LDRO

Instagram Updates

Hi all, quite a holiday weekend. I spent way too much time on here but it was kind of fun. Time for sleep and back to work tomorrow. Hopefully Lana will sleep tight tonight and not post so maybe I can get some work done. 

I was at this show and this is a great video. She could have just said this.

https://youtu.be/T4CJRFbAdv0?t=199

Well :(

I think for a lot of people who was following her for more than 8 years understands that at some point the fact that she is an rich American would be a big problem.

Is being rich a problem?
For me YES. As long as there are countries in misery, while America is generating war in other countries and exploiting natural resources, while Americans think they deserve the best life in the world and fuck other countriess... Yes, there is a problem. (The problem of the world is not America, its the CAPITALISM, countries trying to be the great world economic power)

Is she to blame? No, and I bet she couldn't do something for it. 

At the same time, it show how she deals with it. She's doing her best but is not enough, and never will be for some people who think about rich people like me. 

Sometimes is better don't say nothing about your feelings for injustice, because theres more big injustice then having your work criticized.
It was not the time to think about it, especially right now, in the middle of a global pandemic.

I feel BAD for her, in a way that I already felt yet (I had already put she's into that box of someone who have privileges), but she never gave reasons to a lot of people like she's doing now.

The world is changing... Maybe I will never give up of her, maybe I will. I want the best for her and I know that I can't help her.

But Lorde has been MIA. For a looong time. I forget she even made an album after heroine, tbqh

Right, so I don't think it's a coincidence that, a day after Lorde comes out of a 3-year hibernation, Lanz drops that post. 

Maybe she means Kim too, but Kim is pretty irrelevant whereas Lorde is not. On the day she sent the newsletter email, she trended in multiple countries all day long. I can imagine Lanz being prickly about it. She probably hears about Lorde more than she'd like because she works with Jack, too. 

Only Lanz knows, though. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Right, so I don't think it's a coincidence that, a day after Lorde comes out of a 3-year hibernation, Lanz drops that post. 

Maybe she means Kim too, but Kim is pretty irrelevant whereas Lorde is not. On the day she sent the newsletter email, she trended in multiple countries all day long. I can imagine Lanz being prickly about it. She probably hears about Lorde more than she'd like because she works with Jack, too. 

Only Lanz knows, though. 

It might be a mixture. I suggest Kim because her statement is crazeeee and Lana does seem to be one for harbouring grudges. I reckon she still vividly remembers what Lorde said too, so Lorde announcing new material and her doin the picture on the same day could be a wacky powerplay also.

3lfQEhw.png

I'm sure she gets a lot of shit from the alt girls because Lana is what they wish to be

must feel good for them to have "legit" reasons to hate on her

Halsey I would assume Lana is referring to as an "alt" girl, although shes more of a wannabe. I mean Halsey did date her ex right after her lmao

Halsey and Lorde both were heavily influenced and inspired by Lanas music, then turn around doing shady shit to her 

idk bout Clairo, idk if Lana even pays her any mind or knows about her

Billie mentions Lana being a major inspo of hers, idk what shady stuff shes done, if she even did anything

Lana is truly iconic and legendary. Its not something anyone could be, but something everybody wishes for 

Omg if only she had mentioned lorde, halsey and billie ...

Halsey's biracial I think, so I don't think mentioning Halsey would've changed anything

I'm sure she gets a lot of shit from the alt girls because Lana is what they wish to be

must feel good for them to have "legit" reasons to hate on her

Halsey I would assume Lana is referring to as an "alt" girl, although shes more of a wannabe. I mean Halsey did date her ex right after her lmao

Halsey and Lorde both were heavily influenced and inspired by Lanas music, then turn around doing shady shit to her 

idk bout Clairo, idk if Lana even pays her any mind or knows about her

Billie mentions Lana being a major inspo of hers, idk what shady stuff shes done, if she even did anything

Lana is truly iconic and legendary. Its not something anyone could be, but something everybody wishes for 

I'm not saying that anyone is obligated to comment, but it's an interesting observation that barely any other artists or friends have been supportive of Lanz's posts. The exceptions I have seen are Cat Power, Courtney, and Weyes Blood. Maybe she's getting support privately, but it really didn't sound like it in that video.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I think part of LDR's problem is that she's a genuine spiritual seeker, and yet at present she's relying on 'gurus' like Marianne Williamson, who is a sincere and well-intentioned individual, but who, in my opinion, is vacuous and empty of real insight except for New Age-y "love is the answer" and "Love will defeat Donald Trump in the next election!" sort of nonsense that manipulates the emotions of seekers in moments of weakness and confusion. You don’t get far if your spiritual beliefs boil down to ‘karma is a bitch,’ ‘everything happens for a reason,’ ‘everyone has a soulmate,’ etc.

Look up Williamson's history or Wikipedia entry, it's all New Age channeling BS, though her politics are liberal and so no doubt appeal to LDR in this period of her life.

'Answers' are not readily forthcoming, it takes time and maturity to find meaning in life for many or most, and I'm glad LDR is on that path. Therefore, her belief and/or support of Williamson right now is not necessarily a bad thing in my eyes, as one step on the path towards genuine 'enlightenment' of some kind.

I do wish LDR would read Carl Jung, especially his autobiography, 'Memories, Dreams, Reflections,' and since she's mentioned that she's read the 1992 book, Women Who Run with the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Jungian analyst Clarissa Pinkola Estes, I feel that book and others like it may lead her to Jung's sometimes admittedly-difficult work.

​Reading the lives of Vita Sackville-West and of the American poet and mystic Hilda Doolittle, who wrote under the initials H.D., would also be helpful to her, I think, as well as Camile Paglia's first three books and some classic Buddhist texts.

Okay, you are my people. I could talk all day about all this, as a "seeker" / thinker type musician myself. I LOOOOVE Jung. She would DEFINITELY benefit from shadow self work. And I hate the new age movement for the reasons you mentioned, it takes well intentioned, deep people and it placates them with shallow fantasy.

I really think Halsey hires a black man to be her father... lol she wants to be unique so bad

You havent met many mixed race people then

Halseys just white passing

Most black people in america have white blood due to rape during slavery so, if her dad has a considerable amount of white blood its why she looks this way. she couldve absorbed all his white DNA, alongside her moms making her more white than black. shes deff not 50black-50white. if she had a blood test she deff has more white blood. her dad looks mixed race. also her nose shape is deff black. cute lil button nose.

I'm not saying that anyone is obligated to comment, but it's an interesting observation that barely any other artists or friends have been supportive of Lanz's posts. The exceptions I have seen are Cat Power, Courtney, and Weyes Blood. Maybe she's getting support privately, but it really didn't sound like it in that video.

I have seen singer Grace Carter (a woc) liking all her posts, Haley Bonar. Jack Antonoff, Zella Day 

but yeah I wonder if people have talked to her personally 

Madonna and Billie Eilish as well.

Halsey's biracial I think, so I don't think mentioning Halsey would've changed anything

she whitepassing tho, so she doesnt deal with the same struggles as someone like nicki minaj who obviously is black does lmao

no one would know halsey is black unless she says so, cause then u begin to look at her and see it 

Madonna and Billie Eilish as well.

WHERE DID BILLIE SUPPORT IT

Yes! I became a fan barely post SNL. I had heard Video Games but was not as familiar as maybe some of you were back then. I didn't see that performance but read about it and the backlash. I listened to other songs got the album and became a fan. Obsessed almost. On a daily basis I would Google her name and it was astonishing the amount of articles that were written about her. Not just reviewers from music publications but scholarly types putting Lana in as the target of some cultural crossroads that needed to be examined in depth. I am not exaggerating when I say it was truly unbelievable the amount af attention she got for a person that released "1" album. I will never understand it and some day sociologists or someone will look back and unwind all the minutiae to make sense of it. BUT that was then!!! Lana to her credit, God Bless Her, didn't fold and become a one hit wonder or one hit blunder. With her own determination and our support she came through and has created an amazing and solid body of work. So, why now this whole outburst in the past few days. Easy for me to say let it go but she has lived it. Maybe the scars she got early on just won't heal. 

I have to let go actually! Sorry for my outburst. (I will be releasing a poem shortly) :)

she didn't start gaining mainstream respect until honeymoon, which is why the first line of that album... "We both know it's not fashionable to love me." also, high by the beach- "the truth is i never bought into your bullshit, when you would pay tribute to me" (God i hate that grammar) she's def talking about/to the media

she whitepassing tho, so she doesnt deal with the same struggles as someone like nicki minaj who obviously is black does lmao

no one would know halsey is black unless she says so, cause then u begin to look at her and see it 

WHERE DID BILLIE SUPPORT IT

Billie liked the "#fuckyou" post.

When she first burst on the scene as LDR, she sometimes projected a superior, arrogant attitude, which doesn't fly easily in these times, and that, combined with her beauty and talent made a lot of weasels--thousands of them--go after her. The subtext of everything they wrote was, "How DARE she? How dare she be who she thinks she is, not common and down in the mud like the rest of us, kissing ass and sucking up to get along?" Well, she did dare, and millions of soon-to-be-or-become fans loved it. LDR made millions.

The weasels went nuts: "why do we have to tolerate this ***** who thinks she's superior and who's daddy bought her a career and a record contract?" 

But she certainly heard the attacks early, and unfortunately started mitigating everything, including her image, her approach, her songwriting, and, sadly, apparently, her politics. In fact, over her next several albums, culminating in NRF, she bent over backwards trying to appease and fit in with the general dominant 'cancel' culture, but of course, for individuals like Anne Powers, nothing is enough unless you adhere strictly and totally to Powers' specific brand of feminism.   

Personally, I wish LDR had never given in, never mitigated anything, and simply "considered the source" of the type of envious, trollish and sometimes controlling and fascistic people going after her. She should have laughed in their sad, jealous faces, like the 21st century Helen of Troy of pop music. That's what Brigit Bardot would have done, what Sophia Loren would have done, what Charlotte Rampling would have done. 

I can't believe I found a Lana fan who just said what I've been saying for years. 

I can't believe I found a Lana fan who just said what I've been saying for years. Which is why I commented on her IG, "stop trying to fit in when you were born to stand out."

Lana expressing her true self is a once in a lifetime performance and everybody wants to watch it  :diva: