LDRO

Instagram Updates

Ugh. Her responses to this are.... :facepalm:  So Twigs being on a stripper pole is considered artistic, but when she does it people call her a whore. Like what? That's such a surface level analysis of it. While we can all agree that we knew what she was coming from from her initial post, at the end of the day, she really needs to do more research on our current culture that involves hearing someone's else's voice except her own before she addresses it. And I find it ironic that she accuses everyone of not reading and misinterpreting her words, when she's doing the same thing to the valid criticisms and responses towards her.

I can see where the anger is coming from. The hate she received in the beginning was truly bizarre. People investigating her past, hating her for her appearance, calling her stupid, fake blablabla. And writing thinkpieces about how morally superior they are to this weird bimbo. And this didn’t come from conservative middle age folk but from

cool indie kids. They really hated her and wanted her destroyed before she even got started

Maybe this is common with new artists and I don’t notice because I only stan Lana, but i can’t think of a similar case

The comparison to the other women made little sense, but her not being able to take “constructive criticism” (dislike that phrase, she is not our naughty student) might be because she gets frustrated when people think she’s had it easy

Yes! I became a fan barely post SNL. I had heard Video Games but was not as familiar as maybe some of you were back then. I didn't see that performance but read about it and the backlash. I listened to other songs got the album and became a fan. Obsessed almost. On a daily basis I would Google her name and it was astonishing the amount of articles that were written about her. Not just reviewers from music publications but scholarly types putting Lana in as the target of some cultural crossroads that needed to be examined in depth. I am not exaggerating when I say it was truly unbelievable the amount af attention she got for a person that released "1" album. I will never understand it and some day sociologists or someone will look back and unwind all the minutiae to make sense of it. BUT that was then!!! Lana to her credit, God Bless Her, didn't fold and become a one hit wonder or one hit blunder. With her own determination and our support she came through and has created an amazing and solid body of work. So, why now this whole outburst in the past few days. Easy for me to say let it go but she has lived it. Maybe the scars she got early on just won't heal. 

I have to let go actually! Sorry for my outburst. (I will be releasing a poem shortly) :)

I don't have any proof but I'm 85% sure that she did followed her on insta

as i said i tried looking that up and i couldn't find one single update account talking about that and they're usually quick with those "bigger" acts she follows (and i did find them talking about her following her twitter which she still does) so it's all a bit confusing

i76mrxw.png 

I honestly think Lana's original point is REALLY interesting and REALLY complex - where's the line between asking women to be responsible with their output and then asking them to edit their truth? men aren't asked to be responsible. men aren't asked to edit their truth. That is a genuinely complex and nuanced question. But her point became moot when she used those those WOCs names as if to suggest they haven't recieved far worse critisism than Lana has ever or will ever recieve.

there could have been a really interseting conversation that came from her post if she hadn't executed it the way she did. the hate she recieved from mostly women at the start of her career WAS notably vicious and i think hurt her immeasurably to not be taken seriously and to be accused of fabricating her authenticity.

I have gold in my veins

Yes! I became a fan barely post SNL. I had heard Video Games but was not as familiar as maybe some of you were back then. I didn't see that performance but read about it and the backlash. I listened to other songs got the album and became a fan. Obsessed almost. On a daily basis I would Google her name and it was astonishing the amount of articles that were written about her. Not just reviewers from music publications but scholarly types putting Lana in as the target of some cultural crossroads that needed to be examined in depth. I am not exaggerating when I say it was truly unbelievable the amount af attention she got for a person that released "1" album. I will never understand it and some day sociologists or someone will look back and unwind all the minutiae to make sense of it. BUT that was then!!! Lana to her credit, God Bless Her, didn't fold and become a one hit wonder or one hit blunder. With her own determination and our support she came through and has created an amazing and solid body of work. So, why now this whole outburst in the past few days. Easy for me to say let it go but she has lived it. Maybe the scars she got early on just won't heal. 

I have to let go actually! Sorry for my outburst. (I will be releasing a poem shortly) :)

A debut pop album having such an impact!! Her mind. A relatively unknown woman writing songs about her life and fantasies awakening so much emotion and obsession. Weird

:illumilana2:  :pray2:  :lanahottie:  :suicide:  :lanahairflip4:

But Lana didn't name Twigs as her opposite. She named the media's reactions to their art as opposite.

...But that defeats her whole point to say “delicate” women aren’t accepted in feminism? They either are or aren’t. Lana just thinks she’s the only one who faces criticism

Also kinda off topic but to anyone who studies or knows body language, why does Lana keep running her hands through those strands at the front of her hair lmao? Is she nervous? I do that when i’m nervous also.

...But that defeats her whole point to say “delicate” women aren’t accepted in feminism? They either are or aren’t. Lana just thinks she’s the only one who faces criticism

because the point lana is/was trying to make is/was like 5 different things that she's kinda mashed together and then started talking about something new yet again when she made that second post and video as a follow-up to that mess eWRQI.gif

as people have said she really needs to let these things run through some sort of editing room or team before putting them out because she's been serving clunky delivery and messy thoughts which doesn't help her in this case at all and that "messy" stupidity and ignorance doesn't take away any responsibility from her (many) statements we've got in these past 4 days which have all spiraled away from the initial thoughts/or emotions (i guess) she was trying to put across.

and yet here i am still shocked at her not understanding this after all we've been through and yet making the same mistake again

i76mrxw.png 

I honestly think Lana's original point is REALLY interesting and REALLY complex - where's the line between asking women to be responsible with their output and then asking them to edit their truth? men aren't asked to be responsible. men aren't asked to edit their truth. That is a genuinely complex and nuanced question. But her point became moot when she used those those WOCs names as if to suggest they haven't recieved far worse critisism than Lana has ever or will ever recieve.

there could have been a really interseting conversation that came from her post if she hadn't executed it the way she did. the hate she recieved from mostly women at the start of her career WAS notably vicious and i think hurt her immeasurably to not be taken seriously and to be accused of fabricating her authenticity.

this is it for me. i cannot deny lana had a real point to her post, but in the convos ive had with people outside of this forum i feel like i have to pretend that she didnt make a point about internalized misogny (twofold, perhaps). but theres simply no way to convince the whiners on twitter. most of them made up their mind about lana a long time ago anyways. it's a shame to see her lose casual listeners through this debacle though

tenor.gif?itemid=26222673

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩ Life is just a bubble and it's filled with air ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

everytime this thread updates I think maybe she's posted again  :teehee:  :oic2:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole