LDRO

Instagram Updates

I don't know the right answer but I'd be keeping an eye your friend as they seem far less concerned than you about it. 

Thank you for reaching out! The insta account has answered me, they accept participation from anybody, and although I could donate 50€ by myself I don't really have them so I would really love if people could buy the font (which is why I'm doing it in the first place, I don't have money, not even enough to donate, which is why I'm selling the font) so that we could donate. Yes, she's more of a classmate than a friend, but I'm certainly not one to judge. I won't do this unless I have her acceptance though. At any rate I'll donate a portion of my profit from the sale of the font to links on blacklivesmatter.carrd.co

ZKcaooE.png

while i’m glad she deleted the photo quickly when asked, how did she not realize what she was doing? all over twitter and social media i’ve seen so much about protecting the identities of the protesters due to potential retaliation. she’s so uneducated about the most common sense things..

I just remembered the very heavy political significance the industry put on Norman and I hope all of the mess that happened last month regarding her didn't ruin its legacy of "the album of the end of the world".

Lmao that article is probably written by a stan. Her post was problematic, she should have thought twice about how to adress her frustrations.

Just showing that there are different points of view on the subject.

Not all people who understood what Lana meant, although she did not express herself in a clear and even controversial way, are "fans". This argument is not valid.

But this has already been widely discussed here...

giphy.gif

Qwhite interesting that so many people here are willing to excuse and defend Lana putting up the video in ignorance and taking an hour to delete it but condemning Tinashe and Kehlani for jumping to twitter instead of DMs in frustration at a white woman who had spent the past week or so fumbling words and telling people who were frustrated at her to "fuck off" and that they were causing a "race war".... seems fragile

locals only

I know white privilege is a bad thing, mostly because white people don’t know they’re treated differently. That’s also the reason white people can’t think how things must feel for the black community. Tho not everything has bad intentions

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

Qwhite interesting that so many people here are willing to excuse and defend Lana putting up the video in ignorance and taking an hour to delete it but condemning Tinashe and Kehlani for jumping to twitter instead of DMs in frustration at a white woman who had spent the past week or so fumbling words and telling people who were frustrated at her to "fuck off" and that they were causing a "race war".... seems fragile

I didn't have a problem with Tinashe or Kehlani posting publicly tbh. She has a massive platform and put those people at risk and deserved to be called out. However, like I said, I hate that twitter is turning her making a mistake into her being racist and doing that intentionally. But honestly there are bigger things to worry about than a rich white woman's reputation lmfao, let me stop posting about this from now on.

Reading some news, I came across this here...

https://www.ccn.com/we-need-to-talk-about-the-vilification-of-lana-del-rey/

I fear they are going to drag around that post of hers like a dead horse until the dead-horse just looks like bones   :facepalm:

I kind of feel sorry for the girl (Lana D.L.). Her next stage look will be with ugly running eyeliner from crying and a ripped-up dress .

She just should UNPLUG herself from ALL social-media and Stop writing to fans or to critics.  

Lana, Concentrate MORE on writing new poems and new song lyrics !

-

an account with 2 million + followers reporting that lana had died....

Omg please. My heart. I’m so worried about this given her history and I can’t take it. Not even to be dramatic or anything rn but Lana is literally the only reason I bother to stay alive.

an account with 2 million + followers reporting that lana had died....

damn... just DAAAAAMN !

People are taking things too far now    :facepalm:    

It is disgusting.

Get that person´s address.

I am going to send over Vinni and some of his Italian friends to give them a back-massage.

giphy.gif

-

Some resources I bookmarked that might be useful to someone-

Simple advice for how to support as a non PoC: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAvVzxEDe4X/

Another summary of actions to work towards being actively antiracist: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAvbZyVh1xc/

Some insta lives to provide food for thought: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAvch5YgMtB/?hl=en (more advice for what you can do as a white person)

A longer live (40 mins) but very insightful esp regarding the topic of what white priveldge is: https://www.instagram.com/p/CA3OB9fByeN/7

EDIT: wrong thread sorry, but I'll leave it here in case anyone is looking for ways to respond proactively

giphy.gif

Omg please. My heart. I’m so worried about this given her history and I can’t take it. Not even to be dramatic or anything rn but Lana is literally the only reason I bother to stay alive.

please pm me, i love lana too but your life is more important <3

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF