LDRO

Instagram Updates

i mean the thing about her potentially/probably changing labels and this being a "reset" (or i guess a reprimand at worst) makes more sense to me than any other reason

do we know what the terms were/are for lana's contract with interscope by any chance?

because if she was just gonna leave like that - i know sis is flaky, but it just does not align with what ben (?) said about her working on something _big_

unless that was just a general comment on his part and not something he shared for our sake necessarily, which tbh, i wouldn't be entirely surprised :rip:

rihKQ8M.gif

1 minute ago, lemonadetan said:

remember earlier when lustforlife said blue banisters is "the end of lana del rey"? i wonder if that her deactivating her social media has something to do with that... 

But where/how would they get that info? :judgingu3:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm still confused by what she means by "we"... WHO'S "WE"? if it was only her deactivating, wouldn't she said "i"? i'm trying not to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything like that but something is off :icant: 

her and her team are deactivating her social medias? i'm guessing that lana isn't the only person to run/have access to her social media, right? i was taking her social medias for granted and not rly following too much but was she ever in the last decade posting promo that felt impersonal ever? 

mUENGN9.png

maybe it's really better for her, that should be good for any human being in the modern world, I can't even imagine for a famous artist. let her take time for herself and feel comfortable when she's more confident. will this time in the dark be frustrating? yes! but I believe she will come back more powerful when she decides

I know I’m going to sound like one of THOSE girls when I say this but I was listening to NFR at work while I was cashiering when she posted that video and The Greatest was quite literally playing when I got the notification and paused my music to listen.  I just realized it because I opened my music and the greatest was on pause and I hadn’t touched my music app since then. Wild. 

1 minute ago, Yosemite said:

Tbh, I think there’s definitely more to it than just “I’m tired of the negativity/want to deactivate bc idc abt stuff like this”. I felt weird watching the video, there was something unsettling to it. As @Arcadia said, I don’t want to be all conspiracy theories on this, bc I have some, but yeah….

On a lighter note: I’ll stop saying bad stuff abt Guns and Roses if it means she’s not deactiving :krylie:

Ya if she was ever going to deactivate due to negativity it would have been last year or during COCC rollout after the album cover and interview debacle

shes had a relatively quiet period since then, like actually no controversies at all in like a year now . It’s weird 

Just now, Greenwich Acid Cherry Pie said:

do we know what the terms were/are for lana's contract with interscope by any chance?

I would assume she signed on for X amount of studio albums. That's how we know M15 has to come out at some point, bc Madonna signed on for a 4 album contract with Interscope (MDNA, RH, MX have been released so far), so I would imagine a similar approach would be taken. 

I don't know the details but would assume, from someone who works with clients/contracts in my own work, Interscope would've wanted to bank on the success of NFR! and likely wanted her to sign a renewed version of her contract. Perhaps she signed on for 2 more albums and that's why COTCC and BB were released so quickly, as they would fulfill her contract. Totally just speculation. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

Deactivating is a bit weird...especially after posting so much recently. Don't wanna become a conspiracy theorist but wonder if the "Capitol" photo got her in trouble with management/her [current] label? 

If not, I could totally understand her handing her social media management to someone else (like TS did) and just using it as a way to announce music and not really be "present". 

capitol records/tap management diss track is coming

WGe8ynS.gif

I'm really sad she's leaving social media but I do agree its probably what's best for her, to have a break from all that.

I am curious about how we're gonna know about future releases now though haha like will it be posted on Ben and Ed's Instagrams or maybe they will send emails? I'm a little worried but I guess we'll find out next month when Blue Banisters gets released