LDRO

Instagram Updates

Goddamn, girl child...!  :O

Between this and the Mother's Day post, she clearly is fresh out of fucks forever, and I'm here for it. Raw, unfiltered Ultraviolence 2.0 incoming Sept 5.   :byeh8rs2:

"I'm just a glamorous person" yes, queen :legend:

Her father issues were always strong

Our Mom's glamour lives on and on

:lanahairflip2:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Nobody said anything about reverse racism or sexism. That isn’t a thing, simply because racism is racism and sexism is sexism. There’s nothing reverse about it.

Systematic racism and prejudicial racism are completely different things. But prejudice is not only racism, so prejudice is not the correct word for it. Your comment about power is true, in certain communities. Systematically, I agree, POC and women do not hold that power. And it should not be that way. But within society, anyone can experience anything, specifically on a lower level than POC and women do. But that does not dismiss the fact that it can and does happen to some people who do not fit into the minority groups who face these complications more often, if not daily.

Reverse racism denotes racism against white people, which is what you're talking about, is it not? 

That doesn't exist, Weeds. Not gonna keep arguing, though. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I do want to apologize if i’m coming off one way or another, but the thing about racism is that’s exactly how I see it. And it might be wrong, but as far as I’m concerned, this is what I know to be true.

Being hateful towards anyone because of race is still wrong and doesn’t do anyone any good, whatever you’re race may be. I see it as two separate forms of racism, and prejudice is a large description of both forms of racism.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

if you think anything she said was racist, you totally missed the point. i do agree that namedropping them was not the smartest move, but she didn't mean in a negative or critical way, she named a few female artists who have been successful in their musical careers, and why she should be able to sing about whatever she wants to sing about without scrutiny, nothing more, nothing less. 

wait about a week or two and mostly everyone will forget about this and move onto the next controversy, cancel culture is so toxic and majority of the time it never does anything. 

anyways i'm so happy that lana is taking her power back. she should be able to sing about whatever she wants, it's her art, and she shouldn't have to feel afraid to do so. 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Reverse racism denotes racism against white people, which is what you're talking about, is it not? 

And that doesn't exist, Weeds. Not gonna keep arguing, though.

Racism is racism. I never called it anything “reverse”, that’s nothing I said. What i’m saying is people can experience racism from other people, no matter who they are. And it does happen, to anyone of any race.

You’re correct about systematic racism, though. So i do agree with you.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Think about Hitler— he hated Jews, who were a mix between Mediterranean and white. Some were basic white, others darker. But he hated them all the same, based off of a stereotype based off of nothing. That is prejudicial racism. Which is racism, nonetheless.

This sentence alone... please think before you post and don't talk authoritatively about things you don't understand. Lanaboards isn't the place for a discussion on the nuances of racism and racial prejudice to begin with, but definitely not when you don't understand how the conception race has changed over time, the difference and overlaps of racism and antisemitism... lanaboards proves it should only talk about the album covers yet again...

locals only

I do agree she shouldn't have named women like Nicki (who received/receives intense hate and scrutiny for being sexually unapologetic and much like a pararell to lana was not taken seriously in music and the rap world for having theatric persona and having to dial it back to be taken seriously despite being one of the most talented female mcs in the game)

but she said what she said.. lana is just telling her story with no filter no carefully thought out words no pr machine behind her... i dont believe there was any malicious intent to be racist and bring down women of colour i think she admires these women and use them as references because she probably personally knows them but this is just my two cents as a poc

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

So why eggcactly are we offended about her statement this time around?

I think she has a point or two, no matter if one sees things the way she does. Critics praise female artists with the most braindead self-objectifying lyrics as strong and feminist while Lana had to take shit every time she sang a classic Hollywood-esque damsel-in-distress song. Billie, Adele & co are celebrated for sad emotional dongs while Lanz gets debunked as a pretentious emo.

Lana often does not think when she speaks up and lately her white-rich-priviledge showed mire often than not but this statement is actually pretty on point, whether you fully agree with her or not.

The only thing that upsets me is that the release date is most likely as fake as the poetry book release

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

All the artists she listed, particularly Nicki, Doja, Cardi, and Beyonce have faced constant harassment for their art, rape threats, and racially motivated threats. Remember all the lynching threats thrown at Beyonce when she spoke and sang and made art about police violence and visually referenced the black panthers? You probably don't, because you're clearly not interested in the struggles faced by black women artists. Being ignorant is one thing, but this is ridiculous. 

I didn't reference Beyonce or Nicki Minaj in my comment for a reason. I think the only reason she listed them is because the Doja Cat Nicki Minaj remix went #1 and Beyonce referencing OnlyFans on the Savage Remix alludes to the sexual stuff she talked about?

Beyonce definitely feels the most misplaced artist on the list and I don't agree with Lana naming her at all. I do certainly know the racist stuff that ensued in the republican media after Lemonade I am a fan of beyonce

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Nobody said anything about reverse racism or sexism. That isn’t a thing, simply because racism is racism and sexism is sexism. There’s nothing reverse about it.

Systematic racism and prejudicial racism are completely different things. But prejudice is not only racism, so prejudice is not the correct word for it. Your comment about power is true, in certain communities. Systematically, I agree, POC and women do not hold that power. And it should not be that way. But within society, anyone can experience anything, specifically on a lower level than POC and women do. But that does not dismiss the fact that it can and does happen to some people who do not fit into the minority groups who face these complications more often, if not daily.

You're really showing your ass here. Black people have been enslaved, brutalized, victims of hate crimes, etc etc for hundreds of years. What have white people experienced that even come CLOSE to that? Being called a cracker? And don't say the Holocaust because while what happened was horrible, it wasn't because of the color of their skin. Instead of continuing to double down, why not just acknowledge that maybe you're wrong and speaking on things way out of your league? Just use this as a learning experience because I'm literally talking to you as a black person living in America and you've repeatedly shut down my opinions on race. 

okay so i've been away for a bit and suddenly y'all are talking about hitler?

i mean really fight the racists please but can we also like kinda get back on topic please?

i76mrxw.png 

So because someone faced racism and prejudice you are automatically not allowed to mention them in any non-YAAAAS-ing context or else you are a racist urself? Well ok. Get a grip of reality pls

Anyways, my final thoughts are this- Regardless of what anyone thinks she didn't or didn't mean, I think this will blow over in about a week if it even takes that long. People get all worked up over her and then go back to not caring. Controversy has always surrounded her, yet has never seemed to affect her career as a whole. And I don't think that a lot of the people mad are people that listened to her music in the first place. 

why is everyone mad at the namedropping when it is so very obvious lana loves these gals and their music and shes only dropping the names to point out the hypocrisy

nowhere in her post does she say they shouldnt go #1 or whatever, yall are doing the most

image.png

why is everyone mad at the namedropping when it is so very obvious lana loves these gals and their music and shes only dropping the names to point out the hypocrisy

nowhere in her post does she say they shouldnt go #1 or whatever, yall are doing the most

This