LDRO

Instagram Updates

idk about you guys but I’ve lost a lot of respect for LDR today...she’s so aware of everything and she still hasn’t said a word. she was active last night on ig and she couldn’t even bring herself to post anything regarding the black lives matter movement. insensitive and disgusting behaviour on her behalf. i hope she AT LEAST reposts a link for a petition

To be fair - at this point anyone knows about it. Why should she post about it if she has nothing to add to the subject?

why talk about black reparations in the video or even make a post about how not racist you are when you're not even going to speak up about racial injustices? 

Ariana unfollowed Lana (and Taylor, Camila/Shawn, Kylie).

she unfollowed sky ferreira too  :ohno:

Ariana unfollowed Lana (and Taylor, Camila/Shawn, Kylie).

whyd she unfollow all of them? i was gonna guess maybe they didnt speak on BLM but kylie did soo

I love how loud and consistent Ari is being rn posting about BLM, shes probs the most famous female artist rn n shes using her popularity n power for good. Love it

You all should stop expecting anything serious or interesting regarding social justice from millionaires and real estate entrepreneurs. There's a reason why Lana Del Rey and Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande and whomever have big fat mansions while every big urban center in the world has been experiencing riots for the past few years. For all I love her Grant fantaisies about trailer parks and pink flamingos (whether or not that part of her story is true, the sentiment is real) and how much she's grown as a person and artist, I don't really care for her opinion on these material issues because I know where her insensitivity to it comes from. I honestly feel on the fence about celebrities' voices. Like yeah representation and using your fame as a chamber echoe for unheard voices is great ; but there's not much more to it and there should certainly not be ! For following advice draped in corporate imagery of celebs IG story is exactly what keeps you home alone with your pain !

You all should stop expecting anything serious or interesting regarding social justice from millionaires and real estate entrepreneurs

at this point i'm disappointed but not surprised. I can't recall lana ever speaking out against racial injustice other than supporting native american charities. doubting she'd change now, especially with her recent ig posts  

sgopYhV.gif

As I just mentioned in a user's status, I think that regardless of what she does, people will still say something negative about her. If she does speak up, they'll attack her and probably call her a hypocrite. If she doesn't, they'll still say shit.

I think it's up to Lana to really dig deep and ask herself if she really cares enough about the lives of black people and speak up and bring awareness regardless of the criticism she'll be met with. Will she? Who knows. But I hope she does. 

True. Lana isn’t the only example of this tbh. Just saw Taylor’s tweet where people say that they won’t ever but a ticket for a concert again, call her a clown etc. etc. etc. There’s never going to be a World with good comments only. 

giphy.gif

Lana is really screwed either way.

Like being silent on BLM and George Floyd is not a good look, but after the controversy last week if she started posting BLM & petition links, it would seem disingenuous. 

She honestly should just deactivate social media until she starts releasing music from COCC

I think Lana's silence is probably because if she does speak up about George Floyd, people are gonna be like "didn't you invalidate black women in your post?" etc. 

But overall it's still strange imo. She was quick to call out Kayne, Azealia, because it benefited her at the time to do so. Also let's not forget Lana literally dated a cop, who was guilty of racial profiling.

If she speaks up, shell get shit for it. If she says nothing, shell get shit for it. So she might as well speak up about BLM cause doing SOMETHING and raising awarness and support is still powerful, even if people accuse her of being fake. Way better than doing nothing.

If she speaks up, shell get shit for it. If she says nothing, shell get shit for it. So she might as well speak up about BLM cause doing SOMETHING and raising awarness and support is still powerful, even if people accuse her of being fake. Way better than doing nothing.

THANK YOU! I truly don't know why is so hard for people to understand the importance of this.

8nl2OpX.png

Lana is really screwed either way.

Like being silent on BLM and George Floyd is not a good look, but after the controversy last week if she started posting BLM & petition links, it would seem disingenuous. 

She honestly should just deactivate social media until she starts releasing music from COCC

she is, but if she says nothing, then she looks really bad bc it raises all sorts of questions: is she not posting anything bc she's just afraid of more backlash AKA she cares more abt her own feelings/reputation than abt police brutality & the state sanctioned murder of yet another black man? OR does she only care abt injustices when they directly affect her, and in those cases she's evidently not afraid of doubling down on her own controversial opinions? OR does she just not care bc what's happening is so remote to her & her white bougie lifestyle? OR is she taking a page out of the taylor swift book (the outdated one, bc even taylor's changed her ways) & decided to remain "neutral" and apolitical to not risk alienating potential listeners? OR, even worse, is she a "both sides" #alllivesmater type who's afraid of offending some sensibilities, namely those of her cop ex-bf & maybe other people they/she hung out with?

so as you see, staying silent is BY FAR the worst decision she could make rn.

To be fair - at this point anyone knows about it. Why should she post about it if she has nothing to add to the subject?

Because her showing she actively cares about this situation demonstrates to her fans that it is a cause worth caring for in general. Plenty of her fans idolize her, and her speaking up could turn someone who knows what's going on but isn't really paying attention or doing anything about it into another signature on a petition, another dollar donated, and another voice to continue the cycle.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I've really lost my respect for L and I'm disappointed to say the least. She always has time to promote the Hawaii moms but she can't post about millions of people's lives? Also yes she'd get some backlash, but raising awareness would worth it. For those who don't know  how important this is let me tell you: I live in a country where %0,001 of the population is black, so we don't have racism towards black. But we do have racism against some races. With this BLM action in America a lot of people in my country saw how disgusting racism is, that way maybe it could even help our problems too (i hope that makes sense). Anyways what I'm saying is raising awareness is necessary and L has no apologia for not doing that.

I've really lost my respect for L and I'm disappointed to say the least. She always has time to promote the Hawaii moms but she can't post about millions of people's lives? Also yes she'd get some backlash, but raising awareness would worth it. For those who don't know  how important this is let me tell you: I live in a country where %0,001 of the population is black, so we don't have racism towards black. But we do have racism against some races. With this action BLM action in America a lot of people saw how disgusting racism is, and maybe it could even help our problems too (i hope that makes sense). Anyways what I'm saying is raising awareness is necessary and L has no apologia for that. 

What country are you from ?

-