LDRO

Instagram Updates

will none of the artists she mentioned defend her? their silence makes this extra weird- i feel like if a few of those ladies had come forward and said i know what my good sis lana meant , it would quickly blow over wouldn't it?

I dont think she’s having a meltdown, she seems just fine to me? Annoyed for sure, but i bet she feels that alot (in her womb space and brain place)

If this is a crisis everyday is a crisis for me!

Anyway i think her post was a little stupid but nothing crazy

:illumilana2:  :pray2:  :lanahottie:  :suicide:  :lanahairflip4:

She wrote about how she knows those girls and how she loves them, but not a single one of the mentioned girls said anything. At least to say “hey I get it it’s not a post against us but against the critics and the industry” just to back her up

She wrote about how she knows those girls and how she loves them, but not a single one of the mentioned girls said anything. At least to say “hey I get it it’s not a post against us but against the critics and the industry” just to back her up

They don't want to be dragged too they are cowards but hey who cares?

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I think it's only natural to care for someone who means a great deal to them. we can't take that away, it's innate. years made that clear for a lot. 

so i'm thinking that fans might really get split, ie the page count growth. what we see might not be the full picture, but with the way she chooses to express thru social media of course is gonna put into focus, bc I mean, that's what social media does (that's another convo). 

if anything, this is a sort of test of trust.
what I don't get or what worries me is if there's anything behind her need for such expression. I just hope that there are people she can trust to help her see things through, no bs. it's probably already difficult enough being so alone in the industry, it's such a teetering dance. but that could also mean that it might b difficult for the average person to look her in the eyes and sit her down. we overcomplicate so much but really, I think she needs a genuine connection rn. 

it might be difficult to really get back to that place of centeredness, especially after the feats she's done herself. which ironically, can just have her end up feeling even more secluded. maybe she's searching for that sense of support from others bc that's what she thinks she needs rn? 

no doubt things exacerbated. Lana if ur even like, reading. we're here for u girl. hope ur alrite.

UV/Honeymoon

You know how one of the tropes that feminism addresses is the one where a women expresses a heavy emotion, then a man calls her “hysterical” and tells her to “calm down”?

Everyone implying that she must be having some kind of mental breakdown or even outright saying she needs to shut her mouth instead of acknowledging that this is legit how she actually feels (even if they don’t personally agree) has a similar tone.

She may “not not be a feminist” but surely some of the people dismissing her as simply having a mental breakdown stand firmly in their feminist beliefs and it seems like a double standard. And while she may be upset, there is a way to criticize the content of her message without dismissing her mental state altogether.

Hari Nef (who has hung out with Lana before) liking shady posts about her...

which is interesting cause yesterday she liked Lana’s post and when I checked today she apparently unliked it

kySyfQZ.jpg

You know how one of the tropes that feminism addresses is the one where a women expresses a heavy emotion, then a man calls her “hysterical” and tells her to “calm down”?

Everyone implying that she must be having some kind of mental breakdown or even outright saying she needs to shut her mouth instead of acknowledging that this is legit how she actually feels (even if they don’t personally agree) has a similar tone.

She may “not not be a feminist” but surely some of the people dismissing her as simply having a mental breakdown stand firmly in their feminist beliefs and it seems like a double standard. And while she may be upset, there is a way to criticize the content of her message without dismissing her mental state altogether.

It's one thing to say that she's having a mental breakdown and is hysterical etc etc but it's another to not be reveling in this, not just because of the content but because this is clearly causing her pain. Content and context aside the whole "Yaaaaas Lana go OFF I'm living for this!" when we don't know what's going on, what prompted this, what conversations she's having and more broadly what she's going through doesn't sit right w me.

locals only

people on twitter are insinuating now that lana was trying to masculinize black women ,,,, im deleting twitter 

I can see how people come to that conclusion. Her calling black women she's namedropped obsessed with sex and then describing herself as embodied and feeling beautiful like "twerking" is a lesser thing. Stereotypically (and in Lana's songs) men are more dominant in sexual behaviors and if she sees herself as delicate then it's not the hardest to make that connection.

Obviously it's a fucking reach but yeah 

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

It's one thing to say that she's having a mental breakdown and is hysterical etc etc but it's another to not be reveling in this, not just because of the content but because this is clearly causing her pain.

Those two responses aren’t the only options but I do agree that she is most likely upset, which is sad but perhaps this release is providing her some kind of catharsis. I do wish her well though.

I hope she understands that no matter how the critics scrutinize her, her most vulnerable songs have helped me and many of us through hard times. So even though she thinks that the industry doesn't appreciate women who "look like her", we do. And as long as she channels that vulnerability in her art, she'll have the people who relate to her behind her. And the people who relate to her probably aren't the darlings of the world (aka the most popular people). So why does she want to be the critic's darling?

I would have stopped trying to fit in that world a long time ago. 

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

I hope she understands that no matter how the critics scrutinize her, her most vulnerable songs have helped me and many of us through hard times. So even though she thinks that the industry doesn't appreciate women who "look like her", we do. And as long as she channels that vulnerability in her art, she'll have the people who relate to her behind her. And the people who relate to her probably aren't the darlings of the world (aka the most popular people). So why does she want to be the critic's darling?

I would have stopped trying to fit in that world a long time ago. 

I think, and for me this resonated deeply, is that didn't she mention always wanting to find, her people? This might be a way of her trying to find that out. 

UV/Honeymoon

Exactly this :lmao: Abel is the male equivalent to LDR yet he never faced any fucking criticism. Okay so he can sing about being oh so sorry for putting a woman into a terrible psychological situation but Lanz can't sing from the woman POV? :rip: Jesus Christ. Yes. Twitter stans are sick in the head. Also I read a post about how Twitter stans get so mad when a woman speaks her mind lol...

He was getting backlash for "Lost in the fire" & bruises (from his latest album cover) issue that James Charles brought up

Lana will always be an outsider and I think she's just had that revelation. Not matter how hard she tried playing the game for the last two albums she still wasn't truly good enough for them. She lost AOTY Grammy to a child, someone that literally re-branded and re-packaged Rey's style for a younger generation. That must've fucking hurt.

To top it off she had a female critic imply that she suffered some sort of abuse as a child. Like who the fuck dose that. Do you think she would have said that if Lana was a man?

I still don't get the "Lana paved the way" issues. Lana & Billie are 2 different artist with 2 different sounds.. also Billie's biggest "influence" was Aurora .Lana was one of many artist she was inspired by.. I think people are biased lol

i just hope she's with people she loves today & staying off the internet.  a lot of the hate and vitriol now being thrown at her has nothing to do with the stupid thing she said, and is nothing but cruel.  

many don't want her to succeed, many at the very first chance they get, will do everything to crush her or bring her down.  all the smug shit too like "i always KNEW lana wasn't shit". "always knew i was right for not liking her". "yall i never saw a thing in her in the first place" - this scandal is making them feel like they have an ounce of personality or charm now.  they feel above her.  and now everyone's kicking her

fuck that 

I woke up this morning and looked out the window and the sun was still there so I figured the world didn't end.

Yesterday while this was going on Chuck's Instagram story had some pictures of food. I think one was a bowl of cherries. Probably made before this whole thing.

I got this image of all of them in California. The whole family living in one big house. But it's not a home it's an asylum!

Charlie doesn't live there and is kind of bummed he may have to visit this holiday weekend.

Patty is in a room upstairs knitting and rocking back and forth in a rocking chair. She's thinking, "I knew she was no good".

Rob is in another upstairs room wearing a little sea captain's hat. He spends the day looking through a telescope. He is looking for whales or land. Occasionally he will burst out, "Land Ho".

In the backyard is a shed on fire and Lana is standing nearby. She is trying to eat an unpeeled lemon while dragging her nails down the side of her face. She is screaming.

Chuck is in the kitchen and can be heard yelling, "OK everyone the cherry pie is finished, get it while it's hot".

Paradise.

Twitter is so toxic. I can understand lots of people's opinions on both sides of the spectrum, but I feel like so many things with her post has been twisted to hell, mainly because people are desperate for clout and people very well know that negative tweets gets the most likes and attention. A lot of people are pretty much dissecting her post and creating a problem that isn't even there, mainly to create this false image to feed a particular narrative they want to portray for their own entertainment. 

But with that being said, I can't speak much on the racism thing because I'm not black, and I don't want to invalidate the hurt a lot of black people are feeling with her post. If that's how some of them feel with her post, then who am I to say it's wrong?

It's a very difficult thing to discuss tbh

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven