LDRO

Instagram Updates

can't believe she really is leaving social media but i wish her all the best :crai: 

how f*cked up is this world that this feels like she just announced she's gonna die? she's literally only deactivating her socials, she's not out of this world. i'm gonna miss her random unfiltered posts, her false release dates and beautiful selfies! but i'm excited for new mysteries, new art and surprise album drops.

WE LOVE YOU, LANZ ❤️

i think she will most definitely comeback sooner or later... i know i joke a lot about she having no team but i really wish she had a real (good) social media team to post for her instead of deactivating 

16 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

do you think she’ll do a tour again or is she done with that now?

I think she's done with that, but on the other hand, it gives her money, so sooner or later she'll do that. Or not. She's unpredictable at this point. :thumb2:

1 hour ago, Rachel97 said:

I'm not much of a social media person (unless you count here) so I understand her decision. I can't imagine how it must feel like to have that much hate thrown at you, and I guess after a while of having it, you don't really know how to ignore it. Wish all the best for her

Same! If you look at some of the replies under that post, probably from people here, saying they will cancel their order if she leaves socials… I mean, this is the reason why she does it (partly) lol

4 minutes ago, honey is that true said:

I think she's done with that, but on the other hand, it gives her money, so sooner or later she'll do that. Or not. She's unpredictable at this point. :thumb2:

i’ve never seen her live so i’ll literally stop existing if she never tours again 

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

3 minutes ago, honey is that true said:

I see her do some small venues (in LA lol). Maybe a couple of summer festivals. But imagine if she barely tours anymore, if a festival books her for an event how much of an happening it would be. 

12 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

i’ve never seen her live so i’ll literally stop existing if she never tours again 

I hope she'll tour, I want to see her at least one time in my life :rollin:

11 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I see her do some small venues (in LA lol). Maybe a couple of summer festivals. But imagine if she barely tours anymore, if a festival books her for an event how much of an happening it would be. 

Small venues would totally suit her, and I would lost my mind if she did a festival now :oic2:

1 hour ago, Sportscruiser said:

I have a feeling she’s not gonna come back from this decision in the same capacity as we’re used to see her. For someone who’s aching for privacy and reclusiveness as she seems to be, being away from the social media apparatus will do wonders for her and I don’t see her wanting to give that feeling away and going back to the overexposure of the recent years.

If she does come back, I hope she tries the Frank Ocean method: comments limited only to the people she follows, random photos that she feels like sharing, no particular concerns about music promotion. That way she’ll be able to be in touch with her fans without sacrificing her freedom and privacy.

All in all I wish her the best. It feels like the end of an era of some sorts but if it helps her emotionally speaking, that’s all that matters ultimately. I miss the days when she would post a lot less - it felt like she had a healthier relationship with the media and the public. It will be interesting to see where this leads her in the future… hopefully to a brighter, happier place.

Totally forgot that king Frank posts once a year. That made me feel less sad. Hope she’s going to live her life now without this social media mess. I’ve been using the instagram to see her posts only and now maybe I’m going to sign off as well. :fabcat:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

For those asking "how are we going to get updates now???!!"

The way we use to get updates 20 years ago before social media existed - by the artist's official website. Just go to Lana's official website and see if they added updates in there. https://www.lanadelrey.com/homepage/

No biggie.

Also, some of you are getting too hysterical over this. She's not dead nor is she retiring. She's just deactivating and living her life. Believe it or not, social media didn't always exists. Back in the 90's when I was a kid, we got updates straight from the radio, VH1 and MTV.

Lorde and Fiona Apple aren't on social media, and look how well they get their music out there. Nothing to be so worried about.

Exactly! Plus she is still working on an album… it’s just that she doesn’t want the negativity of socials. That decision will surely bring back the mysterious persona of early career that some of us wanted back. When her projects are ready, she will probably reactivate and post about those. Or not. But hey, let’s be real here, it’s not as if she updated us a lot on the process of creation. Without BoZ, this pre-pre-release era would have been dry AF.

Looking back at it, she had « staged » this for quite some time now. It feels as though she was testing the waters in the COCC era. And in the last weeks, she gave us so much gorgeous selfies (and birthday posts :oic2:). Plus Arcadia… Plus yesterday’s Twitter post about recording covers… It def was planned for quite some time now. 

59 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

It's funny you mention that because I'm just now remembering the Bonnaroo cancellation, not to mention the tour cancellation last year just before rona hit. It might not be related but I wonder if she has had this in mind for awhile? Just going off the radar and making music without any fanfare

I just question why she wouldn't just ghost her account - I think there would've been far fewer fan meltdowns, no bitchy articles and she also would've left the door open to just return whenever, without pressure. Although it wasn't her intention, I feel like the video has caused unnecessary drama and attention (which seems to be what she's wanting to avoid?)

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Also, some of you are getting too hysterical over this. She's not dead nor is she retiring. She's just deactivating and living her life. Believe it or not, social media didn't always exists.

I feel like people saying this are not understanding. We are Lana fans, we are used to not knowing anything of her for long periods of time lol. The problem I think is the tone of the video and her slurred speech as someone else noticed. She sounds really sad and her wording basically makes it feel like a goodbye and as if we're not gonna hear from her in a long while, hence why people doubt about her making music even though she repeatedly says she will continue working.

It's normal for her to be emotional on an announcement like this, but not only does she sound sad, it feels like it was not her decision, so people are worried. I think that if the tone was different everyone would be like "well it's sad but we hope it's for the best".

7 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

just question why she wouldn't just ghost her account - I think there would've been far fewer fan meltdowns, no bitchy articles and she also would've left the door open to just return whenever, without pressure. Although it wasn't her intention, I feel like the video has caused unnecessary drama and attention (which seems to be what she's wanting to avoid?)

Probably so she wouldn't make headlines like "Four months since Lana disappeared! No more music?" "Exclusive interviews with Lana's neighbour's dog and second grade classmate reveal she has always been crazy! Singer probably in some clinic in the Bermuda Triangle because she's crazy! We explain her mysterious disappearance!""

EDIT: there was some actor in my country that left social media for like... four or six months? And after a while all magazines had that on the cover because they kept trying to explain where he went. They would just make up stories about his past problems or family issues, and they were always trying to interview his family and friends to see if they would confess where he went and why he had left, with the hopes of it being some "awful" story about rehab or a  mental collapse

Besides the press, she most likely felt like saying a proper goodbye/see you later to her fans and thank us for being with her during the phase that's coming to an end.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

1 hour ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

in january she said that she’s planning a chemtrails tour so i don’t think so

4698aa00f6d7ce1337ab79a011220eb0.gif