LDRO

Instagram Updates

Also, people saying she didn't invent anything, no one is saying she did :lmao: But no artist has made abuse and depression their entire discography theme and aesthetic. There's a reason why Lana was so fucking criticized. The way she expressed these topics was one of a kind; never seen before.

No. She did not.

Yesterday - 16.380.000 https://socialblade.com/instagram/user/lanadelrey

Today - 16.401.000 

I knew from the moment I read that post that it was untrue. Thanks  :gclap:

Also the fact that even some of her own stans completely disagree with the fact that she's made an incredibly subtle yet absolutely recognizable cultural impact in the music world  :lmao:  Yet still stan artists inspired by LDR herself  :lmao: The same people that dislike "hope is a dangerous thing...", a song that is beyond taste; it's about understanding it.

I think that a lot of the reactions solely show that the interpretation of the content is part of the problem. If you see her telling her story of volatile and emotionally-abusive relationships as her "liking it," then you're again putting the blame on the woman and inferring that her "no" was a "yes."

I just don't understand why she's discussing this now rather than in 2014 (and she already had). Critics have praised her in recent years for being freely feminine and showing that women can be messy/have complex emotions. Her subject matter has also evolved to a new outward-looking perspective, or she details stories of life in complex environments rather than a focus on deeply intimate relationships. She expressed herself in an incredibly poor manner and this feels so unnecessary.

All of this and that's why this whole situation is heartbreaking to me. We KNOW what she means and we can resonate with that, but you really can't ignore her poor choice of words. She really didn't think this through.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

All of this and that's why this whole situation is heartbreaking to me. We KNOW what she means and we can resonate with that, but you really can't ignore her poor choice of words. She really didn't think this through.

Yes, she does seem like someone who doesn't think twice when she writes (hence her discography and now oh-so-suddenly-praised honesty in her lyricism).

200.gif

And I don't want to make this about astrology but oh well I know certainly a lot about it but all of this screams so much Leo Moon and her classic Plutonian energy nn.

Also, anyway, why do people criticize her choice of words? Aren't we all messy, problematic, etc, when we try to express our feelings? Especially they they come from angriness or sadness? Oh, 'cause she's a celebrity? Well, that's it, she's a celebrity, not a fucking linguistics scholar.

Twitter stans coming after Lana BC she glamourizes drugs, abusive behaviour etc when a fair few (including myself) listen to The Weeknd who's sung far worst things than she'll ever do. #doublestandards

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Twitter stans coming after Lana BC she glamourizes drugs, abusive behaviour etc when a fair few (including myself) listen to The Weeknd who's sung far worst things than she'll ever do. #doublestandards

Exactly this :lmao: Abel is the male equivalent to LDR yet he never faced any fucking criticism. Okay so he can sing about being oh so sorry for putting a woman into a terrible psychological situation but Lanz can't sing from the woman POV? :rip: Jesus Christ. Yes. Twitter stans are sick in the head. Also I read a post about how Twitter stans get so mad when a woman speaks her mind lol...

Honestly, wouldn’t surprise me to know she got close to Ariana to release DCMA since that could make her get a #1.

I don't really wanna call Lana racist but isn't it ironic how both her and Ariana like to cosplay women of color :rip: Without facing the hardships

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

there is no defending Lana on this one. it's hard to do so when various groups of people like Blacks and male music listeners don't know her, don't care about her, and still perceive her as the 2012 summertime sadness cocaine snorter girl and nothing else. the name dropping was unnecessary, especially when she has collabed with Ariana and is friends w/her... Now everyone thinks she hates black women singing about the same struggles lana sings about.

like Lana is mad that Beyonce and kehlani sing about cheating and twerking... maam you have a catalog of 200+ songs talking about being a lolita protege,  having sex with older men to benefit you and literally be the side piece of a cheating man, like come on now miss Lana. YOU SANG THE OTHER WOMAN AND SAID THAT WAS A LIFE EXPERIENCE OF YOURS

she shoulve scrapped that whooe first half and only focused on the critisims she recieved early last deacde. and adding "my album comes out sept. 5" sounds like attention seeking. 

The general population has a low understanding of music writers and its simply difficult to explain to those people what lana actually meant with this argument

Edited by TRENCH

Lana's whole point was that some people get a free pass, or do not receive the same criticism for expressing themselves (in that case expressing their views on feminism and womanhood), while she was just being her "Lana Del Rey, mysterious and glamorous woman, harkening you back to an era gone by and she sings her songs from a so called unconventional POV" self.

Somehow at the time that was deemed as problematic, but now she sees these successful female artists being bold about their femininity and, for the most part, getting praised for it. I'm sure she lives for every single one of them, but it probably also doesn't sit well with her, because not so long ago she was being critiqued for doing very that.

Usually I defend her, but there's no way around this one. This post exudes White Feminism and it's extremely cringeworthy. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

there is no defending Lana on this one. it's hard to do so when various groups of people like Blacks and male music listeners don't know her, don't care about her, and still perceive her as the 2012 summertime sadness cocaine snorter girl and nothing else. the name dropping was unnecessary, especially when she has collabed with Ariana and is friends w/her... Now everyone thinks she hates black women singing about the same struggles lana sings about.

like Lana is mad that Beyonce and kehlani sing about cheating and twerking... maam you have a catalog of 200+ songs talking about being a lolita protege,  having sex with older men to benefit you and literally be the side piece of a cheating man, like come on now miss Lana. YOU SANG THE OTHER WOMAN AND SAID THAT WAS A LIFE EXPERIENCE OF YOURS

She literally was being criticized for that, that's the whole point. We all know damn well that Lana has an entire catalog full of songs that explore these so called controversial topics, that's not the point. The point is some artists in the music industry express certain ideas in their music and it's like "YASSSS" and others do just that and it's like "yikes". 

tenor.gif?itemid=5785598

Also, anyway, why do people criticize her choice of words? Aren't we all messy, problematic, etc, when we try to express our feelings? Especially they come from angriness or sadness? Oh, 'cause she's a celebrity? Well, that's it, she's a celebrity, not a fucking linguistics scholar.

Because people are allowed to recognise and voice when "poor word choice" carries harmful and ignorant connotations. Trying to shut down very valid concerns because she's "not a fucking linguistic scholar" is completely nonsensical. Where's that energy in the lyric analysis threads? Obviously Stan twitter isn't the place for nuanced discussions because of the nature of twitter but this reads as ignorant and reductive fyi.

locals only

Love her but this mess is the worst thing she could just bring to herself. 

She sounds bitter and over nothing. It's very "I wish I was dead" circa 2014 when for the last 6 years she's been receiving nothing but acclaim from critics and even general public.

It was Bad worded, with a thin veiled racism. Why didn't she didn't address her frustrarion about the males that always get away with the same stuff she mentioned? Why did she pick the black girls that also got the same criticism for being sexual in her songs? 

It really just makes no sense. If she's also really that bothered about people getting #1, maybe she should stand her lazy ass and get out of Instagram and actually promote her music (and let it fucking speaks for itself instead of putting clown make up on for this mess).

I don't really care about her intention, this is just trash that she should have kept to herself instead of trying to paint herself as a victim. She overhauled every critic ever since her Ultraviolence days and should be happy about it. If she wants to go back to singing about being raw-ed about some 70YO outlaw, go for it girl, just don't expect that people will care about you at all. But I guess that's also not a problem for someone who wanted just to live "out of her poetry singing for the ones who understand and care about me"

The whole thing is just so bad because she keeps stumbling. She talks about #1, about critics, about feminism and yet just... got nothing.

I know that the majority of girls she name dropped are black, but yeah Ariana is not black... she is white, like go search pic of her at the time she worked for Disney channel. She just chose to over tan herself to appeal to African American people.

Love her but this mess is the worst thing she could just bring to herself. 

She sounds bitter and over nothing. It's very "I wish I was dead" circa 2014 when for the last 6 years she's been receiving nothing but acclaim from critics and even general public.

It was Bad worded, with a thin veiled racism. Why didn't she didn't address her frustrarion about the males that always get away with the same stuff she mentioned? Why did she pick the black girls that also got the same criticism for being sexual in her songs? 

It really just makes no sense. If she's also really that bothered about people getting #1, maybe she should stand her lazy ass and get out of Instagram and actually promote her music (and let it fucking speaks for itself instead of putting clown make up on for this mess).

I don't really care about her intention, this is just trash that she should have kept to herself instead of trying to paint herself as a victim. She overhauled every critic ever since her Ultraviolence days and should be happy about it. If she wants to go back to singing about being raw-ed about some 70YO outlaw, go for it girl, just don't expect that people will care about you at all. But I guess that's also not a problem for someone who wanted just to live "out of her poetry singing for the ones who understand and care about me"

The whole thing is just so bad because she keeps stumbling. She talks about #1, about critics, about feminism and yet just... got nothing.

All of this

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.