LDRO

Instagram Updates

Also, it feels like she’s been trying to be more aware of the world around her since she dropped LFL (When the world was at war, the Trump hexing, Looking for America), I actually expect her to say or do something this time. If she’s staying silent because she doesn’t want to look too involved in politics, well... Today is not the day to stay silent.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

It's complicated...

Would it be good if she talked about it? Would be great! But after what happened in the past few days, due to her posts, I would understand if she made an anonymous donation and stayed away from Instagram, to avoid any misunderstanding.

I don't think now would be a good time for her to speak, because people just didn't hear her anyway...

In addition to the causes associated with artistic projects, such as donations collected with "Looking For America" ​​and the issue of indigenous peoples, I don't remember seeing her post something about other causes on her social media (Which does not prevent her from supporting them anonymously).

I hope she can use her platform for this in the future... If she wants to, of course.

giphy.gif

Of course I don’t know what she’s doing or not doing. If she has donated or signed a petition, great. But I don’t think it would hurt to let her fans know that she has done something to help the BLM movement, the worst thing that could happen would be that people wouldn’t believe her after last week, but honestly, that shouldn’t bother her if she knows she’s done something to help.

Like others pointed out already, she can take time to make multiple posts explaining her “question for the culture” message, promote stores and send DMs to Instagram moms... Why can’t she take a minute to, say, I don’t know, post a BLM picture and a link to petitions or donations in the caption? It’s the least she can do.

there are millions of things that are ''the least she can do'' every week then

This is neither praise nor criticism but, I don't know how much she follows current events? Her recent posts were very much about what's going on with her, not part of the national dialogue. In fact, I've been wondering if she has a new therapist or guru or someone like that with whom she's been discussing her childhood (the Patty stuff) and old trauma (her career a decade ago), since she's posting a lot about things that--to an outsider--seem long since over.

She's probably aware of headlines in the news, but she seems pretty deep in her feelings right now. So I'd be surprised if she spoke out.  :sadcore3:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

She should post this video on her twitter, not enough people know about this

Powerful speech but many very relevant things true till now.

Guys it's extremely over the top to spend pages and pages ranting about a celebrity not issuing a statement on something that doesn't directly have anything to do with them. If Lana felt she had something important to add to the topic she would make a statement. Should she l, a singer not an activist or political commentator be required to issue a statement on every singleawful thing that happens in the world? I'm sure she thinks it's awful what happened but she isn't an activist why would she be expected to make a public statement on an issue she doesn't seem to know a whole lot about? I think discourse is more powerful when it's people who are passionate and informed on issues discussing them rather than every single celeb issuing a bland PR statement that says nothing and does nothing either Evwryone having to talk about everything ensures that nothing will be said and conversation will suffer and we miss out on important necessary discussions about power and injustice

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

It's very difficult for her to say something when she's just spent a week doubling down over comments that many perceived to be racist.

I'd like her to speak out, too, but I don't see how she can do that without people associating last week's mess with whatever she'd say about this.

I don't trust her, and I feel like she'd say something really crackheaded like, "Here is a poem I wrote about pansies. It's a reminder that all lives matter, including those of plants. I hope it brings some comfort to all of those affected by the current acts of violence. Much love - Lana x"

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I don't trust her, and I feel like she'd say something really crackheaded like, "Here is a poem I wrote about pansies. It's a reminder that all lives matter, including those of plants. I hope it brings some comfort to all of those affected by the current acts of violence. Much love - Lana x"

:eek: And no lies were told that day. If Beyonce' can write a poem about pansies, why can't I?  :facepalm:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

if she's all about the intentions as she says she is, and she felt compelled to speak about the disgusting racial issues plaguing America, she would post regardless of what the backlash would be. I wonder what her defense could POSSIBLY be... it doesn't fit in her aesthetic or sumn...

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

if she's all about the intentions as she says she is, and she felt compelled to speak about the disgusting racial issues plaguing America, she would post regardless of what the backlash would be. I wonder what her defense could POSSIBLY be... it doesn't fit in her aesthetic or sumn...

I don't disagree, and as I said, I would like her to speak out. However, it's possible she feels like she can't take any more criticism right now without crumbling, so she's refraining. To me, she looked utterly defeated in that video.

ETA: her dad seems to know what's up, though

https://twitter.com/robgrantdotcom/status/1266536784063848448

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

You have to understand that yes she has black friends, and she doesn't have any racial issues against the black community

but she's still from a white upper class family, her family may even be racist, and somehow she and her family give me that vibe, i can't remember seeing anybody but white people in her friends/family/boyfriends circle, we don't know for sure, but if it's right, it's hard to let go off the principles they were raised on,and  some white people surely do respect black people they don't hate but they always feel like they are better than them/ they just don't care about what happens to them! 

i also, don't care about what she says/other celebrties say about what happend. they are all privileged people who will never understand the situation! pity doesn't change a thing, not to mention that some of them speak just to not get blackach. they truely don't care...

and considering that she was dating a cop, her recent post, she better stays quiet, because we all know that she's bad when it comes to articulating things. if she's gonna do, something she can donate, not to satifsy people but to satifsy her conscience

"my rose garden dreams, set on fire by fiends"

You have to understand that yes she has black friends, and she doesn't have any racial issues against the black community

but she's still from a white upper class family, her family may even be racist, and somehow she and her family give me that vibe, i can't remember seeing anybody but white people in her friends/family/boyfriends circle, we don't know for sure, but if it's right, it's hard to let go off the principles they were raised on,and  some white people surely do respect black people they don't hate but they always feel like they are better than them/ they just don't care about what happens to them! 

I can "understand" this, but it's just still pathetic and racist. Selective empathy is not empathy.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Can y'all imagine if she wrote a Coachella like song about riots or the virus

(Or both)

I was at the riots

Oops I have the virus

Hope I didn't spread it

I'm already cancelled

I'd trade it all for a half decent publicist

One who'd take my Instagram password away

I'd give it all away if you give me just one day

Without Twitter saying I'm racist

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Even her dad is on twitter talking about racial injustice for the 100th time. The last week-and-a-half has been quite eye opening for me as a stan, tbh. If nothing more, she’s incredibly stuck in her own myopic worldview and only truly concerned about issues that affect people like her.