LDRO

Instagram Updates

Also I really do think Lana only listed all those women due to them being in the charts right now with new releases, and I’m sure she supports the majority however her entire post reads like her being an upset toddler seeing other women succeed without getting as much flack as she did 8-9 years ago. Maybe move on and seek some therapy if you’re still this bothered almost a decade later.

If anything shouldn't she be comparing herself to someone like Taylor Swift, who was and continues to be criticized for singing mainly about her role in messy relationships and presents herself as hyperfeminine? (Not as hyperfeminine as 2012 Lana, but still)

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

On 5/21/2020 at 3:01 PM, Noel said:

Not really sure of her point in the first paragraph bc doesn't she mostly catch flack for singing about abusive relationships both physical and emotional, and adoring men who she's sure will end up hurting her thus setting a 'bad example?' I'm not a huge pop person but do these women she named sing mostly about that same subject matter? Ofc they have a few songs here and there about bad relationships and experiences but it's not the focus of their discography in the way Lana's is...

Either way fuck yeah it's Gemini Season baby I love when she starts stupid shit!

Β 

I think she is trying to say:

Β 

• feminist and entertainment industry culture, for the last decade, has been all about women being powerful and strong
  • but Lana doesn't always feel powerful or strong
  • so people call her anti-feminist because she writes about being submissive
  • people attack her for writing about her emotions and how she feels
  • she is literally being attacked for who she is and how she feels.
  • she only sees a space in feminism and the entertainment industry for women who are aggressive or assertive and who are confident in themselves and feel comfortable without wanting a man
  • she doesn't feel like there is a place for her to talk about how she sometimes feels weak or just wants to fall in love or be doted over by a man.
  • it's an example of how women are still expected to fit into a certain group.
  • we were once forcibly labeled hysterical. they took away our power by assigning us as something we had no say in.
  • but if a woman was to declare her messy emotions and impulses, if a woman wanted to sing about feeling like she needs a man or being in an abusive relationship
  • Lana gets a ton of shit for it.
  • it exposes that there isn't a place, or Lana hasn't found a place, that doesn't drag her for writing about being submissive or wanting to be in love.
  • she feels like the press and general public are mean to her when she doesn't conform to what they want.
  • it shouldn't be setting a bad example, because it is a true example of a women empowering herself by writing whatever the hell she wants to. writing is an empowering act especially when it's expressive.
  • you can be feminist and you can be empowered even if you aren't happy with your body, in a good relationship, or don't feel powerful.

tl;dr: you can be aΒ feminist while wantingΒ to be submissive. you can be aΒ feminist who isn’tΒ happy with life, your body, the relationship you're in, etc. you can be aΒ feminist whileΒ embracingΒ the feeling of being powerless and weak. you can be aΒ feminist whoΒ criesΒ over men. you can be a feminist who wants a fairytale romance with a man. you can be aΒ feminist who wantsΒ to crawl in a corner and hide.

Β 

Β 

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

not people calling her racist when she has Whitney Houston, Nina Simone, and Bille holiday tattooed on her chestΒ  :toofunny:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gifΒ  Β tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gifΒ Β tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Β 

not people calling her racist when she has Whitney Houston, Nina Simone, and Bille holiday tattooed on her chestΒ  :toofunny:

i don't think she is racist, but this has such a "i have a black best friend" vibe and it's just...dumb

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

She better make a statement clarifying that she wasn't dragging those women or it's over. None of them are going to speak up to defend her.

Β 

I honestly wouldn't say anything if I were her. Her statement was what it was, the more she writes, the more she feeds the beast, in simpler terms she feeds these stan Twitter folks that apparently have no life as they just keep waiting for a celebrity to say or express something slightly tone deaf to start a #SuchArtistIsCanceledParty. Which is exactly what is happening right now. Next thing we know is that Ms. Azealia Banks will wake up from her long winter's nap to drag Lana, again. Then these same stan Twitter no-lifers will rejoice "yAy AnOtHeR pRoBlEmAtIc WhItE wOmAn HaS bEeN dEfEaTeD!!!1!" then they'll go back to hating Azealia, because even they don't like her.

tl;dr: It is feminist to show that you want to be submissive. it is feminist to not be happy with life, your body, the relationship you're in, etc. it is feminist to write about your emotions. it feminist to embrace the feeling of being powerless and weak. it is feminist to want to be in a relationship with a man. it is feminist to cry over men, it is feminist to want to crawl in a corner and hide.Β 

Β 

it is feminist to be a woman and feel your emotions. just let the poor woman be able to feel her emotions. she shouldn't have to stifle and repress them.

THISSSSS

The rant is very messy although I get the point she is making.

Β 

That one part "I'm just a glamorous person" though :derpna2: you have to be out of touch with reality or have no real people around you to say something like that about yourselfΒ  :um:Β  :eek: :shh:

Β 

• feminist and entertainment industry culture, for the last decade, has been all about women being powerful and strong
  • she only sees a space in feminism and the entertainment industry for women who are aggressive or assertive and who are confident in themselves and feel comfortable without wanting a man
  • she doesn't feel like there is a place for her to talk about how she sometimes feels weak or just wants to fall in love or be doted over by a man.
  • we were once forcefully labeled hysterical. they took away our power by assigning us as something we had no say in.
  • but if a woman was to declare her messy emotions and impulses, if a woman wanted to sing about feeling like she needs a man or being in an abusive relationship
  • it exposes that there isn't a place, or Lana hasn't found a place, that doesn't drag her for writing about being submissive or wanting to be in love.
  • she feels like the press and general public are mean to her when she doesn't conform to what they want.
  • it shouldn't be setting a bad example, because it is a true example of a women empowering herself by writing whatever the hell she wants to. writing is an empowering act especially when it's expressive.
  • you can be feminist and you can be empowered even if you aren't happy with your body, in a good relationship, or don't feel powerful.

tl;dr: It is feminist to show that you want to be submissive. it is feminist to not be happy with life, your body, the relationship you're in, etc. it is feminist to write about your emotions. it feminist to embrace the feeling of being powerless and weak. it is feminist to want to be in a relationship with a man. it is feminist to cry over men, it is feminist to want to crawl in a corner and hide.Β 

Β 

it is feminist to be a woman and feel your emotions. just let the poor woman be able to feel her emotions. she shouldn't have to stifle and repress them.

Β 

Funny how you actually encapsulated everything Lana meant with her post and you didn't even mention anyone's skin colour or even ethnicity... Oh wait, that's exactly what Lana meant too.

Β 

• we were once forcefully labeled hysterical. they took away our power by assigning us as something we had no say in.

Β 

Yes, I am aware of and agree with all of this. I think it's strange for her to compare the critical reception of her music (BTD & UV especially) with that of pop-rappers who DO constantly sing about being 'strong and empowered', 'not needing a man' etc. Yes it is a double standard, but when the mainstream socially digestible view of feminism is being strong and independent all the time she is bound to catch flack for her subject matter. She knows this (or at least I hope so) she needs to stick to her guns (i.e. continue to sing about what she wants & subject matter important to her) and explain herself better outside of the music to escape that 'anti-feminist' label.

tumblr_m11yve4noX1r1o1p8o1_500.jpg

Β 

Β 

sad that she couldn't articulate this herself

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Also, is it just me or some of her statement is a direct jab at Lorde and all the shit she said about Lana early on in her careerΒ  :hooker:

Β 

Where? Lol

wdym where? that's like saying a man can't be sexist if he has a tattoo of a woman... Again don't think lana's racist but it's a dumb analogy

I hope she’ll start releasing controversial music again. I feel like she’s been limiting herself when it comes to new music. LFL/NFR feels very PC compared to her previous works. She’s not an artist for SJWs. She belongs in her own lane, she’s meant to have haters. She’s not supposed to make sense, and that’s why I love her music. She’s not afraid to call out people and make off statements cause that’s how she feels. She’s misunderstood and I love her for it. I hated Lana when she came out with BTD (the music video). It was superficial. I thought it was dumb that someone could become viral with that content. However, she upset me so much that I had to listen to her more. Then I fell in love. Lana is something else, I don’t think she gets that appreciation for her weird mind. This post is the smartest thing she’s done in awhile or ever for that matter.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Also, is it just me or some of her statement is a direct jab at Lorde and all the shit she said about Lana early on in her careerΒ  :hooker:

Β 

someone fill me in, i only started following lana in 2017. what did Lorde say about Lana?

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

sad that she couldn't articulate this herself

Β 

I mean I did understood what Lana meant in her statement, some of it could've been worded better, but like...some people really have to reach and make this a race issue with LanaΒ merely mentioning other successful female artist, some of them happening to be POC, and automatically assuming by them being successful she completely disregarded or overlooked their personal challenges and perhaps not so fortunate circumstances. As if she didn't have personal challenges or experienced bullshit in the music industry herself, which is exactly what her whole post was about.