LDRO

Instagram Updates

that's what im tryna say. if i really wanted to be unnecessarily nit picky i'd go after her head piece from the paradise tour for being taken from south asian culture. but i'm not doing that. it's just that she has an obvious obsession for latina culture in particular that makes the recent look jump out

hey jw what head piece was that? she wore a diff one for every show so i can’t recall

Ok, but this response to the angry tweet (with all the images of Lana not GAF) is hilarious and I want to save it to use for everything on the internet (not just Lana-related things): 

News: Hoes Mad! :thumb3:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

how is it cultural appropriation if street gangs and criminals wore it? isnt cultural appropriation kept for like actual cultures? like japanese culture, african american culture, etc. ???

giphy.gif

how is it cultural appropriation if street gangs and criminals wore it? isnt cultural appropriation kept for like actual cultures? like japanese culture, african american culture, etc. ???

Scottish culture: black pudding, haggis, kilts 

British culture: scones, fish and chips, bowl hats

French culture: cheese, wine, lace aprons

Every country has culture 

It would be fair to say that most European countries don't have AS MUCH culture as others considering we've unfairly colonised a lot of shit, but the traditional culture is still there regardless.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

imagine gatekeeping a flannel style when you could bring attention to bigger things. 

idgaf

twitters idea of educating people is attacking them in hopes of "26.4K Retweets 108.4K Likes"

it's an american subculture. kind of like how black american culture is different from African culture, but it's still a valid culture with racial implications 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

And I thought it was insanity how people were losing their minds over her looks and weight yesterday, only to wake up to people now losing their minds over her plaid shirt. :flutter:

white people be like " omg blm of course i care about racism. im trying my hardest to be a good ally <3" and then poc tell them they have a problem with something and then they're like "UGH so we can't do anything?? i hate sjws". not naming names or talking about any specific circumstance just a general observation  :hooker:

Nah I just think it’s a reach to say she was appropriating a culture because she buttoned up a plaid shirt and wore hoop earrings. If it was blatant appropriation I wouldn’t defend her but this is so subtle and people are just trying to find a reason to hate on her right now.

And I thought it was insanity how people were losing their minds over her looks and weight yesterday, only to wake up to people now losing their minds over her plaid shirt. :flutter:

Welcome to Lanaboards

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

white people be like " omg blm of course i care about racism. im trying my hardest to be a good ally <3" and then poc tell them they have a problem with something and then they're like "UGH so we can't do anything?? i hate sjws". not naming names or talking about any specific circumstance just a general observation  :hooker:

I gave legitimate receipts regarding the origins of plaid shirts and why plaid shirts don't actually 'belong' to Latinx culture. What did you bring to the table?

With that being said, I do believe in calling out people for using things from other people's cultures, but this hate for Lana wearing a button done up on her shirt is nitpicking and downright ridiculous. 

If you care so much, why are you here? Why do you continue to stan a woman who wore Native American attire in one of her music videos? You're giving everyone else shit when you're no better.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I gave legitimate receipts regarding the origins of plaid shirts and why plaid shirts don't actually 'belong' to Latinx culture. What did you bring to the table?

She could be wearing full out chola attire with a bandana top, black lined lips and everything and we could sit here and talk about how bandanas are actually from India and eye liner and hoops are from the middle east and a various amounts of culture use these items in different ways. Almost anything and everything could arguably be from various different cultures. But if we use a little common sense it's obvious where ms. Del Reys inspiration is coming from

You really been here for like 5 hours arguing back and forth about a plaid shirt and talking shit....... your mind!

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

I understand where everyone is coming from. she does have a past of using latinx culture as an aesthetic. and brown men and women who wear cholo/a style are often associated with gangs, drugs, violence, where she can do it and be trendy and fashionable. I don't think it's worth getting super heated over, but it's just an observation into how celebrities are able to pick and choose aspects of minority cultures for their own liking

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

You really been here for like 5 hours arguing back and forth about a plaid shirt and talking shit....... your mind!

ugh you're right i keep forgetting about my decision to give up on white people