LDRO

Instagram Updates

Yeah i think that was a stupid move for her. I am sure she sent it to someone before posting it. I'm mad that Ben/Ed or someone from her team didn't make her rephrase the first part. It's an album announcement with a release date so I'm pretty sure someone would have had to know she was posting that. 

considering it was posted at like midnight / 1 am her time or something around that i'm pretty sure she just typed it all out and posted it. no more thoughts. flop.gif

which is why i've been saying no more notes app we need a pr team behind her social media now.

the way NFR started with an absolute mess of notes app post and it's exactly how it's ending.. things coming full cycle.

i76mrxw.png 

Well we know that she's friends with at least Ariana and Beyonce. I do think her choice of names was on purpose, but not for the reason everyone is saying it is. I'm not going to get into everything she said, but it's clear that she's not dragging anyone down. I read it as more of a solidarity thing. The problem is that the fans of the people she named are missing the point and are mad at Lana for "attacking" their fave. I would love to see Ariana or whoever else stick up for her. Again, people are forgetting that Lana is friends with some of these people and her intentions aren't to insult them. Either way, there were some other things wrong with her letter, and this isn't going to end well for her. There are already people on Twitter writing racial think pieces... 

Why are you being racist towards white people on a site about a white artist thats owned by a white person...... - a WOC

You can't be racist towards white people. 

I wish people would see it more as the most successful women in “pop” music right now are women of color, which is why Lana named these women of color. If it was mostly white women, she wouldve named those white women. Celebrate the fact that the industry is being dominated by women of color!! Minus Ariana lmaoo

The fact that NFR got so much high praise and nods to by critics and the media while being one of her most removed from 'ldr persona' where she put her femininity on the back burner tells you enough and shows the double standard she gets judged by, for example people like Anthony fantono not taking works like UV seriously (which has some of most gorgeous production and wordplay imo) because of the way she's presented herself back then

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Well we know that she's friends with at least Ariana and Beyonce. I do think her choice of names was on purpose, but not for the reason everyone is saying it is. I'm not going to get into everything she said, but it's clear that she's not dragging anyone down. I read it as more of a solidarity thing. The problem is that the fans of the people she named are missing the point and are mad at Lana for "attacking" their fave. I would love to see Ariana or whoever else stick up for her. Again, people are forgetting that Lana is friends with some of these people and her intentions aren't to insult them. Either way, there were some other things wrong with her letter, and this isn't going to end well for her. There are already people on Twitter writing racial think pieces... 

Agree to disagree darling lets not derail the thread xoxo

I think this outburst of anger is much delayed and I think Bilie winning album of the year was the straw that broke the camels back and I think she has had a lot of time to ruminate on it. I guess she only feels comfortable sharing this now as she is no longer on the receiving end of these claims and at a point where she is now regarded quite highly and not fighting an unfair fight.

giphy.gif

if she wanted to drag anyone she would not have put camila and ariana in there. she follows cardi b on instagram, nicki minaj follows lana and lana has NOTHING against any of those women she named. please, to anyone pulling race into this, think about it for a second. sending everyone love during this difficult time for the fandom :kiss:

if she wanted to drag anyone she would not have put camila and ariana in there. she follows cardi b on instagram, nicki minaj follows lana and lana has NOTHING against any of those women she named. please, to anyone pulling race into this, think about it for a second. sending everyone love during this difficult time for the fandom :kiss:

but you know people on the internet will never look for nice things to say about anyone... I wish it were worded differently or that she didn't name names

I will also always find it fucking HILARIOUS how Lana was constantly ridiculed and dismissed for something as trivial as having lip fillers when she debuted. IMAGINE if that were the case today. And I honestly think she was one of the reasons Kylie Jenner first got lip fillers - she used to post Lana lyrics as captions on her Instagram and clearly looked up to her. She is the blueprint.

actually black women with naturally full lips are the blueprint 

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Also, I hate that everyone is trying to undermine Lana's experience. Maybe they weren't around for the early days, but everything she said is so true. The amount of criticism she got for having lip fillers and singing about her pussy.. If all of that had happened in recent years, it would be a much different story and people would probably be eating it up. And I think that's her entire point.

if she wanted to drag anyone she would not have put camila and ariana in there. she follows cardi b on instagram, nicki minaj follows lana and lana has NOTHING against any of those women she named. please, to anyone pulling race into this, think about it for a second. sending everyone love during this difficult time for the fandom 3x.gif

tbh i think she might have actually purposefully named people that she "likes" or at least "likes from who's popular and charting atm" so people wouldn't think she's dragging them (because she's obvoiusly NOT like.. reading abilities please) toofunny.gif  

i76mrxw.png 

Also, I hate that everyone is trying to undermine Lana's experience. Maybe they weren't around for the early days, but everything she said is so true. The amount of criticism she got for having lip fillers and singing about her pussy.. If all of that had happened in recent years, it would be a much different story and people would probably be eating it up. And I think that's her entire point.

she's obviously traumatized from the media in 2011-2014 and quarantine has just made her reflect back on everything, similar to how a lot of people are just re evaluating things during this time. I just still can't get over how she worded things and the messages that could be perceived from the post

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I don't really agree with her but that's okay

some of her lyrics have crossed the line into romanticizing abuse and thats why she no longer sings them. but romanticizing abuse and romanticizing being submissive are two totally distinct things, and there's no issue with the later but there is issue with the former. personally I don't think society is judgmental of women being "submissive" in their relationships with men- thats been the norm since the beginning of time

this situation is low key funny to me

the letter definitely has a couple of issues that have been outlined in here already but seeing people fly off the handle at her because they misunderstood the opening line is just... :rip:

I don’t want to get too much into this argument, but systemic racism doesn’t happen to white people, but white people can and do experience racist remarks and beliefs like any other person of any race. Racism is not exclusive to any one certain people. Prejudice is defined to include racism, sexism, ageism, etc with a negative idea of other people based without facts. You don’t have to believe it, but it’s not about belief, it’s about the definition of what makes racist people, racist. Racism is defined as the belief that one race is superior than another. And in saying white people cannot experience racism, is almost racist in a way. Think about Hitler— he hated Jews, who were a mix between Mediterranean and white. Some were basic white, others darker. But he hated them all the same, based off of a stereotype based off of nothing. That is prejudicial racism. Which is racism, nonetheless.

Anyone of any race can experience anything. Its how you perceive it that matters. Some become racist by experiencing racism. “He called me a ____ but i’m better than them because everyone i know within my race doesn’t act like that. I hate them.” It’s a selfish ideology that one is better or superior based off of race, no matter the race. Hatred grows and racism follows.

It’s just like saying men cannot experience sexism. SYSTEMATIC sexism, yes, you’d be correct. But that does not mean that men in society do not experience sexism. There’s plenty of evidence that supports the fact that men can and do experience sexism, as women can. Women face more sexist struggles than men do within the system. BUT, women can be just as bad as men when it comes to a superiority complex than insights anger, hate, manipulation, etc.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole