LDRO

Instagram Updates

While we're speaking on unnecessary things: this thread was that. Unnecessary.

You should've posted this where people are talking about it, not creating an entire thread, hun

speaking of how badly worded was lana's post: this is a perfect example

you could have said it in a nicer way just like the comments before you did

because as you see, clearly, this is my first post, and i'm still new to how the things work here, and thank you. 

"my rose garden dreams, set on fire by fiends"

Lol do you think there's much more to violet than all the pages she already posted?

I’m hoping so! I believe a little bit ago she posted one of those posts with a much of pictures and in one she was holding a book with a picture in it and it looked liked the pictures she was posting when she was talking about violet a lot. Could be the whole violet book? Looked decent size but maybe a lot of pictures.

lol my brother really just walked in and told me to turn it down bcos I do b blasting Lana's voice recording to Patent leather do-over doe

In all seriousness, I am not overlooking the mess of this all but... I love this so much. It feels so natural but also nuanced and is not basic or cliched at all. Also her voice :wub:

giphy.gif

Lol do you think there's much more to violet than all the pages she already posted?

she’s been working on it since summer 2018 so there’s probably much more since she shared 14 in total

also in this post u can see all the pages so theres so much more to it

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvbU-T_jq8_/?igshid=40okznjtsucb

It's the best thing she's released so far relating to the poetry, sounded so good and was recited very well. A whole audiobook of the poetry like this would be great :hdu: :hdu: :hdu: :hdu: :hdu:

Well said Barry  !  :)   :gclap:

I personally like these type of poetry readings with some background music. Specially if its a long story.

Reminds me of what they did a few years back with Jack Kerouak´s writings. "Kerouac - Kicks Joy Darkness" (a Spoken Word Tribute With Music)

- check it out on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kalp9xEycJtjwEJh3SjVvfeM9KWzpwLD0

Specially the "On the Road" version as read by Johnny Depp

-

i've been told that this is the right place to share my thoughts about what happend recently

i'm new here, so i didn't knew where to put it. sorry my bad

Whilst I still do stand with Lana and adore her, as an artist, and as a human being, I think that, that “controversial” post, was really tone-deaf, and unnecessary, at my first read, I was completely blown away, and I thought that she was not only bold, but also smart making a good move to promote her next album coming out this year.

But upon my rereading, and her later posts, explaining what she truly meant, and pretending that she doesn’t give a shit, I realized that, she was just speaking her mind, because she couldn’t buy this industry bullshit anymore. which came out bitter, first things first, dropping the names was super stupid, because not everybody know her, and nobody’s willing to listen to her, or even try to understand the meanings behind her words, some people will just hear about what she’s said in the news, and the news have never been on her side from the beginning, as an early fan of her, all I remember is that everything she’s said and done, was taken negatively, the news have always been harsh to her, and so are the critics, all they do is twist her words and turn them into controversial headlines.

Second thing, the way she added those singer into the narrative, she totally looked as if she was jealous of them, and this is somehow true, because Lana really cares about the charts, and success, even if she denies it. Her unreleased songs, the way she kept changing stage names, she was aiming for a huge success (didn’t she make a diss track about Lady Gaga, because she got famous before her?), anyways, she’s got her share with her debut album, with her almost poppy album Born To Die, and her glamorous 60ish Priscilla Presley look, and her depressed queen themed songs, people really were into her not because of her art, but because they thought she was cool, she was basically the Billie Eilish of that era, she was also promoting a little bit, this was a big reason why her first album was hugely successful and sold millions, she was iconic and the teenagers really loved her when adults, other artists and tabloids made fun of her, and criticized her , and by the time Ultraviolence came, she changed that persona completely, and came back with her bad girl, red nails, black hair and black leather look, which for me was more iconic, but the problem was that the music she made itself, it wasn’t really friendly, and to be honest, when I first listened to the album I was kind of disappointed, Ultraviolence is now one of my favorite records of hers, but it took so much time, because most of the songs in it, are not everyone’s cup of tea, and the lyrics were just so problematic. With the little to no promotion she did, many people that were into her just faded away, because she was no longer cool for them, then Honeymoon came out in 2015, her masterpiece, and she literally threw away the glamorous bad girl, both the look and the lyrics, she still looked and sounded elegant and vintage, but so many fans or locals considered her and the record boring and dull, then two years later, she released Lust For Life with a more happy and sophisticated style, and more poppy songs, she was trying to play the game, throwing collaborations with known singers, who don’t really match her style, but she didn’t gain any notable success, she waited another two years and released her most acclaimed record, with so much bad promoting ( the delays, and long periods between each single, the low quality of music videos, and most importantly not releasing Cinnamon girl as a single because that song despite not being my favorite had the highest potential to turn into a number one song or at least a hit song), she tried to play the game again, being a part of Don’t Call Me Angel, and campaigning for the Grammys, she really did her best, and she still lost to Billie, someone who has walked in the way Lana paved, and Billie didn’t even mention her (and it’s not a problem, she can mention whatever she wants), she just ignored her the way the industry has been doing from 10 years. And I really felt hurt, and I think that has been the case for her as well, Because I think that Lana was really canceled from the beginning, the first picture she drew, is how people think of her now, she has become a true creative artist, but when people hear her name, all they remember is (the summertime sadness girl, the depression girl, the my pussy tastes like pussy cola girl, the he hit me and it felt like a kiss girl, and the Harvey Weinstein mess too), I think she grew up so much, and she is not in the same place she was in before, and unfortunately it doesn’t matter how much she tries now, it would go forever unnoticed for people who are choosing to close their eyes.

Getting back the post, she was angry, that’s it, and she sees the whole thing from a prospective, the others see it from another, she thinks that when she sings about being sexy, strong, being naked… etc, she gets dragged, but when others do it, they get praised but from my own prospective, I see that the singers she mentioned, they make the cheap cringey songs from the same theme she mentioned, but in a strong fierce way, unlike Lana, who make great artistic songs, but in a way that makes her look as if she’s encouraging toxic relationships, abuse and so many unhealthy stuff, I mean what did she even think when she put that I wear my diamonds on skeed row line (the whole lyricism of the song turns me off), or he hit me and it felt like a kiss, or the Lolita and daddy stuff.., those lyrics and bad moments she had literally shaped her career, and she will probably never have that number one, and huge success, or top her Born To Die era again, but she still can stop this, and continue with more records and works that will show her value as a true artist, well- acclaimed ones, and she will eventually have that Grammy and leave a big mark in the industry (and she already did, so many singer are influenced by her even though they deny it).

I’m not saying what happened recently will ruin her career, she has a huge fan base despite not being a mainstream artist, but it will definitely leave a stain, the way the post was poorly written, the way she articulated it despite being a poet, and a singer mostly known for her great writing skills, it all irritates me, because the way she keeps clarifying the post, make me think that she didn’t intend to make it look that bad, but perhaps she just doesn’t know how to speak her mind when it comes to real life. And the worst of it is the names dropping, she probably thought that because she likes those singers they would stick up with her, but most of them ignored her, and the other two give her a bad feedback. Now the whole world sees her as “the white privileged racist jealous chick”, and I would have thought the exact same thing if I didn’t know her, and it doesn’t matter how much I read the post, those words only seem to make her look like if she’s dragging them. Not to mention that some of the singers she mentioned has been through what is worst. Also she didn’t need to snap on that fan, I hate it too when I see people talking about her mental health because she was depressed before, she is completely fine now, and it is annoying how so many people keep on pushing that depressed Lana narrative, but she didn’t have to respond, because it just added another mess to the whole thing.

So this last IGTV kinda confirms that the september album is the poetry one right?

The poetry book is *probably* for November so hopefully not, I doubt a publisher would allow an audiobook / album several months befor a physical release

locals only

Isn't it kind of weird how nobody asked and nobody cares?

you should have asked yourself this question before commenting here