LDRO

Instagram Updates

11 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

i’m from Memphis, and that water is VERY dangerous. people have died trying to swim in the mississippi river. it is not a calm river by any means. 

also Jeff Buckley who she LOVES died in memphis in the River… maybe she’s trying to feel jeff’s spirit or just inspired and dangerous. much to question. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Buckley#Death

There are important differences between her swimming and his (other than he died from his). She approaches the river in a swimsuit (Jeff swam with his clothes on). So, there is a kind of premeditation, or personal symbolism, behind her swimming.  Also, "Mississippi 0 --- Lana 1" could indirectly reference JB quite a bit, as in blaming Mississippi (River) for JB's death. The river is, if not dangerous to her, at least adversarial. So, there's kind of a defiance vibe to her swimming, too. Hopefully, the celebrity-fixated media ignores the dark overtones in her references and just fixates on the fact that she's wearing a bathing suit (and what type it is), as they usually do.

Fun Fact: I learned from the Wikipedia article that "Gods and Monsters" was the name of an NYC band Jeff was with briefly (and then left suddenly, somewhat capriciously?).

2 hours ago, slang said:

There are important differences between her swimming and his (other than he died from his). She approaches the river in a swimsuit (Jeff swam with his clothes on). So, there is a kind of premeditation, or personal symbolism, behind her swimming.  Also, "Mississippi 0 --- Lana 1" could indirectly reference JB quite a bit, as in blaming Mississippi (River) for JB's death. The river is, if not dangerous to her, at least adversarial. So, there's kind of a defiance vibe to her swimming, too. Hopefully, the celebrity-fixated media ignores the dark overtones in her references and just fixates on the fact that she's wearing a bathing suit (and what type it is), as they usually do.

Fun Fact: I learned from the Wikipedia article that "Gods and Monsters" was the name of an NYC band Jeff was with briefly (and then left suddenly, somewhat capriciously?).

i’m glad you pointed out the fact that jeff buckley was in a band called “gods & monsters”, it doesn’t seem like many people are aware of that & i’ve always found it interesting 

WGe8ynS.gif

2 hours ago, slang said:

lana irl: im gonna swim in this river for the gram lol :magikarp:

2 hours ago, slang said:

Maybe "Mississippi: 0 - Lana:1" means Mississippi river aint got shit on her & couldnt consume her. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

OMG NOOOOO :(

they broke up ? why else would he delete :/

He probably got annoyed because of all the Lana stans that were harassing him. Or Lana asked him to delete it because of all the attention it was getting. 

14 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

He probably got annoyed because of all the Lana stans that were harassing him. Or Lana asked him to delete it because of all the attention it was getting. 

maybe but at this point the picture was everywhere and turned into a meme 

he doesn't seem like the kind of person to care 

Just now, paradisetropico said:

He deleted the photos yesterday already, Lana and him were together in Memphis so I doubt they broke up.

11 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

I’m sure that if Lana asked him to take it down, he would. Plus he deleted some comments from Lana stans in his most recent post, so it does seem to bother him. I think they are fine though. He liked her posts from yesterday after he had already deleted it.