LDRO

Instagram Updates

13 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

because she doesn't have a mask??? anyone with a brain could've just assumed she took it off for the photo. :toofunny: like i get it, she wore a mesh mask.... but still... :toofunny: 

13 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

I was one of the first people to drag her (on here) for the mesh mask but dragging her for this is just stupid. As others have said, she likely took it off for the selfie.

Not to mention that that person obviously asked HER to take the pic and not vice versa, so if she was just walking along minding her own business OUTDOORS away from others then she didn't really need to wear one (unless it's mandatory in Texas).

I come from a maskless state in a country far away, so idk what the mask etiquette is surrounding walking around outside, or if she was near other people or whatever the fuck, but yeah.

yeah the mesh mask thing was.... not it :toofunny: see here in the UK - idk how it is over in the states - you're not really expected to wear a mask when you're outdoors (as in, not in a closed area such as a shop or public transport or whatever) so im not sure if its seen necessary to wear one when you're just out in the street? im not anti-mask or anything, just a little confused

howeverrrrr a lot of ppl were actually dragging her for the "honky tonk herd"/"honky tonk hero" (i believe its the latter) cap :flop: 

Wq9zHLl.jpg

4 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

yeah the mesh mask thing was.... not it :toofunny: see here in the UK - idk how it is over in the states - you're not really expected to wear a mask when you're outdoors (as in, not in a closed area such as a shop or public transport or whatever) so im not sure if its seen necessary to wear one when you're just out in the street? im not anti-mask or anything, just a little confused

howeverrrrr a lot of ppl were actually dragging her for the "honky tonk herd"/"honky tonk hero" (i believe its the latter) cap :flop: 

what does "honky tonk" mean? i've never heard of that before.

WGe8ynS.gif

4 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

not american so i could v much get this wrong! honky tonk i believe is a style of kinda ragtime music, but its my understanding that the term has a strong association with hillbillies, and i think the term "honkytonk" might also refer to a rough bar filled with rednecks and country folk, as in "lets get down to the honkytonk tonight" or whatever. "honky" of course also means white person, but i think honky and honky tonk might have different connotations - again not 100% sure :)

Wq9zHLl.jpg

4 hours ago, bummersummer said:

just wanna preface this by saying: absolutely no shade towards you here, just sharing my 2 cents on this subject

i kinda hate the notion that kids slow artists down bc of how that almost exclusively applies to female artists; i mean, it never crossed anyone's mind that, idk, hemingway's or, like, mick jagger's careers would be slowed down due to having kids. i'm aware that that does sometimes happen when it comes to women -- some reevaluate their choices & start paying more attention to family than career, others are unable/unwilling to travel as much as before, etc. -- but i also think a big part of it is how motherhood changes our (public AND critics) perception of said women, and how themes associated with their new, more stereotypically "feminine", "softer" lives aren't deemed as interesting or worthy of being explored in art, and that really speaks to how patriarchally-driven all forms of art still are. lana has dealt with this issue all her career -- after all there's a reason why most of her fans are women and/or not straight -- but she managed to carve a niche for herself with a sort of bad/sad girl persona. a much more relevant "question for the culture" would have been why women are so limited re: what they can sing about once they reach a certain age without alienating 90% of their audience OR turning to MOR ~adult contemporary~ adèle-like music in order to keep selling. it's clear that she's struggling with something like this already (a lot of people complain that her music's too slow & contemplative now, with nearly no "bops", & even her die-hard fans complain that she doesn't pay as much attention to aesthetics/looks, don't like her more family&friends-oriented lifestyle, her move to the midwest (cop mistake notwithstanding), etc.) so it's something that must be on her mind to some extent. imo lana's "muse" has always been her personal life (both the real one & the one that goes on inside her head) and idk that she can just put it aside if she does eventually get married / have kids, so it'll be interesting to see how she'll reinvent herself then.

sorry for the tl;dr lol

love this part. so much of her work is idealized and fantasy within her own mind. 

it’s sad to see her struggle with herself on what she wants for her future. does she wants a family life because of societal pressure? fomo? is it biologically driven?

it’s a struggle a lot of women her age have. we really cannot have it all. we can’t be sexual and be mothers. we can’t be career power women and have a happy marriage etc. of course there’s exceptions but there’s a lot of sacrifices made. when the modern family system moved from collectivism towards individualism, women suffered. 

2 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

Yeah, I only thought of Honky Tonk women as in the Rolling Stones song lol and that would be more Carmen/Go-go dancer related:thirst:

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.

On 10/17/2020 at 4:10 AM, Elle said:

I wouldn't make a big deal/suspicion about Clay deactivating his Instagram and removing his tweet about LMLYLAW - he probably just got tired of Lana's fans harassing him :toofunny:

not him retweeting this 

On 10/18/2020 at 1:50 AM, Poor Stacy said:

I get the impression Lana has baby fever. Sorry if that's edgy or something. I just get the vibe that she wants to get married & be a mom. She commented "Love it" 2 days ago on this girl's post about getting pregnant with her friends at the same time ddddddd. 

This is a really unpopular opinion of mine (apologizing in advance for even sharing), but I kinda hate it when artists have kids because I feel like it slows them down - I'm really fascinated by the artist who lives & dies by their muse... But honestly, if a family's what Lana wants, I want her to have that. I find it kind of sad she seems to think it'll be impossible for her.

That's because it's a fact that female artists DO slow down once one of those little brats come into the picture. lol

It's the woman who's doing all the carrying around, pain, weight gain and all the other suffering that comes when having babies. Not the man. This is why many female's in music who have babies take a few years to come back on stage (Kelly, Gwen and Adele are a few examples) and the males in the music biz (Jack White, Neil Young and Eddie Vedder are examples ) can jump on stage any time they want. Men are not the one carrying 50 extra pounds with 10 pounds worth of milk in each tit. Stevie Nicks has spoken about this for 40 plus years in her interviews. She chose her career over having children. She knew once she had a child, her career would be over for her. She has no regrets choosing music over having kids. This is coming straight from Nicks' mouth.

Another one - Joni Mitchell. She had a kid and gave it up for adoption in order to stay in the music business. She never had any other kids. Joni and the kid she gave up for adoption later reunited very well into the kid's adulthood. By all accounts they are "friends" but that's all.

Then there's Beyonce with 3 kids and her career is intact. It also helps that Beyonce has that 'fire', ambition and drive. She worked her ass off to get on that historical Coachella stage. The same with Jlo and Gwen.

It really depends on each woman.

Seeing how Lana's effort for her music career has drastically waned (zero effort on stage, doesn't sing live, dresses like a slob, doesn't care...etc) I think the moment she has a kid, she'll be done with her music career. I can picture her releasing albums and that's about it. Maybe even write songs for other singers and releasing more poetry books etc. Lana is lazy as fuck and doesn't have the same drive Jlo and Beyonce has. No fire. No fucks given. Add a kid in the picture, she'll never leave the house. Someone would need to physically force her out to buy groceries. lol

giphy.gif

I mean kids are such a personal decision, but if she wants to have them then I just hope she has them with someone hinged. I feel like it'd really affect her if she had a kid to some dude and it ended up like a Britney/Kevin Federline situation or something

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

36 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

That's because it's a fact that female artists DO slow down once one of those little brats come into the picture. lol

It's the woman who's doing all the carrying around, pain, weight gain and all the other suffering that comes when having babies. Not the man. This is why many female's in music who have babies take a few years to come back on stage (Kelly, Gwen and Adele are a few examples) and the males in the music biz (Jack White, Neil Young and Eddie Vedder are examples ) can jump on stage any time they want. Men are not the one carrying 50 extra pounds with 10 pounds worth of milk in each tit. Stevie Nicks has spoken about this for 40 plus years in her interviews. She chose her career over having children. She knew once she had a child, her career would be over for her. She has no regrets choosing music over having kids. This is coming straight from Nicks' mouth.

Another one - Joni Mitchell. She had a kid and gave it up for adoption in order to stay in the music business. She never had any other kids. Joni and the kid she gave up for adoption later reunited very well into the kid's adulthood. By all accounts they are "friends" but that's all.

Then there's Beyonce with 3 kids and her career is intact. It also helps that Beyonce has that 'fire', ambition and drive. She worked her ass off to get on that historical Coachella stage. The same with Jlo and Gwen.

Seeing how Lana's effort for her music career has drastically waned (zero effort on stage, doesn't sing live, dresses like a slob, doesn't care...etc) I think the moment she has a kid, she'll be done with her music career. I can picture her releasing albums and that's about it. Maybe even write songs for other singers and releasing more poetry books etc. Lana is lazy as fuck and doesn't have the same drive Jlo and Beyonce has. No fire. No fucks given. Add a kid in the picture, she'll never leave the house. Someone would need to physically force her out to buy groceries. lol

this is so well-written, thank you. absolutely right

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

6 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Sorry but Joni never gave up her child to stay in the music business. She didn’t even start performing or writing music til she was pregnant and it was to make extra money for food because she was— wait for it— pregnant. She had no choice but to give up her child because she had no money or husband and in those days public shaming was a thing. Originally she married Chuck Mitchell so they could adopt her child but then he changed his mind and said he didn’t want to raise another man’s baby, so they got divorced and she started her career. She even said about it “if you make a good marriage, God bless you. If you make a bad marriage, become a philosopher.” That’s what she did, not the other way around. And she said it killed her when she made her fortune because she could finally afford her daughter and it was too late, she had a family. She even said not having her child was the big hole in her life that she tried to fill with songwriting and after she finally reunited with her daughter, her muse went away. She admitted she lost all her inspiration because it was just to fill a void. Yes her art is beautiful and I wouldn’t have wanted an alternate reality without it, but it’s just plain false to claim she chose her career over her child. 

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

17 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Sorry but Joni never gave up her child to stay in the music business. She didn’t even start performing or writing music til she was pregnant and it was to make extra money for food because she was— wait for it— pregnant. She had no choice but to give up her child because she had no money or husband and in those days public shaming was a thing. Originally she married Chuck Mitchell so they could adopt her child but then he changed his mind and said he didn’t want to raise another man’s baby, so they got divorced and she started her career. She even said about it “if you make a good marriage, God bless you. If you make a bad marriage, become a philosopher.” That’s what she did, not the other way around. And she said it killed her when she made her fortune because she could finally afford her daughter and it was too late, she had a family. She even said not having her child was the big hole in her life that she tried to fill with songwriting and after she finally reunited with her daughter, her muse went away. She admitted she lost all her inspiration because it was just to fill a void. Yes her art is beautiful and I wouldn’t have wanted an alternate reality without it, but it’s just plain false to claim she chose her career over her child. 

This is so interesting

33 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Damn. I want to cry 

6 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

giphy.gif

Omg not the gif :lange: this was a brutal drag

18 hours ago, recklessdaughter said:

That's not the story she was sharing in the 80's. Go back 30+ years and read what she said then. That's all I'm saying.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS