LDRO

Instagram Updates

remember social media has only been a major thing for the past say 10 years. just because you dont retweet a picture or write something online DOES NOT mean you do not care. that mentality is so annoying. however social media is obviously great for a number of reasons/spreading awareness which is why we wanted her to post something of course in the first place but the fact that she is taking physical action is a lot more than some of the assholes who are dragging her have probably done. and we cant assume the celebrities that haven't posted anything do not care either because for all we know they could've donated thousands towards charities but were honorable enough to not share it.

moral of the story, lets not be so quick to judge everybody and stop being so reliant on social media for activism.

just my two cents

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

honestly tho I hope she deletes her social media or at least moves back to her honeymoon account or something, this whole social media culture is messy and exhausting af, I feel for her.

Everybody just interprets what they want into her posts, it doesn't matter what she does, there is always someone complaining. And this pretentious "she should use her platform to spread awareness", "she should post donation links so ppl know what to do" or "her silence really says a lot" is ridiculous. What is this obsession and dependency with celebrities people have these days, since when does your social media feed reflect every part and corner of your political and social opinion. Everyone in- and outside the States knows what is going on, we don't need Lana to "spread more awareness" on this topic, it's all over the fucking international news. People all over the world are protesting, holding memorials and weirdly enough they got wind of it without the help of Lana.

Yes, it would shed a better light on her public image if she posted donation links etc. but what would it really change? If you as a private person really care enough to get involved, you shouldn't depend on a celebrities' instagram or twitter feed in the first place, the first logical reaction would be to simply google how and where to help/show support/donate. Donation links are shared all over the internet and y'all mad at her because she's not as visibly involved as you want her to be? Besides the fact one should always double check sources/donation links, since celebs are humans and also make mistakes/fall victim to scams. A bit of self-involvement is always required, Lana isn't here to serve everything you need to know on a silver plate.

If someone really is dependent on celebrities social media accounts to get informed about news and recent world events, the problem isn't a celebrity (Lana) not posting about it but one's unhealthy obsession with celebrities (and maybe the way of one own's media consumption). Lana is an artist, not a politician, social rights activist or human rights lawyer. It's not fair to judge and demand from her the same public engagement as someone who's doing it for a living or simply voluntarily chooses to be more vocal about it, it is not her job to educate people. And it's not her job to post every single thought she has, this social media obsession is getting out of control. It was already bad with facebook but Instagram and Twitter are making it worse, one is getting judged by their content on a frickin' APP. It's as if private thoughts, opinions and actions do not exist outside that social media bubble.

Stan or unstan her, support her or not but it's ridiculous to pretend this is not some form of ego satisfaction, wanting your fave celebrities to share your same values and opinions and not wanting to get disappointed by seeing the human behind that "celebrity" image. It's not about her and her political stand or more "awareness" (she isn't the biggest celeb out there, i doubt her massive impact), it's about how we perceive her and wish her to be, because in the end, we are all obsessed but none of us really knows her outside of the image she created for herself, with the content she shares. Leave her be.

YES! Exactly my thoughts. I stopped looking at Twitter and IG some time ago and only use FB for private things (not news or stalking celebreties :).

God this is so frustrating. I don't think she deserves half the hate she's getting today. The video sucked and she took it down. But she is out PROTESTING. There are celebrities saying stupid shit and only posting BLM "tag 10 people" chains and they're attacking her?? So much of it is just bullying at this point. And I am not one to defend her every move but it's like... come on. She is out walking the walk. 

people are especially hung up on the donation links, which i don't understand, maybe this is me being cynical but

like, do you seriously think the majority of donation links on twitter and wherever else rn weren't just shared for performative reasons?

unfortunately, i think when it comes to situations like the one we're in rn, which is incredibly volatile -

all of the positive change is going to come from a grassroots level, not fucking lady gaga posting a bitly link or whatever

even if she donated - which, in gaga's case, i would be surprised if she hadn't - or each and every one of her followers donated because of her post

the changes that need to happen are systemic, and while i understand the need for material reparations at this moment, the overemphasis on donations as if they're going to fix the cause of the riots

worries me

i'm glad for every donation made that will go towards the survival of the movement under these extreme circumstances, but

idk, i guess the longer they can go on, the quicker we will see a difference - because the grassroots shit clearly hasn't been working, but the rioting on the other hand forces us to pay attention

basically i don't know what i'm talking about, but what else is new

/possibly a dumb take, take me 'cos i'm ready to be crucified

rihKQ8M.gif

its been a long week for this thread 

Page 200 reached in July 2018

Page 400 reached in May 2020

Page 600 reached in May 2020

:toofloppy:

Well, I've been dragging her for the last several days for her silence, but glad to see she listened to her fans/the public and used her platform to spread awareness. I'm also encouraged to see she listened to those urging her to alter her post as it could be used against protestors. 

Her story leaves me the most hopeful - standing with protestors and BLM signs. She's doing her part.

I think one of the other reasons for her silence is that some fan-natic tried to do her harm (kidnap/or/kill her) back in 2018.

Her hand tattoo "Trust No One" is what is on her mind all the time.

-- https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5495857/lana-del-rey-stalker-arrested-outside-her-florida-concert-armed-with-three-inch-knife-after-police-foil-kidnap-plot/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/04/obsessed-fan-plotted-kidnap-us-singer-lana-del-rey/

I have just discovered this , seems to be from a 2018 concert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ItOqJg4R4c

-

honestly tho I hope she deletes her social media or at least moves back to her honeymoon account or something, this whole social media culture is messy and exhausting af, I feel for her.

Everybody just interprets what they want into her posts, it doesn't matter what she does, there is always someone complaining. And this pretentious "she should use her platform to spread awareness", "she should post donation links so ppl know what to do" or "her silence really says a lot" is ridiculous. What is this obsession and dependency with celebrities people have these days, since when does your social media feed reflect every part and corner of your political and social opinion. Everyone in- and outside the States knows what is going on, we don't need Lana to "spread more awareness" on this topic, it's all over the fucking international news. People all over the world are protesting, holding memorials and weirdly enough they got wind of it without the help of Lana.

Yes, it would shed a better light on her public image if she posted donation links etc. but what would it really change? If you as a private person really care enough to get involved, you shouldn't depend on a celebrities' instagram or twitter feed in the first place, the first logical reaction would be to simply google how and where to help/show support/donate. Donation links are shared all over the internet and y'all mad at her because she's not as visibly involved as you want her to be? Besides the fact one should always double check sources/donation links, since celebs are humans and also make mistakes/fall victim to scams. A bit of self-involvement is always required, Lana isn't here to serve everything you need to know on a silver plate.

If someone really is dependent on celebrities social media accounts to get informed about news and recent world events, the problem isn't a celebrity (Lana) not posting about it but one's unhealthy obsession with celebrities (and maybe the way of one own's media consumption). Lana is an artist, not a politician, social rights activist or human rights lawyer. It's not fair to judge and demand from her the same public engagement as someone who's doing it for a living or simply voluntarily chooses to be more vocal about it, it is not her job to educate people. And it's not her job to post every single thought she has, this social media obsession is getting out of control. It was already bad with facebook but Instagram and Twitter are making it worse, one is getting judged by their content on a frickin' APP. It's as if private thoughts, opinions and actions do not exist outside that social media bubble.

Stan or unstan her, support her or not but it's ridiculous to pretend this is not some form of ego satisfaction, wanting your fave celebrities to share your same values and opinions and not wanting to get disappointed by seeing the human behind that "celebrity" image. It's not about her and her political stand or more "awareness" (she isn't the biggest celeb out there, i doubt her massive impact), it's about how we perceive her and wish her to be, because in the end, we are all obsessed but none of us really knows her outside of the image she created for herself, with the content she shares. Leave her be.

it's about getting people to donate money. idgaf about what Lana thinks about anymore, but a lot of fans do and they'll break out their wallets if Miss Thing endorses it. It doesn't matter if they're doing it for the right reasons, it's just about money resources getting to the people who need it and who are actually fighting for justice right now

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Also Tinashe, i love her but she needs to shut the fuck up and mind her damn business. That public response to her video was entirely uncalled for. "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?" pfft girl what is your problem.

Also Tinashe, i love her but she needs to shut the fuck up and mind her damn business. That public response to her video was entirely uncalled for. "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?" pfft girl what is your problem.

I mean, at least she deleted the original tweet.

people are especially hung up on the donation links, which i don't understand, maybe this is me being cynical but

like, do you seriously think the majority of donation links on twitter and wherever else rn weren't just shared for performative reasons?

unfortunately, i think when it comes to situations like the one we're in rn, which is incredibly volatile -

all of the positive change is going to come from a grassroots level, not fucking lady gaga posting a bitly link or whatever

even if she donated - which, in gaga's case, i would be surprised if she hadn't - or each and every one of her followers donated because of her post

the changes that need to happen are systemic, and while i understand the need for material reparations at this moment, the overemphasis on donations as if they're going to fix the cause of the riots

worries me

i'm glad for every donation made that will go towards the survival of the movement under these extreme circumstances, but

idk, i guess the longer they can go on, the quicker we will see a difference - because the grassroots shit clearly hasn't been working, but the rioting on the other hand forces us to pay attention

basically i don't know what i'm talking about, but what else is new

/possibly a dumb take, take me 'cos i'm ready to be crucified

the money goes to grassroots organizations. it does help. like i said in an earlier post a meme page with 34.9 k followers raised over $10k for a grassroots movement. she has so much more reach, what's so hard about posting a few links to organizations that are by and for black people? it doesn't matter if it's performative, it matters that the resources are going to the right place.

there does need to be a lot more work done than that and it is systemic so i think i hear what you're saying. she can post about educational sources that we can learn from. she can post businesses we can buy from. actually, she should be centering and amplifying black voices right now.

Edited by daisy fresh witch

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

What's up with this twitter thing everyone's talking bout? What's going on?

I just saw her IG posts from the protest.

I saw the post before it was taken off-line.

Someone posted a picture of Lana Del Rey in a Spa (which is actually from 2018)

and wrote that she was just relaxing in this time of crisis that is happening in the USA.   :facepalm:    

Instead of saying something positive or contructive or wise, some people would rather Troll on the internet and cause more harm

than do good.   Its very shameful and sad.  

-

I mean, at least she deleted the original tweet.

yeah but it was so rude of her to do that. she could've respectfully sent her a private message like an adult instead of publically shaming her like that when clearly it was an accident, that behaviour was just loud and obnoxious and directed even MORE attention to the post

"people need to leave her alone"

she's a 35 year-old woman she doesn't need to be shielded from the consequences of her actions

i agree threats are never ok and there's no point in being gratuitously nasty (she removed the video and hopefully learned), but take your stan hats off for a second. she was in the wrong.

The dumbasses on stan twitter posting about burning all of her CDs and merch, but quickly taking it back because she uploaded something on the internet... clown shit