LDRO

Instagram Updates

Not her comparing herself awkwardly rubbing against a pole to Twigs who is a trained dancer. And when was she called a whore for it and by whom? And since when are these other women (mostly Woc) she unnecessarily mentioned exempt from misogyny and baseless hate? The audacity and tone deafness-

I cannot agree with you comparing Lana and Fka „dancing skills” or whatever. Tropico is a from of an art and she was trying to tell us something through is. I don’t think that its fair to underestimate Lana’s work just because she wasn’t professionally dancing.

giphy.gif

Just because Lana is not a professional pole dancer that doesn't mean people have the right to call her a whore. That's what she's talking about: they were both making art, but one was extremely criticized while the other was praised. I get that Lana and Twigs were using pole dancing in very different contexts of imagery, but they were both doing it as a prop to further their art. The same goes to her rant about music: when she sings "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" people go wild and call her problematic, but when Rihanna sings "it beats me black and blue but it fucks me so good" she gets acclaim and a top 10 hit. Why?

On the other hand I find funny that Lana had the audacity to bring up Cellophane lmao babe if you want people to call your work "art" just get your lazy ass from your couch and try to put some effort in your visuals. Filming music videos with your iphone and 8mm got old years ago and it's not cute anymore.

ezgif-7-97a7903786c0.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

She has a problem being called a a whore* but didn't seem to mind calling an unknown female public figure (possibly -at the time- an underage Lorde) one in MPG is down right hypocritical.

Just shut up Lana and stop digging your grave.

*I really can't recall if this ever happened in the first place,unless she's taking her comments section into consideration. If so that completely invalidates her point BC it's just apart of life being a public figure that every female artists has to face.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Just because Lana is not a professional pole dancer that doesn't mean people have the right to call her a whore. That's what she's talking about: they were both making art, but one was extremely criticized while the other was praised. I get that Lana and Twigs were using pole dancing in very different contexts of imagery, but they were both doing it as a prop to further their art. The same goes to her rant about music: when she sings "he hit me and it felt like a kiss" people go wild and call her problematic, but when Rihanna sings "it beats me black and blue but it fucks me so good" she gets acclaim and a top 10 hit. Why?

On the other hand I find funny that Lana had the audacity to bring up Cellophane lmao babe if you want people to call your work "art" just get your lazy ass from your couch and try to put some effort in your visuals. Filming music videos with your iphone and 8mm got old years ago and it's not cute anymore.

ezgif-7-97a7903786c0.gif

Just to be clear I wasn’t at all justifying people calling her a whore. I just said i understand why people see twigs’ mv as more of an art piece than gods & monsters

I think Lana unnecessarily is playing the victim, as she doesn’t take responsibility for her actions and keeps name dropping artists. I have to agree with @@Diamond Whore, she had no problem calling Lorde a whore and basically liking a tweet about self harm too. You can’t ask for respect when you did that too. It comes off as hypocritical. She should respect others if she wants to be respected and admit that what she did was not 100% right, she will never tho.

She has a problem being called a a whore* but didn't seem to mind calling an unknown female public figure (possibly -at a time- an underage Lorde) one in MPG is down right hypocritical.

Just shut up Lana and stop digging your grave.

*I really can't recall if this ever happened in the first place,unless she's taking her comments section into consideration. If so that completely invalidates her point BC it's just apart of life being a public figure that every female artists has to face.

Exactly what i’m saying. She called others a whore, most likely an underage Lorde, and now suddenly has a problem with the issue she contributed to. Even if it wasn’t about Lorde, there’s still a large speculation that it was and lana’s never bothered to clear up.

To call her a whore is down right stupid and sexist. She is always more on the «sensuous»/ sexy side rather than the plain explicit.

See and this is one of the things so many people have criticized. How is her threatening to fuck someone the fuck up (pretentious AAve), her singing about her pussy tasting like Pepsi, and so on her being a fragile, soft woman (the kind that is already the face of feminism, but then again she’s not a feminist but also not not a feminist so who cares)? But the woc she mentioned are just singing about sex and cheating? Like just make your 50s white submissive housewive music and go. You have so much more

Success with it than most other female artists could dream of having anyway.

Just to be clear I wasn’t at all justifying people calling her a whore. I just said i understand why people see twigs’ mv as more of an art piece than gods & monsters

I get that, and I kinda agree and thats why I think she should put more effort in her visuals if she wants to be taken more seriously. But I've seen A LOT of people saying "but Twigs took pole dancing classes for 387803278427 years" yeah so what? Is Lana a whore because she danced on a pole without taking classes?

You never liked it the way I said it

If you don't get it, then forget it

So I don't have to fucking explain it

ezgif-7-97a7903786c0.gif I hope we get more of these on COCC

Omg. If this fucking mess is going to bring us something similar to Brooklyn baby then its worth it. 

giphy.gif

So does a persons technical ability determine whether they should be slut shamed for pole dancing? The hypocrisy is real. You’re now trying to say Lana’s comments about Twigs weren’t justified because Twigs is a trained dancer - thus implying that the fact Lana was deemed a whore for doing it is somewhat justifiable? These are the same people that will say sex work and pole dancing shouldn’t be slut shamed and it should be seen as an empowering thing - but obviously only when the person that does it is someone you support right? The point Lana has been making is extremely clear and it’s about the way people perceive her music/art compared to how her contemporaries art is viewed by FEMINIST WRITERS/FEMALE ALT SINGERS. Obviously each of these artists face their own criticisms but what Lana is talking about is how their songs about feeling sexually empowered are received differently to how Lana’s are by female writers. It’s really not that hard to understand. I really don’t understand how you can make this about race when Lana has not criticised any of the music of the artists she mentioned and rather how it is perceived by the media. Lana has been making songs about the same topics (sex, taking off clothes and cheating) for longer than most of the artists she mentioned in that list. The only issue I can understand people taking issue with is the fact Lana seemed to not have an appreciation for the plight they go through as WOC, and maybe that is a sidenote she should have mentioned, but she was talking about one specific aspect of how their music is perceived compared to hers, not about the criticism they face as a whole.

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

So does a persons technical ability determine whether they should be slut shamed for pole dancing? The hypocrisy is real. You’re now trying to say Lana’s comments about Twigs weren’t justified because Twigs is a trained dancer - thus implying that the fact Lana was deemed a whore for doing it is somewhat justifiable? These are the same people that will say sex work and pole dancing shouldn’t be slut shamed and it should be seen as an empowering thing - but obviously only when the person that does it is someone you support right? The point Lana has been making is extremely clear and it’s about the way people perceive her music/art compared to how her contemporaries art is viewed by FEMINIST WRITERS/FEMALE ALT SINGERS. Obviously each of these artists face their own criticisms but what Lana is talking about is how their songs about feeling sexually empowered are received differently to how Lana’s are by female writers. It’s really not that hard to understand. I really don’t understand how you can make this about race when Lana has not criticised any of the music of the artists she mentioned and rather how it is perceived by the media. Lana has been making songs about the same topics (sex, taking off clothes and cheating) for longer than most of the artists she mentioned in that list. The only issue I can understand people taking issue with is the fact Lana seemed to not have an appreciation for the plight they go through as WOC, and maybe that is a sidenote she should have mentioned, but she was talking about one specific aspect of how their music is perceived compared to hers, not about the criticism they face as a whole.

:gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:  :gclap:

Not her comparing herself awkwardly rubbing against a pole to Twigs who is a trained dancer. And when was she called a whore for it and by whom? And since when are these other women (mostly Woc) she unnecessarily mentioned exempt from misogyny and baseless hate? The audacity and tone deafness-

My guess is that the comment was made by a hater in social media, I can not virtually imagine either a magazine or music critic or anyone important calling her a hoe, while twigs became a critic's darling since day 1 (deservedly so), she too suffered way more bullying from the twilight fandom for the simple fact of being black and dating a Edward Cullen  :toofunny:

8nl2OpX.png

Period. This message gave me so much power lol.

giphy.gif