LDRO

Instagram Updates

One guy on Tik Tok was going off about Beyonce's accomplishments as a black woman as if Lana somehow invalidated them... I hate it here. I think it's time for a social media break oml.

Another thing: it's interesting how during the NFR era she was talking about how she wished she filtered herself in the past, and during her past few tours she'd make subtle comments after singing songs like Ultraviolence and Gods & Monsters (I think she said something along the lines of "what was I thinking when I wrote those songs). I wonder what changed for her all of the sudden.

I just hope she doesn't let this moment of "cancel" affect her, cause its all being blown out of proportion, like sister has WOC dancers, pianist, friends including ASAP & The Weekend since 2011... and included him on her title track... 

really hope her music friends are reaching out to her. 

She said what she said who cares if people go off we stan an opulent queen that’s the tea, amen, new album sept 5 Lana stays winning we stay winning the gays won etc etc A M E N

opulence is the end  :creep: 

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Regardless of one's personal feelings about all of this, I think we can all agree it has been messy as fuck

I hope she doesn't say anything else about it because she'll make it messier

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I know this has probably already been discussed, but can someone explain to me what does the "the kind of woman who says no but men hear yes" sentence really means? i read a lot of people saying they find it very disturbing, that she's romantizicing r*pe and etc. maybe she was trying to portrait herself (like she said later in the comments) as someone who doesn't always looks strong, or like she's in control? to be honest i don't understand what she meant with that at all neither, but going back to the first statement, can someone explain please? i've been thinking a lot about it and whatever she wanted to say with it i think it sounds a little bit weird and out of touch

I think that sentence was off because she is implying that women being abused has something to do with a quality about themselves rather than an issue with the man doing the abuse. It is a way to internalize misogyny and blame oneself for being the "type" of woman that is abused rather than placing the blame on the man for being the abuser. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

as a white woman, i can't say that what she said was racist - it really isn't my place to but i definitely do think that people are taking bits and pieces from the novel she wrote and twisting them into something they're not and i really do feel bad for her because there wasn't any malice attached to her statement, she would have just been better leaving out the names, whether she is good friends w the artists or not. i hate cancel culture, and i think people are just taking what they read and flying w it which is dumb. i'm tired  :toofunny:

Yeah it's v frustrating that people are attacking the valid points she made because they're (justifiably) angry about the racial implications

locals only

You guys I got into a Twitter brawl for trying to defend Lana statement I’m telling you two kids CAME at me like I was some type of white supremacist calling my belonging to minority group (gay) not valid because I’m not black Like what ? What’s wrong with people?

You guys I got into a Twitter brawl for trying to defend Lana statement I’m telling you two kids CAME at me like I was some type of white supremacist calling my belonging to minority group (gay) not valid because I’m not black Like what ? What’s wrong with people?

they probs want some sort of control semblance bc they don't wanna get hurt so they go on the offense bc misery loves company but it's like. did that help anything? 

UV/Honeymoon

I respect people when they say whatever the hell they want to say because they feel so. I would hate living in a world in which celebrities (and not only) would have to silence themselves and water down their speeches so that people of bad faith could not twist their words -- especially when they are not even offensive, hateful or whatever. 

We are all unperfect, limited human beings. Expecting famous persons to not be is illusory and unfairly oppressive. 

in other words, YOU GO GIRL!!!!

I think that sentence was off because she is implying that women being abused has something to do with a quality about themselves rather than an issue with the man doing the abuse. It is a way to internalize misogyny and blame oneself for being the "type" of woman that is abused rather than placing the blame on the man for being the abuser.

Now ma'am, do you want some ointment? Because that was a stretch.

That line can have multiple meanings and Lana's the only one who can say what it means.

I get what you're saying and that could be it. However, it could also mean that "the woman says no but man think it's a yes" not making it her fault (the woman) but making it his fault. Like, "men hear what they want, even if you say no" making it your fault when it's theirs.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Now that I've had time to digest this a bit more, I'mma say my piece.

Short version/ Summary:

Girlfriend is in her feelings right now (and I'm sad for her) but she made a major mis-step that she could have used as an opportunity for growth but instead quadrupled down; I'm disappointed in her but will still support her musically because nothing can take her music and its meaning away from me; Twitter cancel culture is going overboard but there is validity behind the points POC (including myself in there) have made; I don't consider Lana racist but she does not recognize the privilege she has experienced compared to the women she included in her post; Lana thwarted her own intended meaning of her post by the aggressive tones throughout, especially in the beginning; both this and her response overshadowed the rest of what she had to say about the perception of her glamorizing abuse, which she made valid points about.

Longer version:

I'm genuinely sad that Lana was clearly hurt by something that led her to make the post in the first place. I do believe her *intention* was not to openly dismiss the women she named, but once you put your words out there, you have to realize they're not quite solely yours anymore, and can be open to interpretation. Which I'd imagine was the point of sharing it in the first place, as it was labeled as a "question for the culture." A lot of people who end up being involved in race-related interactions don't have the intention of going there, and I don't believe Lana did. But intent only goes so far. It seems like a lot of people here don't want to hear it, but the POC who shared their concerns made valid points about the racial bias and Lana's inability to see how, despite her own legitimate difficulties in the industry, she has benefited from her privilege in ways the other artists she named have not.

While some may say it's not up to her to "correct" what she meant to say, the way she responded in those four follow-ups, after spending the day deleting comments (whether it was her or her team is irrelevant) was more tone-deaf than the original post. A lot of the more blind stans will say this is unimportant (which is concerning), but I do believe she lost some fans of color, and that is sad. Because it didn't have to be that way. Lana could have more maturely addressed her mis-step rather than leaping into quicksand with those four follow-up comments and her #fuckoff post. And doing so doesn't automatically mean she would have "catered to the public" or "backed down." She had an opportunity for growth, and she didn't take it, opting instead to react from a place of anger and low vibration. It's not "ICONIC" or a "kween" moment, as now this is what people (GP though I know no one here cares about that) will focus on, rather than her legitimate concerns about the general perception of her glamorizing abuse. She played herself, and it baffles me that stans don't see that. I'm legitimately concerned that stans are all "haters don't have reading comprehension! lolz" when Lana herself clearly has the inability to comprehend how her word choices contributed to this mess. It's not a good look, and while it's not career-ending, it's at least a derailment/ distraction of sorts. And I don't want that for her.

Lastly, I still love her and support her music because she/ the music means so much to me.  

That's why I'm not reading anything about her on twitter. Those fans are mostly 14/15/16 yrs old. They probably don't have their own opinions and just use someone elses to justify their anger and ignorance.

giphy.gif

Short version/ Summary:

Girlfriend is in her feelings right now (and I'm sad for her) but she made a major mis-step that she could have used as an opportunity for growth but instead quadrupled down; I'm disappointed in her but will still support her musically because nothing can take her music and its meaning away from me; Twitter cancel culture is going overboard but there is validity behind the points POC (including myself in there) have made; I don't consider Lana racist but she does not recognize the privilege she has experienced compared to the women she included in her post; Lana thwarted her own intended meaning of her post by the aggressive tones throughout, especially in the beginning; both this and her response overshadowed the rest of what she had to say about the perception of her glamorizing abuse, which she made valid points about.

Longer version:

I'm genuinely sad that Lana was clearly hurt by something that led her to make the post in the first place. I do believe her *intention* was not to openly dismiss the women she named, but once you put your words out there, you have to realize they're not quite solely yours anymore, and can be open to interpretation. Which I'd imagine was the point of sharing it in the first place, as it was labeled as a "question for the culture." A lot of people who end up being involved in race-related interactions don't have the intention of going there, and I don't believe Lana did. But intent only goes so far. It seems like a lot of people here don't want to hear it, but the POC who shared their concerns made valid points about the racial bias and Lana's inability to see how, despite her own legitimate difficulties in the industry, she has benefited from her privilege in ways the other artists she named have not.

While some may say it's not up to her to "correct" what she meant to say, the way she responded in those four follow-ups, after spending the day deleting comments (whether it was her or her team is irrelevant) was more tone-deaf than the original post. A lot of the more blind stans will say this is unimportant (which is concerning), but I do believe she lost some fans of color, and that is sad. Because it didn't have to be that way. Lana could have more maturely addressed her mis-step rather than leaping into quicksand with those four follow-up comments and her #fuckoff post. And doing so doesn't automatically mean she would have "catered to the public" or "backed down." She had an opportunity for growth, and she didn't take it, opting instead to react from a place of anger and low vibration. It's not "ICONIC" or a "kween" moment, as now this is what people (GP though I know no one here cares about that) will focus on, rather than her legitimate concerns about the general perception of her glamorizing abuse. She played herself, and it baffles me that stans don't see that. I'm legitimately concerned that stans are all "haters don't have reading comprehension! lolz" when Lana herself clearly has the inability to comprehend how her word choices contributed to this mess. It's not a good look, and while it's not career-ending, it's at least a derailment/ distraction of sorts. And I don't want that for her.

Lastly, I still love her and support her music because she/ the music means so much to me.

Thank you for writing this. I wholeheartedly agree and feel the frustration and complications.

locals only

Short version/ Summary:

Longer version:

I think this should be a note to end this whole thing off on. Let’s just talk about her other boring ass posts now LOL