LDRO

Instagram Updates

I don't know what to think neither but, if she were against the looting why would she post a video of a man holding up a sign that says "no justice no peace" then? and the fact that she was protesting made me think that she agreed with the whole thing but again, i don't know what to think now

Yeah, I didn’t connect the dots between the looting video and George on her stories either. I had it on low volume when I watched her story and didn’t catch everything but like... if she really thinks stealing things is a problem bigger than protesters getting seriously hurt and POC getting treated unfairly every day... I... I don’t even know anymore, Lana. I guess I’m going back to being disappointed.

Yeah, I didn’t connect the dots between the looting video and George on her stories either. I had it on low volume when I watched her story and didn’t catch everything but like... if she really thinks stealing things is a problem bigger than protesters getting seriously hurt and POC getting treated unfairly every day... I... I don’t even know anymore, Lana. I guess I’m going back to being disappointed.

I don't know... I have seen this same video being posted by several people since they started reporting what happened to Floyd.

giphy.gif

It's real duplicitous bc rioters make the movement look real bad and prompt more police/corps action, while taking attention away from those peacefully protesting, but at the same time, it does bring faster media attention, widespread awareness. Not gonna condone violence, ever and personally do believe that peaceful protests are the way to go. 

I get that the system needs a LOT of reform, but damaging it thru setting things on fire, hurting the mom n pops and even bringing innocent people, especially those who're trying to help, safely, just doesn't represent the message and the movement that others are trying so hard to get others into in a mature way, a more welcoming way. 

How are others supposed to dive in when the fear is valid, on top of covid 19 around it, just doesn't do much long range. The reparation funds are gonna go back to the business and the system first. which is ironic, bc we're trying to get funding back to the PEOPLE. the damage deters that further. 

it divides people because the people rampaging are rationalizing their actions and I get the rage, I do, but long range, it just fucks things up for everyone in the long run. it doesn't give peace a chance. and mocks those who truly believe in it, and the solidarity that those are doing their best already into giving them a fair say bc of their actions. 

On the other side of the coin perspective regarding Lana posting, varying degrees of intent and its direction, she could've just been posting for awareness of the reality of this part of the current events bc it is happening. Clearly she cares of how her audience reacts, and decided to take it down. I do appreciate that she took it down to save the people in the video. There's a skepticism that's been rapidly just coming upfront bc of how fast social media operates, at the speed of clicks n buttons, but combine that w the lack of patience, and willingness to see the other side 'cept their own, potentially drags us into not thinking for ourselves, and blurs what acceptance is regarding our fellow human brothers and sisters. How do we frontier that if the methods don't aim to really connect? Emotions are a powerful driving force, but in my opinion, it shouldn't blind. I do think it should be taken into consideration for the sake of connecting values, but when the chemicals run out, be mindful of where that can take us. 

We have to repetitively ask ourselves. Are we thinking for ourselves and the collective good in a worthwhile way? Are we playing into someone else's hand? We've a constant responsibility to renew our minds in a way that represent each and every one of us into consideration. bc if we don't. Those w more funding are just gonna watch us fight while nothing gets done. 

UV/Honeymoon

It's real duplicitous bc rioters make the movement look real bad and prompt more police/corps action, while taking attention away from those peacefully protesting, but at the same time, it does bring faster media attention, widespread awareness. Not gonna condone violence, ever and personally do believe that peaceful protests are the way to go. 

I get that the system needs a LOT of reform, but damaging it thru setting things on fire, hurting the mom n pops and even bringing innocent people, especially those who're trying to help, safely, just doesn't represent the message and the movement that others are trying so hard to get others into in a mature way, a more welcoming way. 

How are others supposed to dive in when the fear is valid, on top of covid 19 around it, just doesn't do much long range. The reparation funds are gonna go back to the business and the system first. which is ironic, bc we're trying to get funding back to the PEOPLE. the damage deters that further. 

it divides people because the people rampaging are rationalizing their actions and I get the rage, I do, but long range, it just fucks things up for everyone in the long run. it doesn't give peace a chance. and mocks those who truly believe in it, and the solidarity that those are doing their best already into giving them a fair say bc of their actions. 

On the other side of the coin perspective regarding Lana posting, varying degrees of intent and its direction, she could've just been posting for awareness of the reality of this part of the current events bc it happening. Clearly she cares of how her audience reacts, and decided to take it down. I do appreciate that she took it down to save the people in the video. There's a skepticism that's been rapidly just coming upfront bc of how fast social media operates, at the speed of clicks n buttons, but combine that w the lack of patience, and willingness to see the other side 'cept their own, potentially drags us into not thinking for ourselves, and blurs what acceptance is regarding our fellow human brothers and sisters. How do we frontier that if the methods don't aim to really connect? Emotions are a powerful driving force, but in my opinion, it shouldn't blind. I do think it should be taken into consideration for the sake of connecting values, but when the chemicals run out, be mindful of where that can take us. 

We have to repetitively ask ourselves. Are we thinking for ourselves and the collective good in a worthwhile way? Are we playing into someone else's hand? We've a constant responsibility to renew our minds in a way that represent each and every one of us into consideration. bc if we don't. Those w more funding are just gonna watch us fight while nothing gets done.

Yes... I understand what you mean.

There are many protests in my country and the protesters themselves actively condemn looting and depredation, because they believe that these acts invalidate the cause of the movement.

giphy.gif

Yes... I understand what you mean.

There are many protests in my country and the protesters themselves actively condemn looting and depredation, because they believe that these acts invalidate the cause of the movement.

Mm. If anything, it really just warrants the age old perspective that the funding behind those forces are warranted to protect the people. There's a contract of peace between the government and people, in a way where we're paying taxes etc. for their protection. Control is implied, and clearly the trust isn't there. 

Granted, we're all accountable bc we all live in our communities, so I really think that the movement does start with us as individuals at numerous varieties and methods and tones of expression. and that's it's our responsibility to look into ourselves and be smart enough to communicate the why's. 

I don't think their actions are rooted in love, but for personal gain, selfishness, and if they think about it a lot more, they're just contributing to our downfall as a free people, or whatever's left of the concept. It's infuriating. 

UV/Honeymoon

I don't know how this is all going to play out. I can't see her ditching social media altogether because she's very visual, and I don't think an arrangement like Lorde's newsletters-in-lieu-of-social-media would work for her in terms of promotion and releases.

I don't like the idea of her having someone else run her social media for her, and she doesn't strike me as the type of person who would go for that anyway. However, I think it's clear that she needs some assistance - she needs someone, either in an official or unofficial capacity, to run posts by.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I think that most people here (for example) could've anticipated the obvious problems with her original typewritten post, had we been shown it before she posted it. Like, I read it within 2 minutes of it going up, and immediately thought, "she's probably going to get roasted for name dropping Black women and using a false analogy". I feel like most people who read it probably thought the same.

Maybe she is running posts by someone, but whoever that is is clearly a moron, so she should pick someone else.

Lorde has social media accounts like twitter and instagram, but only updates it once a year. Fiona Apple has no social media accounts at all or even an official web site. It's mostly Fiona's friends and fans who promote her new music. I don't know if that would work with Lana. Maybe it would. Social media is a dumpster fire in general. It usually only works nicely if you keep them private for friends and family only but if you're a public figure, it's another story. Maybe Lana could shut down her Twitter, Instagram and FB and create a blog on her official website. Get a newsletter by email with updates like Lorde does. I think for her own peace of mind, deleting it all and creating a place for herself and fans would be nice. It's the way it use to be back in the late 90's all the way to 2008. 

omg i just realized that video of george floyd she posted was about the looting. i can't. i was glad she at least starting doing something about the protests but this??? i can't ....

What post about George Floyd?

Honestly, I feel like she took such a huge misstep and I don't know why. Throughout 2017 she was very vocal in terms of Trump and politics. It even impacted her music for the first time, in 2019 she was still present and aware, releasing Looking For America after the shootings and donating all the proceeds to charity. Even with the new poetry book, proceeds were being donated to a native American charity (I think)...

In an ideal world, last week's statement would never have happened! And then if an event like George Floyd were to occur, she would've released a statement showing love, empathy and support to people of colour. Honestly I think she could've even done something like a poem (more Lana). She would still attend a protest, just not post videos of rioters! Maybe she could've done another Looking For America situation, or donated some money etc.

I was dragging her the last several days, but I feel like there's a bit of nit-picking going on in here now? Unless I missed something new on her story, she has done her part in protesting (silently before others urged her to post) and took down the looting video minutes after she was asked to. 

Honestly, I feel like she took such a huge misstep and I don't know why. Throughout 2017 she was very vocal in terms of Trump and politics. It even impacted her music for the first time, in 2019 she was still present and aware, releasing Looking For America after the shootings and donating all the proceeds to charity. Even with the new poetry book, proceeds were being donated to a native American charity (I think)...

In an ideal world, last week's statement would never have happened! And then if an event like George Floyd were to occur, she would've released a statement showing love, empathy and support to people of colour. Honestly I think she could've even done something like a poem (more Lana). She would still attend a protest, just not post videos of rioters! Maybe she could've done another Looking For America situation, or donated some money etc.

i mean obviously i’m not lana and i don’t know her thought process or anything atm but i feel like lana is really disconnected from herself. it all started around when her and sean broke up (and i’m not blaming this on sean). lana was still very much herself when nfr was released but as time went on...yikes.

When good intentions don't cut it, people turn your tone deaf/less than smart moves into you actually wanting to be malicious, making it seem like said moves are you genuinely being ill intentioned. This is getting fucking ridiculous. I understand and agree with most of the criticism in regards to her approach, but she listened to criticism and legit took down the video. This is getting extremely vicious and tiresome now.

Lana sweetie, do yourself a service and just disconnect for a while.