LDRO

Instagram Updates

WTF

I don't understand why some of you hate her and still here with a picture of her face on profile.

Bizarre, you love THE drama, don't you?

when were people obligated to post a screenshot of their donation(s)? Lana mentioned she was doing “other things” in support of the movement. If people are posting screenshots just for social media validation, it defeats the whole purpose. Chuck and Charlie donated and it’s likely she donated as well. it seems she’s going to hate either way

WTF

I don't understand why some of you hate her and still here with a picture of her face on profile.

Bizarre, you love THE drama, don't you?

https://youtu.be/5pmtsHRJySw

CHANGE YOUR COSTUME MIMI, CHANGE IT AROUND!

I have an infinite amount of love for Tammie Brown, such a lovely odd ball.

If she posted what she donated, people would say it was not enough...or if it was a bazillion dollars and they couldn't say that, THEN they would say she was showing off her wealth and privilege, or something.  :facepalm:

I'm torn between feeling nervous every time she posts and glad she hasn't let the bastards get her down. I was worried she'd go silent for months, but nope! Her latest posts are good and she sounds "honest, capable."  :kiss2:

I'm hoping the social media storm will calm, because frankly there are way more important things to be focusing on, and in the future, when there are articles about her, it'll turn into 1-2 lines at most, like: "Del Rey was accused of racism following a controversial IG post. She later posted support of BLM and repeatedly denied allegations of racism." And then she won a bunch of Grammys and had a kid and two cats in the yard, THE END.  

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

I don’t think Lana’s racist at all (she’s ignorant tho), but this “she has black friends” argument I’ve been seeing a lot on here needs to stop. It’s not that black and white. (no pun intended)

I agree with you. She’s « ignorant » (as I am, honestly) probably because the POC around her are mainly musicians (from what we see in her socials) and « made it ». It’s easy to think that the world is exactly the same as your entourage, we all fall into that trap.

People: nOt tHe TiMe to ReLeaSe a sOnG KaRen. 

Well actually, there's some sort of music industry social media blackout happening today. If I understand correctly, musicians etc should not post anything about their work, lives, seflies, etc today in a show of solidarity. 

So pleeeeeeeease shut up today Lanz

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

If she posted what she donated, people would say it was not enough...or if it was a bazillion dollars and they couldn't say that, THEN they would say she was showing off her wealth and privilege, or something. :facepalm:

I'm torn between feeling nervous every time she posts and glad she hasn't let the bastards get her down. I was worried she'd go silent for months, but nope! Her latest posts are good and she sounds "honest, capable." :kiss2:

I'm hoping the social media storm will calm, because frankly there are way more important things to be focusing on, and in the future, when there are articles about her, it'll turn into 1-2 lines at most, like: "Del Rey was accused of racism following a controversial IG post. She later posted support of BLM and repeatedly denied allegations of racism." And then she won a bunch of Grammys and had a kid and two cats in the yard, THE END.

I don’t even think that the social media storm surrounding her is that big, honestly. In the national media, artists in general don’t weigh that much at the moment, and we’re talking about one celebrity who is being unfairly « torn down » on Twitter (told y’a: no matter what she posts, they tear her down). The fandoms will calm down. And honestly, this speaks tons: to focus on one celebrity when the picture is clearly bigger is a fucking waste of time and speaks tons about those people’s motivations on the matter. (Not talking about any of us here, but of the other fandoms that attack her).

Lana’s left the comment under Cardi B’s lastest insta post „Luv u cardi”. Idk why but this is kinda funny.

not cardi  :facepalm: if i had to guess why, i'd say that maybe cardi was the only person who messaged her after the other controversy and didnt drag her 

also please God dont let cardi be in COCC 

Edited by WildMustang

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

This is a much better statement. Wish she'd started with this. But in the context of her comments over the last week or so it's still trying to minimize her missteps and deny her belligerence and initial inability to listen. Still too focused on receiving criticism. And I'm not criticizing her for this, everyone's doing it, but the issue of posting pictures of even peaceful protesters is a real one given police use of facial recognition and our history of police and FBI targeting activists. Many privacy advocates would tell you not to do it without significantly degrading image quality or blurring faces.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

the "open your purse" comments really get on my nerves... she's under no obligation to prove to anybody that she donated money, and i'm assuming she already has. if she did post that she donated, people would think she is showing off and just doing it to make herself look good, but if she doesn't post about it, people would assume she didn't donate at all, and that she hasn't done enough. i guess her donations are only valid if she chooses to broadcast it to the world. 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

it's not about her not being able to criticize black people, it's that calling out Kanye was an easy move. it's very similar to when people call Trump "a cheeto." it's surface-level and makes it seem like you have no understanding of real issues. people were already hating on Kanye and Trump. it's easy to call someone else out when everybody else is doing it. calling out someone who thinks we should abolish the 13th Amendment is easy. Addressing why Kanye wanted to change the language of the 13th Amendment and prison reform is a bit more difficult to address though. She didn't do anything

from the comments, articles and other sources I've seen they had a problem with her because she never openly took any political stand (which is wrong) and her allegedly first move was against a black person / Kanye. Trying to not go too off topic here, but I always thought it was ridiculous, because I was under the impression she said something because they were somewhat acquainted. Whether her callout was right or wrong - I don't have an opinion on that I was just replying to the person I quoted - just because it may have been an easy move, doesn't mean it was a racist one but people jumped on that racist thing real quick just because Kanye is black and Lana is white, fabricating all kinds of stories and spreading misinformation about her.

not cardi  :facepalm: if i had to guess why, i'd say that maybe cardi was the only person who messaged her after the other controversy and didnt drag her 

also please God dont let cardi be in COCC 

don't jinx it

from the comments, articles and other sources I've seen they had a problem with her because she never openly took any political stand (which is wrong) and her allegedly first move was against a black person / Kanye. Trying to not go too off topic here, but I always thought it was ridiculous, because I was under the impression she said something because they were somewhat acquainted. Whether her callout was right or wrong - I don't have an opinion on that I was just replying to the person I quoted - just because it may have been an easy move, doesn't mean it was a racist one but people jumped on that racist thing real quick just because Kanye is black and Lana is white, fabricating all kinds of stories and spreading misinformation about her.

don't jinx it

There's definitely a valid point in considering why she chose to attack /Kanye/ instead of white famous Trump supporters. Yes, Kanye was in the news, yes she knows Kanye, but there's also a possible racial element and seeing Kanye as a "traitor" siding with Trump to try and get some personal points in while stepping on other people to get there. There's more complexities to it than "white person criticised black person therefore racist." There's a long history of tensions between white women and black people politically, particularly in America, and particularly involving attacking, criticising, and even sabotaging each other and each other's political movements and gains instead of focusing on the white men in charge and their white male supporters.

locals only

This is a much better statement. Wish she'd started with this. But in the context of her comments over the last week or so it's still trying to minimize her missteps and deny her belligerence and initial inability to listen. Still too focused on receiving criticism. And I'm not criticizing her for this, everyone's doing it, but the issue of posting pictures of even peaceful protesters is a real one given police use of facial recognition and our history of police and FBI targeting activists. Many privacy advocates would tell you not to do it without significantly degrading image quality or blurring faces.

This exactly. I don’t care what criticisms she’s facing on twitter or insta when I’m watching protesters of systemic racism and police murder be tear gassed and maimed by rubber bullets that the UK made to brutalize the Northern Ireland protesters in the 70s. This is so serious and if your words get twisted THAT easily that means u weren’t clear enough tbfh. She should have de-centred herself.

I have gold in my veins

There's definitely a valid point in considering why she chose to attack /Kanye/ instead of white famous Trump supporters. Yes, Kanye was in the news, yes she knows Kanye, but there's also a possible racial element and seeing Kanye as a "traitor" siding with Trump to try and get some personal points in while stepping on other people to get there. There's more complexities to it than "white person criticised black person therefore racist." There's a long history of tensions between white women and black people politically, particularly in America, and particularly involving attacking, criticising, and even sabotaging each other and each other's political movements and gains instead of focusing on the white men in charge and their white male supporters.

You made some very good points and I admit, as an asian person from Europe I perceive these Black/White issues and topics in America differently than the people who are actually involved. I'm just recognizing a trend on social media to label everyone as a racist as soon as different ethnicities come into play, even though may not even be a racial issue in the first place. While I do understand why people have very strong feelings about this topic I also try to offer a third view, one that is not as heatedly involved and maybe be a bit more neutral than the white american vs. black american. Side note, America wouldn't probably be in half of this mess if it handled and processed it's history differently.

From my perspective, I never really perceived Lana as a racist. Maybe ignorant and awkward from time to time but nothing bad enough to justify all the hate she gets now and I suspect most of the harsh criticism she gets is because she's white. And yes, while there may be some underlying racial elements as to why she picked Kanye, imo it takes a lot more than that to actually qualify as a racist - at least in her case. She may've been an opportunist but I never saw her as a racist.

https://www.newson6.com/story/5ed56521311afe409f0454b9/tulsa-mayor-agrees-to-not-renew-live-pd-contract-after-meeting-with-protest-organizers haven't seen anyone mention this yet so I'll stick it here. "A woodworker doesn't a good man make, if he wants his work to be on TV."

You made some very good points and I admit, as an asian person from Europe I perceive these Black/White issues and topics in America differently than the people who are actually involved. I'm just recognizing a trend on social media to label everyone as a racist as soon as different ethnicities come into play, even though may not even be a racial issue in the first place. While I do understand why people have very strong feelings about this topic I also try to offer a third view, one that is not as heatedly involved and maybe be a bit more neutral than the white american vs. black american. Side note, America wouldn't probably be in half of this mess if it handled and processed it's history differently.

From my perspective, I never really perceived Lana as a racist. Maybe ignorant and awkward from time to time but nothing bad enough to justify all the hate she gets now and I suspect most of the harsh criticism she gets is because she's white. And yes, while there may be some underlying racial elements as to why she picked Kanye, imo it takes a lot more than that to actually qualify as a racist - at least in her case. She may've been an opportunist but I never saw her as a racist.

Yeah I don't see her as a foaming-at-the-mouth racist or that she's aware of how or why what she's done has been perceived that way. She's definitely ignorant (as we've seen) and doesn't like to be called out on her ignorance (as we've also seen), and I can't really blame black people for not giving her the benefit of the doubt and believing her when she says she has good intentions. Hopefully the whole looter video thing will make her sit back and realise some things and how dangerous well-intentioned ignorance can be. But who knows.

locals only

Her newest posts are great and everyone complaining further just wants to hate her at this point. The protestors in the pics are wearing masks and it's a peaceful protest, so don't start pretending those pictures shouldn't be posted. And people saying "show your purse" are just next level stupid. Her post said she's doing other things as well, we can assume she's donating. People who feel the need to show how much money they gave on social media may be donating for the wrong reasons.