LDRO

Instagram Updates

The fact that some of you think that what a minority of people MAY believe if Lana posts about George Floyd is a valid excuse for her not to is sad.  Who tf cares what people think. The point is sharing on your platform how to donate, what the BLM is about, etc. etc.  That's what being an ALLY is. And if she is kissing ass then at least some good will come out of it.  She had no problem doubling down making numerous unedited posts that weren't even thought through when it was an issue pertaining to her. 

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500

Joining the chorus of those saying her silence is reprehensible. It doesn't matter that some will criticize her for the timing - she should use her platform for good, particularly after just having been romantically linked to a police officer accused of discrimination. 

If she does end up posting anything on the matter it will come across as absolutely fake and damage control because that’s exactly what it would be. Y’all know damn well that even if the recent controversy hadn’t happened she wouldn’t have spoken out, just like she has never spoken out on behalf of the black community before.

People will dig up her comments about how “some cops are good” and how her pig ex bf saw “both sides of things.” She should just stay off social media for a while. I don’t think ppl care to hear her opinion ab this rn lol.

I don’t really feel like she has to post anything at all besides maybe a donation link or something like that. Unfortunately we all have already seen the video we know what happened. What is she going to ad that hasn’t already been said by people why more well known than her.

how come I can really see her posting a typewritten note saying something like "as disgusted as I am from these tumultuous events, I still see the good in people and the cops, and the riots cause more damage than good xx" as much as I love Lana and her music, I've been really turned off by her actions recently and won't be surprised if she's silent or posts yet another polarizing piece 

sgopYhV.gif

i don't understand the ones saying she shouldn't RAISE AWARENESS on POLICE BRUTALITY bc they're afraid a few trolls are gonna send her hate :rip: :rip: :rip:

innocent people are literally getting MURDERED pls??? wtf are y'all on!!!

And what would her tweeting about it change? It's the talk of the town already, everybody knows about it.

People who want her to tweet are so dumb. Because if she posts, that is the problem because you just know there will be some nitpick about what she says. And if she doesn't post then she is a bad person. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Joining the chorus of those saying her silence is reprehensible. It doesn't matter that some will criticize her for the timing - she should use her platform for good, particularly after just having been romantically linked to a police officer accused of discrimination. 

That's exactly why she won't say anything :rip:

But she should at least post donation or petition links...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

As I just mentioned in a user's status, I think that regardless of what she does, people will still say something negative about her. If she does speak up, they'll attack her and probably call her a hypocrite. If she doesn't, they'll still say shit.

I think it's up to Lana to really dig deep and ask herself if she really cares enough about the lives of black people and speak up and bring awareness regardless of the criticism she'll be met with. Will she? Who knows. But I hope she does. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think Lana should post a donation link and nothing else. If she said anything else she would just sound like she’s virtue signaling. Lana isn’t the only artist I like that isn’t posting about this. I already know what happened I’ve been keeping up with it. So when I see she hasn’t said anything I just don’t care. Anyone who still thinks her original post was about race is a bird so I’m not surprised that they’re mad.

there is no reason for her to post about this on social media. besides what has been outlined above, these endless posts on social media about such topics can be detrimental to mental health of people directly impacted, and can end up desensitizing others to such atrocities. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

did SZA mention Lana on twitter? i saw something like that in the lanaboards status updates

kN0U5P8.png

The tweet she originally replied to mentioned lana's name but i forgot what it said, it was there in the morning :/

girl bye  :bye:

Sorry I’m adult who doesn’t need my opinions validated by celebs lol. I mean I read what tswift said about this and rolled my eyes into the back of my head. Do you think Lana would say something better. These liberal white ladies have nothing of value to say. Post a donation link or nothing.

Sorry I’m adult who doesn’t need my opinions validated by celebs lol. I mean I read what tswift said about this and rolled my eyes into the back of my head. Do you think Lana would say something better. These liberal white ladies have nothing of value to say. Post a donation link or nothing.

This isn't about having opinions validated, it's about bringing awareness to a horrendous act that took the life of an innocent man. Sure, celebrities don't have to post about it, but I sure would question them if they didn't, especially if these celebrities never hesitate to promote their music any time of day.

Is it not our job as human beings to actually give a shit about another person's life and bring awareness to a platform filled with millions of followers? It's more than just a donation link. Donation links don't challenge people's minds - words do.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Her silence is her privilege. It has nothing to do with reputation because if you were outraged enough and desperate enough to ensure that accurate information is being spread as far as possible you would try and help.  

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500