LDRO

Instagram Updates

Just read this...some food for thought lol https://twitter.com/yy___xy/status/1264879777933963265?s=21

i think that her bringing up twigs for for an entirely separate point lana was trying to make. twigs is not an example of what lana was saying in the first rant, but she's an example of the point that she made of lana being labelled a "whore".

again as lana brings up more people, people think it's immediately an attack. it wasn't an attack. when twigs gets on a pole people call it art, because it's art. when lana gets on the pole, people call her a whore, because she's a whore? that's not correct. if nicki gets on the pole is she a whore? beyonce? sia? dua lipa? marina? rihanna? gaga?

it goes back to lana's point she's describing extremely poorly - she is a "whore" because she is lana del rey. she is "depressed" because she is lana del rey. she is "dumb" because she is lana del rey. she is "anti-feminist" because she is lana del rey. she is this and that and the other.

this never happens in the commentary for these other women. critics don't make stories about twigs to build a fake presumed persona and then use that as a weapon. critics don't make stories about beyonce to build a fake persumed person and then use that as a weapon. critics don't make stories about ariana to build a fake presumed person and then use that as a weapon in reviews to drag her down.

"lana del rey" is a label to describe her as much as "beyonce" is a label to describe beyonce. i think that's the best comparison i can make. when something is compared to beyonce's name, its a compliment, but in reviews about lana's work when they use her own name to describe her work it's an insult because of these pre-conceived notions of her.

the point is less about twigs not being art and more about lana being a "whore".

i think that her bringing up twigs for for an entirely separate point lana was trying to make. twigs is not an example of what lana was saying in the first rant, but she's an example of the point that she made of lana being labelled a "whore".

again as lana brings up more people, people think it's immediately an attack. it wasn't an attack. when twigs gets on a pole people call it art, because it's art. when lana gets on the pole, people call her a whore, because she's a whore? that's not correct. if nicki gets on the pole is she a whore? beyonce? sia? dua lipa? marina? rihanna? gaga?

it goes back to lana's point she's describing extremely poorly - she is a "whore" because she is lana del rey. she is "depressed" because she is lana del rey. she is "dumb" because she is lana del rey. she is "anti-feminist" because she is lana del rey. she is this and that and the other.

this never happens in the commentary for these other women. critics don't make stories about twigs to build a fake presumed persona and then use that as a weapon. critics don't make stories about beyonce to build a fake persumed person and then use that as a weapon. critics don't make stories about ariana to build a fake presumed person and then use that as a weapon in reviews to drag her down.

"lana del rey" is a label to describe her as much as "beyonce" is a label to describe beyonce. i think that's the best comparison i can make. when something is compared to beyonce's name, its a compliment, but in reviews about lana's work when they use her own name to describe her work it's an insult because of these pre-conceived notions of her.

the point is less about twigs not being art and more about lana being a "whore".

Another main thing others & myself have brought up too is when any critic called her a whore? I don’t recall that at all,, does she mean comments by people on youtube? If you do know of a critic who called her a whore though i’d be grateful if you sent me the links we

Another main thing others & myself have brought up too is when any critic called her a whore? I don’t recall that at all,, does she mean comments by people on youtube? If you do know of a critic who called her a whore though i’d be grateful if you sent me the links we

i'm sure she's definitely been called a whore. what woman hasn't. there's probably something she's aware of that spawned that comment, whether it was a review or a statement or a comment or something someone said to her. i'm sure she wouldn't pull that out of nowhere.

also i just looked this up, and this is kind of an awful takeaway from the ride music video:

https://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/lana-del-rey-ride/

and a very good point to "she's a whore as part of her persona" as a literal headline.

https://www.afarinmajidi.com/blog/2019/4/4/why-is-everyone-pretending-that-lana-del-rey-and-harvey-weinstein-didnt-fuck

"he’s not so much a femme fatale as she is a self-conscious corporate whore who makes a killing with her slutty image in a slut-shaming world. She’s a gorgeous paradox!"

what the fuck is that comment? jesus.

there's probably more. every woman gets called a whore at some point.

FKA Twigs is trending on Twitter now. Lord.

the way not even her releasing / announcing music makes people tweet as much about her than this 

lana really knows how to bring up topics and stir debates nobody thought they'd be having in these past few days 

the sheer incompetence of her to just stop talking for once

i76mrxw.png 

because the point lana is/was trying to make is/was like 5 different things that she's kinda mashed together and then started talking about something new yet again when she made that second post and video as a follow-up to that mess eWRQI.gif  as people have said she really needs to let these things run through some sort of editing room or team before putting them out because she's been serving clunky delivery and messy thoughts which doesn't help her in this case at all and that "messy" stupidity and ignorance doesn't take away any responsibility from her (many) statements we've got in these past 4 days which have all spiraled away from the initial thoughts/or emotions (i guess) she was trying to put across. and yet here i am still shocked at her not understanding this after all we've been through and yet making the same mistake again

Running things thru some pr team would (perhaps) be better for her career. But I get the feeling she would rather be misunderstood or disagreed with than have her words edited and I think that shows integrity. And making more (albeit messy) posts trying to explain herself rather than having her managers clean it up for her is imo taking responsibility for what she’s saying

:illumilana2:  :pray2:  :lanahottie:  :suicide:  :lanahairflip4:

Also kinda off topic but to anyone who studies or knows body language, why does Lana keep running her hands through those strands at the front of her hair lmao? Is she nervous? I do that when i’m nervous also.

I do not (study body language) but I thought it might be that she was subconsciously trying to put a barrier between herself and the viewer because she felt so vulnerable. She kept pulling them in front of her face. 

I could be completely wrong, but the thought popped into my head as I was watching. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Running things thru some pr team would (perhaps) be better for her career. But I get the feeling she would rather be misunderstood or disagreed with than have her words edited and I think that shows integrity. And making more (albeit messy) posts trying to explain herself rather than having her managers clean it up for her is imo taking responsibility for what she’s saying

i keep seeing this but it makes little sense to me in regard to the fact that most of us lana stans agree on how the actual message she wanted to put across was completely overshadowed by a misfortune not well thought out chapter that made some people think she was trying to bring down other successful female artist to put her point across and victimise herself as the only victim of today's critique on alt female artist and that she had no space in feminism next to these powerful (poc) women.

if her original emotions and thoughts aren't conveyed well enough for people to understand what she's trying to say and other side-bits of the message (like the name dropping) and incoherent bullet points she made within the text completely derail the point she was trying to make it doesn't show integrity it just shows that nobody actually listened to what she wanted to communicate through her note but rather focused on a lot of other things that could have been implied within her text. 

a team helping her edit, write and spell out these thoughts would prevent that from happening because she'd actually get her point across without having to deal with this entire reaction that she did not mean to cause with her first original text she's posted.

this wouldn't save her from all criticism ever but it would definitely help to prevent unnecessary drama which this entire thing definitely is!! 

and it wouldn't take away an ounce of her identity 

i76mrxw.png 

damn twitter is hateful. im nervous for her to see yet another horrible reaction to yet another post she makes trying as best as she can to explain herself

I agree. She looked like she was crying in the video she posted. She is clearly v upset about it and I think we can all agree she has a lot of feelings and emotions (she is a cancer after all) and she is sensitive/delicate. Hopefully she will realize that she is never going to win with some people and just leave it alone.

i keep seeing this but it makes little sense to me in regard to the fact that most of us lana stans agree on how the actual message she wanted to put across was completely overshadowed by a misfortune not well thought out chapter that made some people think she was trying to bring down other successful female artist to put her point across and victimise herself as the only victim of today's critique on alt female artist and that she had no space in feminism next to these powerful (poc) women.

if her original emotions and thoughts aren't conveyed well enough for people to understand what she's trying to say and other side-bits of the message (like the name dropping) and incoherent bullet points she made within the text completely derail the point she was trying to make it doesn't show integrity it just shows that nobody actually listened to what she wanted to communicate through her note but rather focused on a lot of other things that could have been implied within her text.

a team helping her edit, write and spell out these thoughts would prevent that from happening because she'd actually get her point across without having to deal with this entire reaction that she did not mean to cause with her first original text she's posted.

this wouldn't save her from all criticism ever but it would definitely help to prevent unnecessary drama which this entire thing definitely is!!

and it wouldn't take away an ounce of her identity

O come on! Wouldnt you rather be allowed to hear someone’s true opinion (even if it’s provocative or stupid or makes no sense) than something designed to not offend? If she had people help her with her letter, it should be signed with their names too right? Nothing wrong with that, why should she take the credit if everyone loves it? If you’re more interested in her pr-teams opinions, why not go to them directly?

I see what you’re saying and I’m not *actually* that against PR-people, but I think not having PR-people is way cooler

Edit: in a way it’s unnecessary drama, in another way I’ve actually seen pretty interesting discussions (like in this thread) and very different perspectives and maybe learned a thing or two....not saying it was worth it but you know...avoiding drama isn’t everything

:illumilana2:  :pray2:  :lanahottie:  :suicide:  :lanahairflip4:

it’s said because i feel the instagram video was a better explanation of things but people are just looking at the 9 second video of her mentioning twigs without watching the whole thing and are missing her point again

it’s said because i feel the instagram video was a better explanation of things but people are just looking at the 9 second video of her mentioning twigs without watching the whole thing and are missing her point again

It's almost as if people just like having drama and something to argue about.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Also kinda off topic but to anyone who studies or knows body language, why does Lana keep running her hands through those strands at the front of her hair lmao? Is she nervous? I do that when i’m nervous also.

i think she was looking at a mirror to her right over and over