LDRO

Instagram Updates

people were entirely justified in jumping on her though, and she obviously understands this or she wouldn't have deleted the post

she made a mistake with showing there faces I agree with that, but I think anything she says or does will create backlash.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

yeah she literally hasn't said daddy since florida kilos, give it up

Come on down to Florida, I got somethin' for ya

We could see the protest or the twitter chaos , baby, oh yeah

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

God this is so frustrating. I don't think she deserves half the hate she's getting today. The video sucked and she took it down. But she is out PROTESTING. There are celebrities saying stupid shit and only posting BLM "tag 10 people" chains and they're attacking her?? So much of it is just bullying at this point. And I am not one to defend her every move but it's like... come on. She is out walking the walk. 

honestly tho I hope she deletes her social media or at least moves back to her honeymoon account or something, this whole social media culture is messy and exhausting af, I feel for her.

Everybody just interprets what they want into her posts, it doesn't matter what she does, there is always someone complaining. And this pretentious "she should use her platform to spread awareness", "she should post donation links so ppl know what to do" or "her silence really says a lot" is ridiculous. What is this obsession and dependency with celebrities people have these days, since when does your social media feed reflect every part and corner of your political and social opinion. Everyone in- and outside the States knows what is going on, we don't need Lana to "spread more awareness" on this topic, it's all over the fucking international news. People all over the world are protesting, holding memorials and weirdly enough they got wind of it without the help of Lana.

Yes, it would shed a better light on her public image if she posted donation links etc. but what would it really change? If you as a private person really care enough to get involved, you shouldn't depend on a celebrities' instagram or twitter feed in the first place, the first logical reaction would be to simply google how and where to help/show support/donate. Donation links are shared all over the internet and y'all mad at her because she's not as visibly involved as you want her to be? Besides the fact one should always double check sources/donation links, since celebs are humans and also make mistakes/fall victim to scams. A bit of self-involvement is always required, Lana isn't here to serve everything you need to know on a silver plate.

If someone really is dependent on celebrities social media accounts to get informed about news and recent world events, the problem isn't a celebrity (Lana) not posting about it but one's unhealthy obsession with celebrities (and maybe the way of one own's media consumption). Lana is an artist, not a politician, social rights activist or human rights lawyer. It's not fair to judge and demand from her the same public engagement as someone who's doing it for a living or simply voluntarily chooses to be more vocal about it, it is not her job to educate people. And it's not her job to post every single thought she has, this social media obsession is getting out of control. It was already bad with facebook but Instagram and Twitter are making it worse, one is getting judged by their content on a frickin' APP. It's as if private thoughts, opinions and actions do not exist outside that social media bubble.

Stan or unstan her, support her or not but it's ridiculous to pretend this is not some form of ego satisfaction, wanting your fave celebrities to share your same values and opinions and not wanting to get disappointed by seeing the human behind that "celebrity" image. It's not about her and her political stand or more "awareness" (she isn't the biggest celeb out there, i doubt her massive impact), it's about how we perceive her and wish her to be, because in the end, we are all obsessed but none of us really knows her outside of the image she created for herself, with the content she shares. Leave her be.

Wow she really can't win. The looting video was a mistake and she quickly took it down. It's pretty clear her intentions weren't bad, she was showing things she was witnessing from the protests and didn't think of the potential danger. I've seen similar videos all over social media from people who likely just aren't thinking. The point is, she quickly heard that it was problematic and removed it. People really don't have enough important things to worry about right now, that they also want to take the time to bully Lana?

I think it's really the time for people to leave her alone now. She has broken the silence, resolved her fuck-up with the looting video and even though she didn't post the donation link she still acknowledged and supported the situation and didn't keep silent about it, her 2 posts and insta stories are fine now and don't scream of ignorance. She better log off for a while and people better stop hating on her so much, she's not a monster, she just fucks-up but having good intentions in her heart, but she tries to be better

Oh and happy 600 pages of this mess!  :party:

honestly tho I hope she deletes her social media or at least moves back to her honeymoon account or something, this whole social media culture is messy and exhausting af, I feel for her.

Everybody just interprets what they want into her posts, it doesn't matter what she does, there is always someone complaining. And this pretentious "she should use her platform to spread awareness", "she should post donation links so ppl know what to do" or "her silence really says a lot" is ridiculous. What is this obsession and dependency with celebrities people have these days, since when does your social media feed reflect every part and corner of your political and social opinion. Everyone in- and outside the States knows what is going on, we don't need Lana to "spread more awareness" on this topic, it's all over the fucking international news. People all over the world are protesting, holding memorials and weirdly enough they got wind of it without the help of Lana.

Yes, it would shed a better light on her public image if she posted donation links etc. but what would it really change? If you as a private person really care enough to get involved, you shouldn't depend on a celebrities' instagram or twitter feed in the first place, the first logical reaction would be to simply google how and where to help/show support/donate. Donation links are shared all over the internet and y'all mad at her because she's not as visibly involved as you want her to be? Besides the fact one should always double check sources/donation links, since celebs are humans and also make mistakes/fall victim to scams. A bit of self-involvement is always required, Lana isn't here to serve everything you need to know on a silver plate.

If someone really is dependent on celebrities social media accounts to get informed about news and recent world events, the problem isn't a celebrity (Lana) not posting about it but one's unhealthy obsession with celebrities (and maybe the way of one own's media consumption). Lana is an artist, not a politician, social rights activist or human rights lawyer. It's not fair to judge and demand from her the same public engagement as someone who's doing it for a living or simply voluntarily chooses to be more vocal about it, it is not her job to educate people. And it's not her job to post every single thought she has, this social media obsession is getting out of control. It was already bad with facebook but Instagram and Twitter are making it worse, one is getting judged by their content on a frickin' APP. It's as if private thoughts, opinions and actions do not exist outside that social media bubble.

Stan or unstan her, support her or not but it's ridiculous to pretend this is not some form of ego satisfaction, wanting your fave celebrities to share your same values and opinions and not wanting to get disappointed by seeing the human behind that "celebrity" image. It's not about her and her political stand or more "awareness" (she isn't the biggest celeb out there, i doubt her massive impact), it's about how we perceive her and wish her to be, because in the end, we are all obsessed but none of us really knows her outside of the image she created for herself, with the content she shares. Leave her be.

are you leaving fifth harmony?

giphy.gif

seeing this much text gave me war flashbacks from lana's typewriter insta posts oh god

qfrWuBl.png