LDRO

Instagram Updates

You have no right to call anyone an ignorant. You obviously think you're so knowledgeable and superior to other Lana fans.

When did you start listening to her?

who is asking anyone to censor themselves except the people telling me to shut up with my analysis? i never said anything about that, and it's a bad faith argument to pretend anyone here is saying "you are not allowed to express yourself!!!" ... anyone can do what they want, but you have to allow people to respond how they want. you can talk about whatever you want, and people can respond however they want. idk where this idea that people arent allowed to say some shit comes in. if you talk about something in an ignorant way, like Lana does and has, someone may use their freedom to express themselves to express their issues with whatever. it goes both ways.

as for what you want to make art about, i've heard a common phrase "write what you know"... you dont have to follow this, whatever. but people say that because you are going to have the most meaningful perspective about something you know that affects you. if youre writing about something youve never experienced, what are you bringing to the table regarding those experiences? it comes with the potential of backlash from people who do have those experiences / think youve got it wrong / or whatever the case may be. do what you will, but be aware that the rest of the world will do what they will as well.

i mean this in the most respectful and genuine way

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Yes eat it up sheep that is obviously what is going on here. People have no idea or imagination do they?

sheep-closeup-eating-grass.jpg

that photo is too cute

I just wish they leave Lana in peace to create, and she's a genius at that.

A lot of things said here are fucking evil and hurtful.

You are quite right.

I only come here for the free beer and the Wi-Fi.

Ok, sometimes the free Dorito chips too ! :teehee:

But I cannot be considered a hater or opportunist, I actually love her music. Her voice is a delight to my ears and some times my heart.

Her face is cute and I admire her stylish ways. She is still sexy after all these years (to my eyes).

What she does with her personal life is all up to her. Be it cool or crazy, smart or bizarre, funny or sad.

She is a free woman and can very well enjoy her life. I don´t care what she does and sometimes I don´t even understand some of it.

I don´t follow her on Tweeter or Instagram or whatever, so I cannot be considred a serious fan, I am just a good admirer of her musical style.

So, I do not think everyone in this forum is , or has become, too crazy.

- Trust me, I have been in the craziest of forums before, which I will not mention by name here in public, due to the FBI coming knocking on our doors once. :P Its still part of the internet legend.

LANABOARDS is not one of these.

Here, It is just a few people like to express themselves, in a diferent way, but no one needs to take their words to heart. It´s just words of opinion written on

a post like the other billions of posts made everyday - in every other forum on this planet.

Wilde_Child don´t get upset about it.

Bebe uma caipirinha e fica tudo bem outra vez :)

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

This place is forever ruined.

If it's soooo distressing for you - and clearly it is, given your frequent meltdowns - then why are you still here? 

I don't get it. Scrolling on, blocking and/or leaving are all options, sis. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

You have no right to call anyone an ignorant. You obviously think you're so knowledgeable and superior to other Lana fans.

When did you start listening to her?

can you pls point out where i was ignorant or acting superior to anyone?  so sorry that standing up for adequate acknowledgment of the struggles of indigenous people by an actually ignorant rich artist with a massive platform and history of racist bullshit is so troubling to you.  do you have an opinion of your own you'd like to share, or just more whining about other people's?

I just wish they leave Lana in peace to create, and she's a genius at that.

A lot of things said here are fucking evil and hurtful.

Really ?!  you are upset about my post ?

I thought I wrote something witty, and meaningful, so you would understand and not get mad at everyone.

What part does it upset you ? 

What have I said that is so " fucking evil and hurtful " ?

Please, read what I wrote again.

If you need me to translate it to your language, I can also do that.

maxthehitman, on 03 Mar 2020 - 01:50 AM, said:

snapback.png

You are quite right.

I only come here for the free beer and the Wi-Fi.

Ok, sometimes the free Dorito chips too !  :teehee:

But I cannot be considered a hater or opportunist, I actually love her music. Her voice is a delight to my ears and some times my heart.

Her face is cute and I admire her stylish ways. She is still sexy after all these years (to my eyes).

What she does with her personal life is all up to her. Be it cool or crazy, smart or bizarre, funny or sad. 

She is a free woman and can very well enjoy her life. I don´t care what she does and sometimes I don´t even understand some of it.

I don´t follow her on Tweeter or Instagram or whatever, so I cannot be considred a serious fan, I am just a good admirer of her musical style.

So, I do not think everyone in this forum is , or has become, too crazy.

- Trust me, I have been in the craziest of forums before, which I will not mention by name here in public, due to the FBI coming knocking on our doors once.  :P Its still part of the internet legend.

LANABOARDS is not one of these.

Here, It is just a few people like to express themselves, in a diferent way, but no one needs to take their words to heart. It´s just words of opinion written on 

a post like the other billions of posts made everyday - in every other forum on this planet.

Wilde_Child don´t get upset about it. 

Bebe uma caipirinha e fica tudo bem outra vez 

-

I daresay there's only one person who's the problem here, and that person needs to either take their complaints to DMs rather than repeatedly derailing threads, or (preferably) get a grip and get over it. 

No, no, mate, I was not referring to you about the evil and hurtful things said. I meant I react like that because of stuff people go on about which are not truthful.

Lana is a good soul and she deserves love, not negative criticism. She gives us so many beautiful things.

I liked your post, you're not judgemental.

Really ?! you are upset about my post ?

I thought I wrote something witty, and meaningful, so you would understand and not get mad at everyone.

What part does it upset you ?

What have I said that is so " fucking evil and hurtful " ?

Please, read what I wrote again.

If you need me to translate it to your language, I can also do that.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

No, no, mate, I was not referring to you about the evil and hurtful things said. I meant I react like that because of stuff people go on about which are not truthful.

Lana is a good soul and she deserves love, not negative criticism. She gives us so many beautiful things.

I appreciate that you feel very strongly about this but given that criticism of any kind upsets you so much, I don't think threads and spaces that are built for discussion (and therefore lead to criticism) are the healthiest place for you if you can't engage in conversations without being so upset by the criticism and attacking the character of those who give it.

locals only

I don't know you so I can't judge you but the way you refer to Lana is very disrespectful, you seem to want to prove what her real intentions are, but you can't. Lana does not try to take advantage of any minorities, she writes how things feel to her, many songs are autobiographical. I don't feel she tries to take advantage of native Americans culturally.

You mention the Amazonian indigenous people.

I have native Brazilian indigenous blood from my grandmother and I can say I don't feel offended by Lana at all.

can you pls point out where i was ignorant or acting superior to anyone? so sorry that standing up for adequate acknowledgment of the struggles of indigenous people by an actually ignorant rich artist with a massive platform and history of racist bullshit is so troubling to you. do you have an opinion of your own you'd like to share, or just more whining about other people's?

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Oh really? I'm the problem because I stick up for Lana?

If anyone can say what they want, so can I but don't worry, this forum is no longer a safe place for me, I don't plan on engaging on future threads.

I apologised to you but you seem to hold a grudge against me, it's not my problem anymore.

I daresay there's only one person who's the problem here, and that person needs to either take their complaints to DMs rather than repeatedly derailing threads, or (preferably) get a grip and get over it.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

If anyone can say what they want, so can I but don't worry, this forum is no longer a safe place for me, I don't plan on engaging on future threads.

I apologised to you but you seem to hold a grudge against me, it's not my problem anymore.

damn ma is is that serious

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I don't know you so I can't judge you but the way you refer to Lana is very disrespectful, you seem to want to prove what her real intentions are, but you can't. Lana does not try to take advantage of any minorities, she writes how things feel to her, many songs are autobiographical. I don't feel she tries to take advantage of native Americans culturally.

You mention the Amazonian indigenous people.

I have native Brazilian indigenous blood from my grandmother and I can say I don't feel offended by Lana at all.

disrespectful bc i called her a racist for passingly referring to native american issues and donning a headdress but ignoring the enduring history of colonialism?  i dont presume to know Lana's intentions.  did you even read my post?

that's great ab your heritage, and indigenous people are not a monolith, as im sure you know.  how do you feel ab the continued environmental destruction of indigenous land, disproportionately high imprisonment of native people, blind eyes turned to missing and murdered indigenous women/girls/two spirit people, rejection of tribal sovereignty, etc?  do you think enough is being done in the world to combat the continued degradation of indigenous people and sustainable lifestyles?  this is a genuine question.  i really dont expect Lana to do anything, but i think its disrespectful af for her to bring up native issues then only barely scratch the surface of whats really going on there when its a really dire situation that the fate of our entire planet depends on.

i really am not trying to fight with you so im gonna take a break from the shadiness.  i care ab what happens to this planet.  i care ab indigenous people and everything they have faced at the hands of colonists and destructive industry.  i care about people who continue to get sidelined and marginalized and ignored.  and i wish anyone with a platform would do more about it, because people with money, fame, and power are the ones who actually have the potential to make real change.  i know that criticizing lana on a forum isnt really doing anything about any of these issues, but i have a lot of feelings, and these are my opinions of Lana's poetry or whatever that she shares for the world to see.  i used to really respect her as an artist and think she was capable of a lot more.  but i dont have to only have positive thoughts and glowing reviews of her work.  thats not my responsibility

back to the shadiness:

i hope all your sycophantic respect for Lana really pays off when she reads these threads and sends you VIP tickets to the next show she cancels.

Yeah nobody's saying you can't "say what you want" but all you do is whine about other people, whilst contributing nothing else. Build a bridge, sis. 

You also seem to imagine shit that does not exist, like grudges. You are the one who comes for everyone else, not the other way around. Don't dish it if you can't take it. 

OK, cool

Lets have a drink and be happy t0330.gif

Let´s forget about it, no problem.

-