LDRO

Instagram Updates

I rewatched the IG video and beside the entire mess, I want to mention the part where she said she feels sorry that the women she mentioned in her original statement really disagree with her. I just can’t at the fact that she had private convos with her “close” friends like Ariana and she doesn’t see in any way how her statements could be interpreted the wrong way. Like she’s probably lost friendships over something you can just take a step back from and maybe think over your stance on? You can still inform yourself in your 30s. I know it’s been talked about before, but I feel like things got heated in the DMs with multiple people. Not just in a GC with fans. Lana’s been through shit, that’s true, but her stubbornness and pride will be her downfall. I sympathize if she needs to take a step back for her mental health, but depression/anxiety doesn’t excuse ignorance.

Do they not realize that she took the video down

They know she took it down but they're still going after her. 

is chucks hair that red and dark atm? i dont think thats them in the pic tbh

I thought at first Lana was the one with the red frizzy hair because her hair gets frizzy like that, but the face profile doesn't match. 

Are we sure she went to the protest? I mean i believe it but there's not proof that she was there, the pics/ videos could be from her sister or friends, i find it weird that no one saw her or took a picture of her but yeah i guess she had a hood on or something

True.

mena suvari went protesting, ariana grande too. i think when celebs go they have a mask on and a hood so no one can rly tell 

Halsey and Yungblud were there too. She called the paparazzi on herself to the protest.  :usrs:

She went on to jump on cars and provoked the cops for the cameras. Always doing the most.  :toofloppy:

wth is she talking about? fr what's the problem with that video i don't get it?   https://twitter.com/notextzone/status/1267243965356617729

Taking George's words and adding it to the video she deleted, this is what people are still angry about, despite the fact she deleted the video hours ago. 

The looting making "this generation lost." 

Sadly for Lana, the internet is forever and posting George's words makes it seem like that's the point Lana was going for. 

oh okay thanks, i never ever saw it that way? idk if i'm biased but i think it was clear that if she was posting that it's because she agrees with it, like, why would she go to the protest, to film something she doesn't agree with, while at the same time she's protesting with her family and friends? it makes zero sense but idk i've read so many things that now i question every single thing i read about her lmao

Taking George's words and adding it to the video she deleted, this is what people are still angry about, despite the fact she deleted the video hours ago. 

The looting making "this generation lost." 

Sadly for Lana, the internet is forever and posting George's words makes it seem like that's the point Lana was going for. 

https://twitter.com/AriLennox/status/1267280441251213312 so now people thinks she posted that video to expose them and they could become targets? man this is too fucked up, they're taking things way too far and portraying her as a horrible person i'm so done

people love to drag and cancel... hopefully people will actually worry about LEADERS who are screwing us all (Republicans & Democrats) instead of trying to keep up w a celebrity who has money to protect themselves. 

also LA county is in a state of emergency (I live near where the big protest was) and the cops have to go guard the firetrucks attempting to put out fires, then they have to respond to people looting and LA county is VERY large, so idk why they think the LAPD would target the man on the car that was done burning (almost everyone took an insta for the feed in front of it) like I wish ppl would just STFU already

but why would she be posting that if she was against it? It doesn't make sense to me

omg i just realized that video of george floyd she posted was about the looting. i can't. i was glad she at least starting doing something about the protests but this??? i can't .... 

I don't know how this is all going to play out. I can't see her ditching social media altogether because she's very visual, and I don't think an arrangement like Lorde's newsletters-in-lieu-of-social-media would work for her in terms of promotion and releases.

I don't like the idea of her having someone else run her social media for her, and she doesn't strike me as the type of person who would go for that anyway. However, I think it's clear that she needs some assistance - she needs someone, either in an official or unofficial capacity, to run posts by.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I think that most people here (for example) could've anticipated the obvious problems with her original typewritten post, had we been shown it before she posted it. Like, I read it within 2 minutes of it going up, and immediately thought, "she's probably going to get roasted for name dropping Black women and using a false analogy". I feel like most people who read it probably thought the same.

Maybe she is running posts by someone, but whoever that is is clearly a moron, so she should pick someone else.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

but why would she be posting that if she was against it? It doesn't make sense to me

I'm not talking just about lana btw, i've been seeing this with people in my personal life too. but if you see someone who isn't being vocal about anything else in the situation EXCEPT or the looting, you just have to assume that mf is racist. when i see it, in my head i do "there is a deep ingrained history of black men, women and children being killed (and even worse!), peaceful protesters are being beaten, shoved, physically thrown, gassed, even children, but the biggest problem you see is they're stealing??"

I don't know how this is all going to play out. I can't see her ditching social media altogether because she's very visual, and I don't think an arrangement like Lorde's newsletters-in-lieu-of-social-media would work for her in terms of promotion and releases.

I don't like the idea of her having someone else run her social media for her, and she doesn't strike me as the type of person who would go for that anyway. However, I think it's clear that she needs some assistance - she needs someone, either in an official or unofficial capacity, to run posts by.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I think that most people here (for example) could've anticipated the obvious problems with her original typewritten post, had we been shown it before she posted it. Like, I read it within 2 minutes of it going up, and immediately thought, "she's probably going to get roasted for name dropping Black women and using a false analogy". I feel like most people who read it probably thought the same.

Maybe she is running posts by someone, but whoever that is is clearly a moron, so she should pick someone else.

it's not just about her social media. it's about her as a person, she doesn't need people to tell he what and what not to post, she needs people to educate her 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

I'm not talking just about lana btw, i've been seeing this with people in my personal life too. but if you see someone who isn't being vocal about anything else in the situation EXCEPT or the looting, you just have to assume that mf is racist. when i see it, in my head i do "there is a deep ingrained history of black men, women and children being killed (and even worse!), peaceful protesters are being beaten, shoved, physically thrown, gassed, even children, but the biggest problem you see is they're stealing??"

it's not just about her social media. it's about her as a person, she doesn't need people to tell he what and what not to post, she needs people to educate her 

I agree wholeheartedly, but she is always insisting that she didn't mean whatever it is she's posted and that she meant something else, which is why I think she needs help with that.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i totally get your point, the thing is i never thought she posted it to complain about the looting, just the fact that she was there made me think she agreed with the whole thing, but knowing that she posted that with the video of george... idk what to think anymore tbh, my mind is gonna explode at this point lmao

Yeah, I didn’t connect the dots between the looting video and George on her stories either. I had it on low volume when I watched her story and didn’t catch everything but like... if she really thinks stealing things is a problem bigger than protesters getting seriously hurt and POC getting treated unfairly every day... I... I don’t even know anymore, Lana. I guess I’m going back to being disappointed.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png