colonized with the same species.
- One foundational act invited foreigners to colonize the internal heartlands in order to give the local populations new models of enlightened work and life.

iNsEnSiTiVe

for example,

Of course the word can be used in certain contexts but considering she wrote RESIST right before it, with all its political connotations (the # resistance, etc) I'd be willing to bet she wasn't using it to link her emotions with the idea of microbiological colonisation of leaves or whatever lol

locals only

whats everyone even talking about, someone explain in 10 words or less, i cant be bothered to read all of it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Of course the word can be used in certain contexts but considering she wrote RESIST right before it, with all its political connotations (the # resistance, etc) I'd be willing to bet she wasn't using it to link her emotions with the idea of microbiological colonisation of leaves or whatever lol

Relax, take a deep breath.

I am answering to a post/question made by DaisyFreshWitch. I am giving her my opinion.

I am NOT responding to what Lana Del Rey has written on her poem, post #6935 on page 347.

Whatever is on Lana´s mind for writing that poem,  only she knows.

Some people around here are taking things way too seriously.   Relax... take a deep breath. 

as for answering Tristesse on the above post... " iNsEnSiTiVe "

In proper english it is written insensitive.

and No, I am not insensitive.   I am just writing down my opinion to someone else and not to you personally.

With more than 7 millions years of human evolution you should be able to write down something more than just one word.

What is it with my post that interferes with your thoughts, or that you dislike ?

I am NOT responding to what Lana Del Rey has written on her poem, post #6935 on page 347.

-

It's weird how in the NFR pre-release there were pages and pages of unironic posts deciding what colour the vinyl should be based on the 10-second snippets of like 3 songs we had but once people start examining and discussing the political connotations of Lana's poetry they're told they're being too dramatic and sensitive  :flutter:  who knows if she'll ever post another poem that can have so much said about it lol. I think this is the first time.

locals only

If by "garbage" you mean "average" I can agree with that.

I mean, if your defense of Lana is that her politics are no more garbage than the average person's, I don't disagree. The average person's politics are garbage.

so i write poetry as well. i would like the freedom to use almost all words that i can. how do i know when something shouldn't be used or said? i write about things that i have never experienced, i've heard other people mention artists who do this and that they think it is wrong. what are the benefits of censoring myself and what are the repercussions of me censoring myself. i'd like to be able to use "colonize" if i want to. words have different meanings, sometimes very heavy, disgusting connotations. i want to express myself in any way i please.

Freedom of expression is all well and good, but a mark of a good writer is understanding the connotations of the words you use within the larger milieu in which you find yourself. If a particular word choice unintentionally distracts from the point you're trying to make for a large number of your readers, that's a failure of communication, of writing, and of imagination.

Shot:

These people triggered over poetic word usage is the best.

#thatsourword

Chaser:

It's not so much Lanas anttics that crack me up. It's the fanbase. Especcially those who believe they understand the political opinions of others fans.

BTW what cracks me up is people objecting to very basic textual analysis here that would occur in any university lit class and probably many high school ones.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I’ve got to agree that Lana has the power, potential and platform to make a greater impact on culture and society and she doesn’t use it, which absolutely sucks... we all know she wants to be impactful, recognised, praised and she wants her brand to stay forever, as introverted, lazy and DIY she is. If she wants to stay for good, she has to educate herself. Her heart is in the right place, her intentions are good, but she should expand her thoughts. The slight political comments on NFR were nice and well-written, but her real-life execution of them are, as we can see, messy. She can’t keep ignoring so many topics... she’s been in the industry for over a decade. Open up Lana!

I mean, if your defense of Lana is that her politics are no more garbage than the average person's, I don't disagree. The average person's politics are garbage. Freedom of expression is all well and good, but a mark of a good writer is understanding the connotations of the words you use within the larger milieu in which you find yourself. If a particular word choice unintentionally distracts from the point you're trying to make for a large number of your readers, that's a failure of communication, of writing, and of imagination.Shot:Chaser:BTW what cracks me up is people objecting to very basic textual analysis here that would occur in any university lit class and probably many high school ones.

My second "shot" was sarcasm, not myself objectively claiming the word. I didnt think it would go over anyone's heads, but well, WHAT can ya do?

My second "shot" was sarcasm, not myself objectively claiming the word.

giphy.gif

I didnt think it would go over anyone's heads, but well, WHAT can ya do?

It didn't. And I didn't think pointing out that your sarcastic portrayal of those you disagree with was itself an example of "those who believe they understand the political opinions of others[sic] fans" you were complaining about would go over anyone's head, but well, WHAT can ya do?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Anyway, back to important matters ... do we know who Hot Barrie actually is?

Apparently the good sis is currently in Washington state; some people on Twitter said they saw her :creep:

49612932121_797e4ed350_o.jpg

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream