LDRO

Instagram Updates

M.I.A. 100% hands down.Β  and MIA actually stands for stuff that matters, made way more innovative music, had way more people try to rip off her art, and still gets paid dust.Β  M.I.A. cannot sneeze without backlash

tbh i agree and i dont think she was intending to harm.Β  but shes been in the game for almost 10 years.Β  she has got to know people are gonna spin a huge deal out of literally anything she does.Β  i fully support her speaking her mind and expressing herself however she wants.Β  i dont think she ever should cave for what the industry or critic wants from her.Β  but that comes with an amount of backlash, so i hope she figures out a way to deal with the backlash better.Β  even if its jsut ignoring it.Β  she has made wonderful art that so many people adore.Β  just because someone drags her in a blog post or whatever shouldnt negate that.Β  i just hope she can find peace with maybe being an underground icon who doesnt have to be everyone's taste

Β 

Agree, agree, agree. She really was less than smart here, she should've just fine tuned her message and definitely leave anyone's name out of it. The whole post was kinda self-destructive in the first place tbh. Like she had to know her sentiment would be overshadowed by her mentioning those other successful female artists. It was really dumb.

Β 

But then again, this probably why I don't like her poetry all too much, it needs fine tuning, she's too whatever with writing down her thoughts.

This whole situation was really insightful in that it showed me who of my friends have had reading comprehension in school and those who did not. I do not know why but I have to stan. So messy. White Hot forever be that ethereal pop baddy b !!

Here it is but she’s pretty spot on now that we can see the aftermath

Β 

I'd just like to point out that I posted this at the beginning and people said I was insane.

Β 

I am insane, but that's beside the point.

Β 

:smile3:

Β 

If you don't believe in this stuff, nobody cares. If you do believe in this stuff, and play Animal Crossing, I will send you the fortune-telling set.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

The fact that people think she’s racist... the post has no racist undertones whatsoever I’m shocked people are even saying that. Sure she sounded ignorant, but in no way was she diminishing what the people she listed have gone through. I think she’s saying now that people can release whatever they want without extensive think pieces, can critics lay off being overly critical with her work/themes/lyrical content. That’s all. And sorry but none of these celebs ever back her up. Wack ass industry. But again (like her mothers day post) she should’ve just vented to her friends or smt... this didn’t need to be posted.

The fact that people think she’s racist... the post has no racist undertones whatsoever I’m shocked people are even saying that. Sure she sounded ignorant, but in no way was she diminishing what the people she listed have gone through. I think she’s saying now that people can release whatever they want without extensive think pieces, can critics lay off being overly critical with her work/themes/lyrical content. That’s all. And sorry but none of these celebs ever back her up. Wack ass industry. But again (like her mothers day post) she should’ve just vented to her friends or smt... this didn’t need to be posted.

Β 

I've legit been saying since this morning and I was somehow panned as lowkey racist and ignorant, even by people I consider to be friends on here. It was indeed pointless, and dare I say, stupid of her to even mention anyone in her message. But somehow people interpreted that as Lana disregarding/invalidating the struggles and hardships of the women she mentioned and in a broader spectrum WOC in the music industry as a whole or making it sound easy for them. But I repeat, as much as her message was tone deaf, I don't feel like that was her intention at all.

Β 

Her message definitely needed better wording or should've just been relegated to the garbage bin. But I still very much agreed with the part about her feeling like despite a lot of people in the industry claiming every women have their place, she still doesn't feel like she has hers and the personal frustration that comes along. That is personally what I got from her message (not the comments that came afterwards though).

Β 

I feel like Lana should stick to express her innermost feelings in her music and leave it to interpretation, just like she did in 'Brooklyn Baby'. It would've been a much better look for her.

I'd just like to point out that I posted this at the beginning and people said I was insane.

Β 

I am insane, but that's beside the point.

Β 

:smile3:

Β 

If you don't believe in this stuff, nobody cares. If you do believe in this stuff, and play Animal Crossing, I will send you the fortune-telling set.

I totally do. When I first saw it, I was like hmmm let’s see how this goes and then they broke up like maybe a month later? I didn’t remember that video until today. It’s interesting because I think she’s right. Ngl, I did like them together but I think the reader is right. He was really into posting them together and managed to get an interview AFTER they broke up, would he have gotten that without her? No

Β 

So, I’m inclined to say others were right and he may have been a leech

Β 

Β 

I've legit been saying since this morning and I was somehow panned as lowkey racist and ignorant. It was indeed pointless, and dare I say, stupid of her to even mention anyone in her message. But somehow people interpreted that as Lana disregarding/invalidating the struggles and hardships of the women she mentioned and in a broader spectrum WOC in the music industry as a whole.

Β 

Her message definitely needed better wording or should've been relegated to the garbage bin. But I still very much agreed with the part about her feeling like despite a lot of people in the industry claiming every women have their place, she still doesn't feel like she has hers. That is personally what I got from her message (not the comments that came afterwards though).

Β 

I feel like Lana should stick to express her innermost feelings in her music and leave it to interpretation, just like she did in 'Brooklyn Baby'. It would've been a much better look for her.

idk i read her statement not as overtly racist but not really recognizing how her own privilege, as a wealthy white woman in america, played into it.Β  she has done and said racist stuff in the past.Β  even very recently.Β  i posted whole things on lanaboards months ago about her blindness to racial dynamics in her 3 part video throwing shit at cops and laughing with no fear of being shot and killed.Β  compare that to beyonce making a video with powerful statements about Black resilience in the face of racist policing and police brutality and getting a bunch of republicans talking about lynching her or how shes "anti american" or some shit.Β  she wore a headdress in the Ride video while saying "i believe in the place america used to be" (presumably referring to... idk the '70s?Β  def not pre-colonialism).Β  she dated a TV cop who engaged in racial profiling on his stupid tv show and said hes "one of the good ones".....Β  there's a precedent for people thinking she's ignorant and blind to the racial subtext of the shit she puts out.

Β 

i think Lana specifically referencing mostly Black women - then proceeding into an angry post ab the backlash she's gotten -Β  reads as her slating those artists as her competition, or not getting backlash, or having advantages over her or whatever. which would be dismissing those artists experiences.Β  re-reading it, i can see how possibly she didn't mean it like that.Β  but i dont think its insanity for people to read the subtext of a white woman complaining that these (more) popular Black artists are more successful than her or not as attacked as her or something.Β  she really made it sound like that.

Β 

i also think its an incredibly white privilege-y thing to say "oh well this definitely isnt about race."Β  i think race dynamics play a much larger role in society than a lot of white people are willing to acknowledge.Β  part of what's interesting about this generation is how these issues ARE coming into the mainstream consciousness more.Β  and i think Lana, if she wants to be taken seriously like she says, should pay more attention to that.Β  idk, is she not not racist or not not anti-racist?

Β 

BEYOND the race thing, her whole point is that she wasn't glamorizing abuse.Β  WHY then, has she recently done things such as stop singing "Cola" bc of how it glamorizes a Harvey Weinstein-esque predatory relationship or "he hit me and it felt like a kiss"?Β  she clearly thinks those things are problematic.Β  i think its possible Lana has faced abusive or exploitative scenarios and relationships in her life, if her music is to be taken as autobiographical to some extent.Β  she literally started out singing about Lolita relating the story to herself.Β  which is straight up about an underage girl being abused and exploited by a narcissistic older man.Β  she may not be glamorizing it.Β  and i dont think acknowledging the reality of those dynamics is bad.Β  but she could use her story as a way to advocate for women instead of being "not not a feminist."

I know this has probably already been discussed, but can someone explain to me what does the "the kind of woman who says no but men hear yes" sentence really means? i read a lot of people saying they find it very disturbing, that she's romantizicing r*pe and etc. maybe she was trying to portrait herself (like she said later in the comments) as someone who doesn't always looks strong, or like she's in control? to be honest i don't understand what she meant with that at all neither, but going back to the first statement, can someone explain please? i've been thinking a lot about it and whatever she wanted to say with it i think it sounds a little bit weird and out of touch

I know this has probably already been discussed, but can someone explain to me what does the "the kind of woman who says no but men hear yes" sentence really means? i read a lot of people saying they find it very disturbing, that she's romantizicing r*pe and etc. maybe she was trying to portrait herself (like she said later in the comments) as someone who doesn't always looks strong, or like she's in control? to be honest i don't understand what she meant with that at all neither, but going back to the first statement, can someone explain please? i've been thinking a lot about it and whatever she wanted to say with it i think it sounds a little bit weird and out of touch

Lmao.... Shes talking about women who are soft spoken and when they try and stand their ground men dont take them seriously. Happens to me alot. Happens alot in Korean culture aswell. Men don’t take your β€œno” seriously because they see you as submissive and think they can force whatever they want on you. Its not solely a sexual thing. It happens in all sorts of ways.

Lmao.... Shes talking about women who are soft spoken and when they try and stand their ground men dont take them seriously. Happens to me alot. Happens alot in Korean culture aswell. Men don’t take your β€œno” seriously because they see you as submissive and think they can force whatever they want on you. Its not solely a sexual thing. It happens in all sorts of ways.

yeah i never thought about anything disturbing, just what i was reading on twitter, but the way she said it it sounded like she was talking about a general topic (men not taking a "no" from women, and it sounded like if that was something that only happens to a certain type of woman, but yeah thanks i understand now.

This whole situation was really insightful in that it showed me who of my friends have had reading comprehension in school and those who did not. I do not know why but I have to stan. So messy. White Hot forever be that ethereal pop baddy b !!

the people leading the witch hunt are morons who can't read. Anybody could be next

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg