LDRO

Instagram Updates

where did you read this? if so i hope it's true, two of her best albums in one! 

an inside source

Is this true or more fan fiction?

an inside source

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

according to an inside sorce, the album will be much more in the vain of ultraviolence and aka, more heavy guitars and weird synths etc, she has apparantly met up with dan and emile for this

im manifesting this

Having the opportunity to have a sleepless night and really re-think about the whole situation and everything that unfolded yesterday was not the best experience. Nevertheless, I think it was somewhat eye-opening. 

I still feel as though that the wording was very, veeery, poor and there was absolutely no need for Lana to namedrop any of these successful female artists to make a point, as it actually made it look like she was victimizing herself and that was frankly insensitive to the hardships any and all of the women she mentioned actually went and are still going through. It made her come across as selfish, insensitive and to a certain extent quite ignorant on other important issues.

But, getting passed the first paragraph, I feel like the rest of her letter is actually spot on. She specifically called out female indie writers in her post for the way they treated her and are still treating her today, in regards to the her lyricism and her so called "submissive" image/persona. I don't know if many of you guys have been around since 2011-12, but what she said hit close to the bone to me. Back in those days, these same indie writers they legit made a sport out of hating Lana and making up stories about her to further their narrative that she was this dumb, self-destructive, inauthentic industry plant. Which I think Lana still hasn't let go, regardless of the recent critical acclaim she has received over 'NFR!'. She clearly has harnessed strong resentment towards this specific group of people.

It all definitely came out wrong, but I feel like it comes from a place of personal frustration of being apart of the industry, as it's the first time she actually directly alluded to the whole thing.

Still, I wish Lana had a PR person, this is way too messy even by her so called standards.

And that was my last post on the topic, I've already lost/pissed off enough LanaBoards acquaintances as is. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell (Remixes)

1. Twitter God Complex

2. Ignorant Bitch

3. Fuck it, I Don't Care Anymore

4. Draggin' Time

5. Feminist Song

6. Controversial Girl

7. How To Piss Off a Million People

8. The Next Best American Scandal

9. The Baddest

10. A Phone is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have It

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

He was getting backlash for "Lost in the fire" & bruises (from his latest album cover) issue that James Charles brought up

Oh, thanks for reminding me of the 2% of backlash compared to LDR he's gotten.

---

God I wish I could speak instead of type, not only my fingers are freezing but I'm much better when I speak

---

LOL. he got dragged for he's druggy lyrics , associating with Sabrina Claudio, he's collaboration with the racist sweatshirt company & the usher controversy. I mean he's a bigger name & he gets dragged by way more people & music critics.. this also isn't a competition

thought about it a bit and came to the conclusion that this whole thing is even dumber than previously thought.

lana handles criticism from an army of snobby male critics without speaking out and never protests when men say disgusting things about her (eminem, anybody??) but god forbid a 17 year old girl express her thoughts about her work or ann powers to criticize her even a little bit in an article. jesus christ. i’ve never seen a clearer case of internalized misogyny in my entire life

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

thought about it a bit and came to the conclusion that this whole thing is even dumber than previously thought.

lana handles criticism from an army of snobby male critics without speaking out and never protests when men say disgusting things about her (eminem, anybody??) but god forbid a 17 year old girl express her thoughts about her work or ann powers to criticize her even a little bit in an article. jesus christ. i’ve never seen a clearer case of internalized misogyny in my entire life

i feel bad for her right now...she can't see it

---

LOL. he got dragged for he's druggy lyrics , associating with Sabrina Claudio, he's collaboration with the racist sweatshirt company & the usher controversy. I mean he's a bigger name & he gets dragged by way more people & music critics.. this also isn't a competition

No he dose not. Don't be delulu. He gets called out for it here and there on very rare occasions but it dies down incredibly fast. Why? BC he's a male.

It's nothing compared to the criticism Lana has and still does get in her career.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell (Remixes)

1. Twitter God Complex

2. Ignorant Bitch

3. Fuck it, I Don't Care Anymore

4. Draggin' Time

5. Feminist Song

6. Controversial Girl

7. How To Piss Off a Million People

8. The Next Best American Scandal

9. The Baddest

10. A Phone is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have It

10. A Phone is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have It           Excellent!!!!!!!!!!

10. A Phone is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have It           Excellent!!!!!!!!!!

I was especially proud of this one lol

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think something good that has come from this is that we've had awesome discussion where we brought up important issues. It has been really, idk concerning and disheartening reading a lot of people's posts (thank you for dismissing valid discussion with the dozen of posts saying we are lacking reading comprehension skills), but I hope this can open up a place for more conversation about women in the music industry and artistic freedom.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

ame="YvonneMD" post="912181" timestamp="1590171137"]

No he dose not. Don't be delulu. He gets called out for it here and there on a very rare occasion and it dies down incredibly fast. Why? BC he's a male.

It's nothing compared to the criticism Lana has and still does get in her career.

Exactly. And Lana faced harsh criticism since day 1. There was a point where nobody, absolutely nobody but her then-not-so-big fanbase supported her. January 2012 was a nightmare for her psychologically.

She still believed in her art and kept going, even if people judged her for every single thing she did. And you can't deny 90% of those reviews and commentaries were sexist. The industry was more anti-feminist towards LDR than LDR's music supposedly was.

Exactly. And Lana faced harsh criticism since day 1. There was a point where nobody, absolutely nobody but her then-not-so-big fanbase supported her. January 2012 was a nightmare for her psychologically.

She still believed in her art and kept going, even if people judged her for every single thing she did. And you can't deny 90% of those reviews and commentaries were sexist. The industry was more anti-feminist towards LDR than LDR's music supposedly was.

I did a project regarding women in the music industry and their experiences, and Lana's early career was one of the three topics I chose. People tore her to shreds for being "inauthentic", especially when information of the Lizzy Grant days came forward.

But we all know that story, but I have never seen, or heard of, a male artist be torn to shreds like she was, for public performances, to authenticity.

Although, I've given this some thought since yesterday, if she felt like she couldn't truly make the music she wanted to since BTD and UV, does that mean that Honeymoon, Lust for Life, and Norman Fucking Rockwell are inauthentic to herself?  I read somewhere here that someone said maybe she wrote those records to appease critics, and if that is so, does it take away from the things she sang about?

I am having trouble articulating this, but it makes me challenge my perception of her last three albums, in a way.

I mean, if she changed her lyrics and such to appease critics, that's fine, and artists make songs all the time that have no meaning. And I'm not trying to reignite that authenticity thing, but it makes me wonder.

idk im having trouble putting my thoughts into this post, hopefully someone understands what i'm trying to ask/say

EDIT: maybe im looking to much into it/overthinking things

Edited by godsmonster

negAbhB.png