LDRO

Instagram Updates

Question to the elitists

Now that Lanaboards users have had number one posts about being elitists - can I please go back to shit posting?

Thanks for reading

happy quarantining 

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to singing about being embodied, feeling beautiful by being in love even if the relationship is not perfect, or dancing for money - or whatever I want -without being crucified or saying that I'm glamorizing abuse??????

Im fed up with female writers and alt singers saying that I glamorize abuse when in reality I'm just a glamorous person singing about the realities of what we are all now seeing are very prevalent emotionally abusive relationships all over the world.

With all of the topics women are finally allowed to explore I just want to say over the last ten years I think it's pathetic that my minor lyrical exploration detailing my sometimes submissive or passive roles in my relationships has often made people say Ive set women back hundreds of years.

Let this be clear, I'm not not a feminist -but there has to be a place in feminism for women who look and act like me - the kind of woman who says no but men hear yes- the kind of women who are slated mercilessly for being their authentic, delicate selves, The kind of women who get their own stories and voices taken away from them by stronger women or by men who hate women.

I've been honest and optimistic about the challenging relationships I've had.

News flash! That's just how it is for many women.

And that was sadly my experience up until the point that those records were made. So I just want to say it's been a long 10 years of bullshit reviews up until recently and I've learned a lot from them

but I also feel it really paved the way for other women to stop

' putting on a happy face' and to just be able to say whatever the hell they wanted to in their music-

unlike my experience where if I even expressed a note of sadness in my first two records I was deemed literally hysterical as though it was literally the 1920s

Anyways none of this has anything to do about much but I'll be detailing some of my feelings in my next two books of poetry (mostly the second one) with Simon and Schuster. Yes I'm still making personal reparations with the proceeds of the books to my choice of Native American foundations which I'm very happy about. And I'm sure there will be tinges of what I've been pondering in my new album that comes out September 5th.

Thanks for reading

Happy quarantining

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

4 minutes ago, turquoisejewel said:

so what? she can't message people now? she can choose to remain in contact with whoever she wants despite certain fans getting jealous it wasn't them :um3: 
anyways, stream arcadia

okay but i never said she wasn’t allowed to do so :awkney:

1 hour ago, House of Balloons said:

no, it’s just super elitist and hypocritical for someone who claims to be staying away from social media.

I don’t mean this in a “dragging” way at all, but how are you defining the word “elitist”? 

Lana providing a handful of fans with contact information isn’t inherently negative—I’d argue that it’s the more responsible decision; I think it would be a bit unreasonable (and likely impossible) for her hold the same level of contact for all of her listeners. 

Also, I don’t really find her using the honeymoon account even remotely hypocritical when you look at her intention of her exiting social media: narrowing the circle of people with access to her life with preference to those she considers friends. Even if she decided to pull a 180 and returned to all social media, she’s allowed to change her mind. 

Her intentions are to protect herself and her privacy, and I think that respecting her self-preservation (even if it means not everyone has equal access to her life) should be the priority. Again, no shade at all—just offering another perspective 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

the only thing i'm mad about her messaging a few fans is that it wasn't me but that's because we've never formed any type of relationship and she has no fuckin clue who i am.

i know there's a lot of random people who have known her for a reallllllly long time, whether it's from college or her days in NYC or they randomly crossed paths at some bar and stayed in touch. if i became famous i would do the same thing and always remember those people and keep in touch with them because they were there since day one.

i also know there's some fans who are more recent she's closer to but that's not in her control or ours. some people have more privilege or money and they're able to travel more to see her shows or maybe they live near her and always showing up where she shows up. 

none of it is our control. lana is so grateful for her fans she always has beeen and at her shows is so personable unlike so many artists so let's just control what we can and the rest baby is just the way the universe rolls. 

faSE.gif

28 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I don’t mean this in a “dragging” way at all, but how are you defining the word “elitist”? 

Lana providing a handful of fans with contact information isn’t inherently negative—I’d argue that it’s the more responsible decision; I think it would be a bit unreasonable (and likely impossible) for her hold the same level of contact for all of her listeners. 

Also, I don’t really find her using the honeymoon account even remotely hypocritical when you look at her intention of her exiting social media: narrowing the circle of people with access to her life with preference to those she considers friends. Even if she decided to pull a 180 and returned to all social media, she’s allowed to change her mind. 

Her intentions are to protect herself and her privacy, and I think that respecting her self-preservation (even if it means not everyone has equal access to her life) should be the priority. Again, no shade at all—just offering another perspective

i’m glad that you’re actually opening your mind to this rather than just opting for the useless touch some grass. anyway, i’m not saying she should try to contact every single one of her fans, i’m saying she shouldn’t at all, that would be the responsible decision to make out of the three imo. her personally picking a couple of fans out of many and offering them exclusive privileges (that they brag about too) is the definition of elitism. i also know it can be explained as her trying to keep her circle tight but that doesn’t mean it can’t be interpreted the other way too (even if that wasn’t her intention). 

the HM account is hypocritical to me because she pushed the narrative that she needs a break from the public eye and focus on other skills and hobbies or whatever yet she just can’t seem to get away from social media, no matter how hard she tries. so what’s the point? she should just come back to her official account full time rather than reactivating/deactivating/publicizing HM/privatizing it again/other clownery she’ll manage to do in the future

some people will get offended & over-anaylze EVERYTHING and it's a huge problem nowadays with people, as well as throwing around certain words when it's so obvious that they have no idea what they mean, lana deactivates her main instagram, with the intention of keeping her circle small & respecting her own privacy, she decides to open up her private instagram, which she hasn't touched since 2018, for a few minutes to share some cute photos and give people the opportunity to follow it, but why should we assume she meant closing off all social media altogether? her honeymoon account was inactive for years and only true fans really know about it, is it a tiny hypocritical that she's active on another account when she said she'd be taking a break from social media? perhaps, and maybe it may feel unfair to some people that she only opened the account for a few minutes, or that she has closer connections to certain fans, but at the end of the day these are very miniscule things and they really should not affect you, it's an instagram page, that's all it is, it isn't an obligation on her end to have all of her fans follow a private account, neither does she have to stay 100% true to absolutely everything she says, especially when it's something as simple as posting on instagram :bye: 

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

i’m glad that you’re actually opening your mind to this rather than just opting for the useless touch some grass. anyway, i’m not saying she should try to contact every single one of her fans, i’m saying she shouldn’t at all, that would be the responsible decision to make out of the three imo. her personally picking a couple of fans out of many and offering them exclusive privileges (that they brag about too) is the definition of elitism. i also know it can be explained as her trying to keep her circle tight but that doesn’t mean it can’t be interpreted the other way too (even if that wasn’t her intention). 

the HM account is hypocritical to me because she pushed the narrative that she needs some a break from the public eye and focus on other skills and hobbies or whatever yet she just can’t seem to get away from social media, no matter how hard she tries. so what’s the point? she should just come back to her official account full time rather than reactivating/deactivating/publicizing HM/privatizing it again/other clownery she’ll manage to do in the future

You really need to drop ‘elitism’ because you aren’t using it properly at all, and that’s not what this is. This is all super dramatic over Lana hand picking a couple fans and using an account she’s had for 6 years. Using the honeymoon account is going to help her connect with her fans while avoiding the hate. I’m really sorry you didn’t follow it in time, but your reaction is quite literally why she’s avoiding social media. You’re calling her an elitist and hypocritical for…what exactly? It’s not like she bragged about reaching out to the fans and said ‘fu’ to everyone else

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Niko Dealergo said:

You really need to drop ‘elitism’ because you aren’t using it properly at all, and that’s not what this is. This is all super dramatic over Lana hand picking a couple fans and using an account she’s had for 6 years. Using the honeymoon account is going to help her connect with her fans while avoiding the hate. I’m really sorry you didn’t follow it in time, but your reaction is quite literally why she’s avoiding social media. You’re calling her an elitist and hypocritical for…what exactly? It’s not like she bragged about reaching out to the fans and said ‘fu’ to everyone else

i’m not calling her hypocritical or an elitist, it’s just that her actions tend to come off that way regardless of her true intentions. and this isn’t about me not getting to follow her or whatever, i already explained that it doesn’t matter either way because the pictures are available to see elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

i’m not calling her hypocritical or an elitist, it’s just that her actions tend to come off that way regardless of her true intentions.

if 2 + 2 is 4 and 5 + 5 is 10…

5 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

i’m not calling her hypocritical or an elitist, it’s just that her actions tend to come off that way regardless of her true intentions. and this isn’t about me not getting to follow her or whatever, i already explained that it doesn’t matter either way because the pictures are available to see elsewhere. 

just because you think she's be hypocritical or "elitist" doesn't mean she is, or that majority of people will feel that way, at the end of the day, it really is not a big deal at all, it's an instagram page, it's a few fans who have a close connection with her, why does it matter? there's seriously more important issues to worry about, this is exactly the issue with a lot of lana del rey fans or just her critics in general, they over-anaylze & over-criticize everything she does when she didn't mean anything wrong, it's really not that deep

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, Surf Noir said:

just because you think she's be hypocritical or "elitist" doesn't mean she is, or that majority of people will feel that way, at the end of the day, it really is not a big deal at all, it's an instagram page, it's a few fans who have a close connection with her, why does it matter? there's seriously more important issues to worry about, this is exactly the issue with a lot of lana del rey fans or just her critics in general, they over-anaylze & over-critize everything she does when she didn't mean anything wrong

this is a discussion board about lana del rey where we discuss everything about lana del rey including lana del rey’s social media activity. why are you expecting me to worry about ‘seriously more important issues’ here out of all places? :awkney:

10 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

this is a discussion board about lana del rey where we discuss everything about lana del rey including lana del rey’s social media activity. why are you expecting me to worry about ‘seriously more important issues’ here out of all places? :awkney:

but you're talking about how lana's being hypocritical & elitist over the fact that she has closer connections to certain fans & what not, i guess you have a point that we have the right to discuss her, and saying "seriously more important issues" is a bit redundant when we're on a lana del rey forum, i just don't see what the issue is, there's a lot more prevelant examples of elitism in the world besides lana's instagram, which affects nobody, i personally don't think it's worth complaining about, i do honestly see why it could be bothersome if a singer is close to a select few fans and offers them her phone number or whatever it may be, so i do understand your point of view a little bit

WGe8ynS.gif