LDRO

Instagram Updates

I'm not arguing with you. I said what I said and it's my opinion. Don't start attacking me. You're hysterical at this point. Calm down. If Lana doesn't want to say anything it's her right not to say anything. 

please do not tell me that I'm hysterical. thats ridiculous. you bringing up his past does not absolve lana or anyone of moral responsibility. 

good night

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500

Speak up for what? So that she'd get called a hypocrite? Or faking that she cares to "clean up her image" and have the whole thing thrown in her face? The best thing for her to do is go write some music or poems and say nothing because either way she'll get a attacked. Her job is singing and writing and that's what she does best. Her not posting about BLM isn't going to cause a catastrophe. The entire world knows what's going on and what happened.

After what has been released today about George Floyd's pointing a gun at a woman while robbing her and his long criminal record:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8366533/George-Floyd-moved-Minneapolis-start-new-life-released-prison-Texas.html

Lots of famous people are going to start backpedaling now.

For the record, George didn't deserve to died the way he did. Those cops need to be arrested. However, a lot of people are changing their opinions on George after his record of crimes have been released. Especially pointing a gun at a woman while robbing her. Wow. :(

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/george-floyd’s-conviction-of-robbing-a-woman-receipts-inside.3560861/

Knowing Lana's luck, she'll be the first one attacked if she posted something.

People also need to remember Breonna Taylor. This kind of protest should have started when she was murdered by cops weeks ago.

...having a criminal record doesn't make an extrajudicial murder of a black man by a white police officer excusable. These protests aren't just for him, either. They're for every black person who has been murdered by the police. Please get a grip on reality.

Edit to add that this wasn't why he was being arrested. He was arrested because someone assumed his $20 bill was fake. Because he was black. So stop with this.

locals only

I just think it's kind of interesting that she clearly likes the aesthetic of woodstock, the beat poets, idolises Bob Dylan etc but if she had been an artist at that time there's been little to no indication she'd be anything but a sell-out that people like Dylan would hate for their inactivism lol.

I was think of this the other day. Dylan might have been uncharitable back then bc he literally believed rich people couldn't make good art

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

he’s a supporter of blue lives matter so i doubt he’s gonna say anything

Doctors get sued for malpractice, and it's definitely got to be other doctors on the witness stand when that happens. This is like a grand-Mal-practice in policing; the fact that there were multiple cops on the scene -- that did nothing while something looking like a full-blown hate crime was happening -- is extremely disturbing. SL is a cop-commentator and a cop (I've never seen his show), but if he popularizes/explains the roles of cops in society and ends up saying nothing about this, his creditability goes to zero and so does his show ratings (at least in a rational US, but I may be in the wrong universe for that). So if Sean has said nothing I'd be really really suprised. Anybody following him? I'm generally in agreement with people that Lana should post something, but really really brief and not connected to her previous posts, or just re-tweet Taylor. If she doesn't do that, I'll still forgive her, though.

Doctors get sued for malpractice, and it's definitely got to be other doctors on the witness stand when that happens. This is like a grand-Mal-practice in policing; the fact that there were multiple cops on the scene -- that did nothing while something looking like a full-blown hate crime was happening -- is extremely disturbing. SL is a cop-commentator and a cop (I've never seen his show), but if he popularizes/explains the roles of cops in society and ends up saying nothing about this, his creditability goes to zero and so does his show ratings (at least in a rational US, but I may be in the wrong universe for that). So if Sean has said nothing I'd be really really suprised. Anybody following him? I'm generally in agreement with people that Lana should post something, but really really brief and not connected to her previous posts, or just re-tweet Taylor. If she doesn't do that, I'll still forgive her, though.

i think people need to understand that this isn’t a standalone incident. this has been an ongoing issue for hundreds of years. in recent events take sandra bland as an example, philando castile, alton sterling. if sean didn’t speak out then he won’t speak out now. if you search his @ on twitter with blacklivesmatter nothing comes up, but if you search his @ on twitter with bluelivesmatter, tweets will come up. but anyways i don’t really care for a cop’s opinion on this matter, all i know is that he’s probably in support of the cops and that’s that.

also on the suing topic- i recently found out it’s near impossible to successfully sue a cop in the USA. this video explains a lot

https://youtu.be/km4uCOAzrbM

Wow you guys are really on the wrong path. We're talking about the DEATH of a men. How selfish you and Lanz and ben could be to ignore that? She should post something. Also I'm tired of her, her management and her bands ignorance. Everytime we complain about something they find the mistake on us make us look stupid and rude. This happened with BLM now, tour cancelation last year, setlist issue 2 years ago and maybe more when I wasn't following LB. I don't think I'll be able to stan her anymore. Maybe listen to her songs but that's it. And this coming from someone who defended her for 4 years now. I'm tired and I can't do this anymore when she keeps making mistakes over mistakes.

i get your sentiment, but i'm afraid it's based on a fundamental misunderstand of what cops as an entire class are. they're the enforcers of state-sanctioned violence/oppression and their unchecked power is based on a collective and individual refusal to acknowledge their own wrongdoings. policemen who try to speak up are usually silenced one way or another and, much like the military, they're trained to show solidarity to their own above all else. it's what ACAB as an ideology stems from. i'd be surprised - and i mean VERY surprised - if he did speak up.

some of you care more about lana’s reputation than lana herself. please understand that this isn’t something where her words can be twisted again; IT’S THE MURDER OF AN INNOCENT BLACK MAN THAT WAS KILLED BY POLICE. it’s only right if she SPEAKS OUT, SAYS SOMETHING, POSTS A LINK, STANDS UP FOR PEOPLE’S RIGHTS, SHOW HER LOVE AND SUPPORT TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY. many of her fans have started turning their back on her and unstanning and that’s completely justified. it’s time for her to start recognizing her privilege and get herself out of her bubble. her not posting about BLM is speaking VOLUMES and everyone else who isn’t posting about it is saying a lot. this isn’t about her receiving backlash (she’s been there done that) it’s about having a VOICE for the people who struggle to get their voice out there. grow up and stop kissing her ass.

Fr there are huge Lana stan accounts now shading her (as they should tbh), like there's so many Lana stans who are poc and I feel like a lot of white stans forget that 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm trying to recall if she's ever really posted much on social media about current events in real time...she's done a couple of songs about how she feels about current events (Coachella, Looking for America), but my sense is that it would be new / almost unprecedented for her to speak up now? Or am I wrong? Feel free to correct if so. 

Sort of weird for this to now be a thread about what she HASN'T posted on Instagram, but I guess that's where we are.  :O  

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

some of you care more about lana’s reputation than lana herself. please understand that this isn’t something where her words can be twisted again; IT’S THE MURDER OF AN INNOCENT BLACK MAN THAT WAS KILLED BY POLICE. it’s only right if she SPEAKS OUT, SAYS SOMETHING, POSTS A LINK, STANDS UP FOR PEOPLE’S RIGHTS, SHOW HER LOVE AND SUPPORT TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY. many of her fans have started turning their back on her and unstanning and that’s completely justified. it’s time for her to start recognizing her privilege and get herself out of her bubble. her not posting about BLM is speaking VOLUMES and everyone else who isn’t posting about it is saying a lot. this isn’t about her receiving backlash (she’s been there done that) it’s about having a VOICE for the people who struggle to get their voice out there. grow up and stop kissing her ass.

they have no brains to understand this.

She really has the energy to trash these artists for whatever the fuck reason and extend her shit storm for three days, but is completely silent at this. I would have never thought this, but I think she’s lost me for good. She doesn’t represent the values I stand for.

zXzLCRU.png

Wow, I didn't knew she and her family are obliged to have black friends/boyfriends/parents... Wow, I didn't knew that having only white people in her circle (which isn't a wrong thing) makes her and her family a racist.

I thought you guys were fans of hers, but it seems you're just a bunch of trolls who are here to criticize Lana and her family. Just f*cking stop, please!

If you wanna talk about BL or how you guys think she's racist, go to some b**** forum.

:icant2:

Yeah i'm by her side no matter what - and you all should do this too - and I'll only be against her if she proves herself a homophobe, that's the f*cking truth!

honey do you what the word MAYBE mean? 

+ NO, w shouldn't be on her side, no matter what, i understand she's a human, and i'm sure she's not obligated to clear anything at all. we should just not care about her personal life. because we love her for her art, not for who she is. because you simply can't know people you've never met!

"my rose garden dreams, set on fire by fiends"

even if you’re worried about people twisting her words (which is an extremely minuscule thing to worry about considering what’s going on) she could simply post a link to the donations page or other resources. She has 20 million followers and is using that platform for nothing as of right now.

Very eye opening few weeks here taking everything into account. Maybe she’ll do the right thing today who knows

What did he say? I can’t see it.

"Leave Lana alone, she's a beautiful spirit who cares deeply about equality and has liberal values in the most meaningful possible way. Sadly the US has a fascist racist in charge and the country deep rooted long standing problems with racial prejudice. If you want a target make it him and that, not Lana."

And then in reply to someone:

"Please support her then she isn't public property she's a human being and a very principled and beautiful one."

And now to someone else:

"My job as a manager and friend is to support her. She being the focus of your attention and annoyance right now, with the world as it is, is absurd."