LDRO

Instagram Updates

"Nobody gets to tell your story except for you, and that’s what I’m gonna do in the next couple books."

This part is so exciting.

Happy as the moonshine

EDIT: i’m so sorry this is far longer than i wanted it to be and it was just suppose to be a rambling thought so it might not be well written pls don’t take everything in this at 100

tbh you know what, i think she explained the point she was trying to make work and clarified the other points. i don’t think there’s much more or less than that. of course i wish she would still acknowledge these woman also do get attack but honestly do any of them actually get as attacked as lana? for her it’s every album cycle. she can never avoid it since born to die. even fantano famously made a video after his review of born to die asking “does an artists image impact the reception of their music?” and the fact he even had to make that speaks for himself. did beyoncé ever get slandered for crazy in love? did twigs get slandered for magdalene? did ariana get slandered for dangerous woman? some of them may get criticism now, or more recently for their more controversial things but for lana it’s always been constant through her career. even that asshole from the guardian still rated her album down, basically for the reason of “she is lana del rey”.

some artists literally just get slandered for being them. it’s kind of similar with gaga. i damn well know so many people that have never listened to a gaga album, but they would still be like “i don’t really like her :////“ and it’s never for their music, just their image.

i feel like maybe newer stans potentially won’t get what i mean when we say it’s literally just every album cycle with her. even when i was fourteen i remember having to defend lana for everything - she can sing live ! she’s not depressed ! this that and the other.

i mean, do you think beyoncé stans had to do thay for her first few albums? of course she gets it a lot more NOW that’s she’s more political, but lanas had it from born to die - and i think the point no ones really made is:

a lot of lanas controversy stems from born to die. even her modern controversy and image. people still think the same of her as they did ten years.

i don’t think this is applicable to all of the artists she mentioned, but she’s not 100% wrong. i think people immediately jumping on one side or the other are the problem. no, she hasn’t done nothing ignorant but she’s also not “crazy”, “dumb” or “stupid” for expressing her discontent. i don’t know why people don’t see a middle ground. when she posts it’s either “YGH SHES SO DUMB SHUT UP” or “I LOVE YOU FUCK ALL THESE PEOPLE!!!”

what she said was not racist but it was ignorant. but she also isn’t wrong about how the perceptions of “lana del rey” have affected her career.

// first and last rant off, sorry ladies. that’s just kind of my first and last full opinion on everything. also i want to emphasise the examples of woman i chose REALLY are not representative of all the woman she spoke about - i think a lot of those women she was maybe wrong to include because they never really had a “passive” side of their career, such as nicki, cardi, etc. and a lot more of the stronger and more outspoken women on the list.

anyway we’re getting a fire album i can tell.

Thanks. I think she DOES come from wealth or relative wealth—‘upper middle class wealth’ at least—but in her mind, ‘wealth’ may mean only the kind of wealth she has now, and better than that. I assume her father made most of the family money and since he had to continue to work to generate it, they weren’t ‘independently wealthy’ by any means.

Unlike a lot of members here, I also believe LDR played a big role in crafting her initial LDR persona, participating in all of those dozens, if not hundreds, of mostly high-glamour photo shoots. Some like to believe Interscope forced that all on her.

Okay, just created an account cause I have to chime in. As a 29 year old white woman myself, I have to add to the discussion some things I have not seen said yet. 

I grew up in the lower-middle class. I also grew up in generations of WASPS. I'm 99% sure Lana did too. WASP culture has its own issues, and from my observation, here are some defining characteristics:  

financially wealthy, emotionally unavailable

no communication or real relationship with family members

everything is about "image" and "success"

high chance of narcissistic issues in family members (seeing others as extensions of themselves)

looks great on the outside, typically diseased on the inside  

I say all this because, even though I agree she could have worded things WAAAAAYYYY better, when I first read her post, I saw a little glimpse of myself, someone who LOOKS like they have everything from the perspective of people from other cultures, but whose problems, though not physical/material (financial) are more emotional and psychological, and invisible.

It's not fair to assume just because she came from a wealthy family, she's automatically priviledged. You know why? Because money isn't everything. I would give up so much to have grown up poor in goods but rich in love. (And conversely, my hispanic husband grew up with tons of love, touch, support, but financially poor. )A baby will die without touch. We obviously don't know her life, and what we think we know could even be false. But we can vaguely assume it's possible that she did in fact get sent to a boarding school, did have a substance abuse problem, and did go live with her aunt & uncle afterwards, instead of her parents. She also made that mother's day twitter post which reminded me a lot of my community of trauma survivors from a toxic family. She might have been estranged from her family. I mean why was she living in NJ in a trailer park? She didn't have to. Again, we don't know, these are assumptions. It's just that nobody is giving the other side of reality to all of this drama. It's easy to see why she was attacked in today's culture, but what I believe she's trying to advocate for, without yet having the right words to do so— are people who have problems that are invisible, like neglect, abandonment, things that create cycles of codependency & self sabotage, things that she got criticized for, and things that she's trying to now say, "I want to be a voice for these women" and the fact that people made it about her being white made her feel even more invisible and invalidated. (But again that was half her fault cause... words... omg)  

On a side note in her new video she seemed really unwell, she looked like she was crying.

I really feel bad for her she doesn’t deserve this

Like imagine even in her fanbase community (AKA here) is full of shades about her (like look at these comments over here) and im pretty sure she’s checking this site, so disappointing.

:smile3:

Like imagine even in her fanbase community (AKA here) is full of shades about her (like look at these comments over here) and im pretty sure she’s checking this site, so disappointing.

Personally I'm not seeing that much shade in here? Though that could just be me. I sincerely hope she doesn't read here regularly because that wouldn't be too healthy, but this isn't a comment section, it's a discussion board.

locals only

she looks so sad and completely over it and I hate the media so much for twisting her words to THAT extent and I hate how sensitive everyone is nowadays that everything she does is gonna be turned into something it’s not just because of this stupid incident that shouldn’t have been a big deal at all. i really really hope she’s okay. yes, what she said was basically the same thing as the previous follow-up of the statement but she said that again because some people just don’t get it still. I’m glad that the fans know her good intentions but still disagree w her to some extent because that’s healthy. maybe this time those words won’t be twisted

i also thought it was kind of bad taste / air headed to casually insert the names of all her new projects in these posts !!!!!!!! the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if this is all a PR stunt haha.

i also thought it was kind of bad taste / air headed to casually insert the names of all her new projects in these posts !!!!!!!! the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if this is all a PR stunt haha.

I feel the same way about that. Just stick to the topic and don't distract!

not even just about race, but about anything in a conversation. if the other person's looking for something, they'll find it. I think more than anything, it's important to really see what's really being said. granted, the more words spoken/typed the chances of them meaning more lessen. not everything is what u want it to be summarizes this concisely. 

I think above everything, it's just real terrible that we've come to this as a society where people can just get so stuck in their hurt that it kind of hyperfocuses a lot of their perspective on it. forsure it's valid, but if ur going to stay in that mindspace and demand everyone u feel is against u, well that kind of entitlement isn't going to get you that far. if anything it'll just have people repel from being their true selves w you. that's hollow. especially if the other party wasn't even aiming to talking about that. 

we've all got our hangups and hurt, but it shouldn't be used to intentionally devalue or try to manipulate another person to submit to anything. just because a person comes from a different place etc. doesn't mean that person should automatically embody something. nurture does a lot too. everyone deserves at least a genuine chance to be heard, from a human soul perspective. their core, free of all labels.

our differences should bring us together, thru perspective and it's variety imo that we get to share. we've all got the same wants, needs, dreams, and fundamental pains of simply being human when we get to the bottom of things. we feel love and pain fundamentally as a species the same. I think society's just played out so much that we can constantly forget that, and in a way, it's dehumanizing. we're ALIVE. we should really be trying to work together and use our differences to solve problems from multiple views, not stay divided. be the difference from the statistics, the stereotypes. lead by example. 

we can't get there if we don't/ or aren't even open to trying.. 

UV/Honeymoon

Honestly I think it’s unhealthy when fan bases blindly support their artist. She’s human and she has things to learn and we all love and support her (many of us have been here for years and years) but we have to hold others accountable.

I have gold in my veins

Apparently, she unfollowed Ariana, FKA Twigs and Zendaya.

What's that about? 

I'm definitely projecting, but I could see it being a reaction— Idk if you're crazy or not, but I am lol, when I am triggered badly in my attachment trauma, I will push everyone away even if they didn't do anything, because I anticipate their rejection or am unwilling to accept they they could possibly like me. I'm probably being way too deep about it tho haha

I still love her and I believe that she has only good intentions.

But, like she said herself, "unfortunately when you have a good heart it doesn’t always shine through". 

She should have just apologized and learned from the constructive criticism.

Saying that it's all hate comments and acting like a victim even though she definitely was at fault for wording things messy, it makes me feel uneasy.

Also, it feels weird that she would be promoting her new record in an important video like this and distract from the actual content. It's just not the right time and place.

Did you guys notice how she was looking at the right side so so much? Do you think someone else was in the room with her, maybe holding up cards about all the topics she should mention? It was so noticeable after a while.

girl that’s a whole reach, i’m a psychology student, very normal for someone who’s distressed and emotional to look to the side or fidget with clothes or hair.

Why do i wake up to this once again LMFAO... Lana said it herself, she’s beating a dead horse. And for what? In her 3 follow ups she’s saying the same thing over and over, except she’s pretending like she’s the only person who has ever got criticism when in fact everyone receives harsh criticism for whatever they do, and it will always be that way. Can she just accept that and let it go?

I just watched her post about the whole race thing and I feel so bad, it's like she's gonna cry. She explained herself well though and I think she should have done that in the first place because she's good at getting her point across when she's speaking. I hope she's doing okay though

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven