LDRO

Instagram Updates

What any of this has to do with Instagram...? Entertaining though it is! :popcorn:

Anyway, on her Insta, the pic she just posted of Chuck is super pretty.  :wub:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

so as soon as Lana posts on IG, all these sexy bots comment about needing a man or how no one thinks they are pretty and then people comment back being mean to the bots and i know they're just bots, but the people who reply are just really ruthless and it feels very unnecessary. it makes me feel bad for the bots

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

she could use her voice to do something about covid.. in every interview she says she loves science but where are her when science need powerful influence voices? Watch this girl doing another tragedy theme without do anything to help :poordat:

What can she do? There's nothing she can do that anyone else hasn't already. We don't need another thousand celebrities trying to tell us to stay home. We already know *yawn* it's getting tired and old at this point hearing every celebrity broken record each other

I'm glad she's been silent. It only means she's working on something, she does this every time she starts working on something. Who knows, it might be the next record that she's already teased a couple times or the book, etc. She's got her hands in a lot of projects right now. I'm doing the same thing she's probably doing -- staying home or close with a few family or friends and working overtime from home to have more stuff complete while there's nowhere to go or nothing to do. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

What can she do? There's nothing she can do that anyone else hasn't already. We don't need another thousand celebrities trying to tell us to stay home. We already know *yawn* it's getting tired and old at this point hearing every celebrity broken record each other

I'm glad she's been silent. It only means she's working on something, she does this every time she starts working on something. Who knows, it might be the next record that she's already teased a couple times or the book, etc. She's got her hands in a lot of projects right now. I'm doing the same thing she's probably doing -- staying home or close with a few family or friends and working overtime from home to have more stuff complete while there's nowhere to go or nothing to do.

Just a live with a code to donation some Money for some instituion it would mean the world. She could use her voice for something that isnt rich privilege disscuss or dirty poem but nvm she really cant do nothing

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Just a live with a code to donation some Money for some instituion it would mean the world. She could use her voice for something that isnt rich privilege disscuss or dirty poem but nvm she really cant do nothing

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2020/04/celebrities-shouldnt-ask-average-people-to-donate-now/610468/

This can't be overstated enough. The pandemic is the event which is leaving all of us who used to get to feel sorry for the victims of a tragedy 'somewhere else', and guiltily hand over a few dollars, as the ones who don't know if we're going to have any future at all. Sort of the same way that capitalism eventually destroys itself - when the people who have to make the crap are the same people who have to buy it - here the people who need to 'reach out to help' are the ones who are going to need help themselves.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

:facepalm:  For what? A loooot, and I mean a lot, of people are out of work. Nobody has money to donate, unless you're rich. And if you are, well, then... donate to everyone struggling to pay bills and rent right now, not the institutes who won't get anywhere faster with your $100

Learn how to stretch your money, especially when you're donating it. it could be buying a family groceries who may not be able to afford to eat right now, rather than a bunch of scientists who already get paid from the government and find any other ways to get funds...

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

you must be horribly mistaken...

most people who follow her are young & a majority of us are struggling financially............

she is NOT EVER a spokesperson for the 'government" nor a figure for you to pick apart when she doesn't make a public donation link. In FACT, she's been posting instagrams of small businesses & other individuals (like clairvoyants) who can also use business to feed themselves right now... 

for gods sake, she is not a freaking global ambassador, she is a freaking singer/songwriter who is absolutely contributing in ways many others are not (i.e. the ones singing a stupid imagine song or Ellen Degeneres laying off her previous dedicated staff to hire a third party staff to do her home shows)

she is a singer & an artist; with a generous spirit,,,, who has used her music to donate to charities & privately does so as well (not to mention the people she helps like giving food to the homeless at a gas station...) i'm so tired of people picking her apart for not doing "enough" when she does a lot and more than is required....

so cut the crap & go whine somewhere else while people are dying, or do something useful with your time & call your congressmen / women in your area to advocate for those of us not being helped and represented. 

(this is not an attack on you - im sure you're wonderful, but im tired of seeing comments that she isn't doing enough to help financially)

She could in theory start her own charity that's close to her heart. Since Lana had problems with alcohol at such a young age she could do something with schools in the US that involves a programme to help others currently suffering from addictions.

She could give talks and get other celebs with similar issues to aswell. Plus she could pay a bunch of professionals to help and maintain such a charity whilst she's off doing music etc.

I think it would do her a world of good tbh

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Lana is left leaning and Sean is probs middle of the road, now get over it , we all been knew Lana is not a vocal person on these things so why do yall continue to be invasive it’s exhausting and it’s quite frankly none of your business. No wonder she doesn’t share her life with us anymore with people like yall crazy stans constantly on the attack whether it’s her choice on clothing, hair, makeup, plastic surgery, weight, men, constant speculation about her childhood traumas and political feelings. I just think she’s like any other woman in their mid 30s no major political feeling but maybe a passion about something here or there eg her hate for trump and feelings about disaster relief

the only thing vaguely left-leaning about Lana is the fact that she's socially tolerant (as in, not bigoted re: LGBTQ people, probably pro-choice [edit: given her association with hillsong, who tf knows about her stance on abortion tho], etc.). she's textbook hollywood liberal ~socially liberal but fiscally conservative~ which pretty much makes her center right most anywhere except the clusterfuck that's the US political system.

and you can't be a cop and be "middle of the road", whatever the hell you meant by that. you're a cop, you're very much a part of the oppressive capitalist system because you literally enforce it, period.

i won't address the rest of your post because that's been taken care of pretty thoroughly by other users.

She could in theory start her own charity that's close to her heart. Since Lana had problems with alcohol at such a young age she could do something with schools in the US that involves a programme to help others currently suffering from addictions.

She could give talks and get other celebs with similar issues to aswell. Plus she could pay a bunch of professionals to help and maintain such a charity whilst she's off doing music etc.

if Lana's not passionate about it, why should she though?

There are plenty of celebs who love doing this kind of stuff and have been through similar things.

Lana doesn't have to do EVERYTHING. She's in her 30s. Let her live without so much pressure.

~INSTA1.gif

Jesus Christ.... can she live?? There are how many singers that don't have a charity and you're putting this on her? And already deciding how she should run this charity and assuming it would do her good when you've never actually met her? I just don't understand the point of putting so much unnecessary pressure on her, especially during a pandemic. I am not someone to defend Lana's every move, but this just seems like a little much at this point.

tenor.gif

She is in a state where she could do something incredible outside of music and let's not talk about pressure here. At the end of the day she's just a brilliant singer-songwriter born into a upper middle class family come to that, but it's hardly working in a hospital or working a 9/5 job wondering if you have enough money for the roof over your head. It's not crying alone in bed thinking that you might not be able to feed your kids or being kicked out of your own home BC your gay.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

There are already charities doing that though. I'd much rather she give what she has a lot of (money) instead of doing a vanity project like this when charities and organisations already exist.

As someone has already pointed out she's using her platform to boost small businesses, which isn't nothing. Could she be doing more? Pretty much all millionaires could be doing more. We don't know what she's doing behind the scenes, if anything. It seems a bit pointless to go round in circles when we already know where she lies politically.

locals only

she have the very high privillege to live exclusive with her art, many artists wont gain any money this month because many clubs, party houses and small theathers wont be able to open, this includes LGBT+ artists and local artits that are already forgotten by the big media. She could put some ligtht on it, maybe do lives with small artists idk... its a sad situation

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Here are my thoughts of what Lana Del Rey could do to really surprise everyone... Do what RADIOHEAD did back in 2007.

Radiohead Says: Pay What You Want

-- http://content.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1666973,00.html

For her next record launch (White Hot Forever) she could really surprise her old fans AND new fans for her music.

-

"Promoting small businesses" my ass. She's making ads for some shady esoteric mum-stores which make money off of peoples naivity.

So many big artists stream a home-performance or sell merch in order to donate for health organisations or funds that help smaller artists.

Lana is just not doing it cause she lives in her selfcentered rich white gurls bubble where noone is keeping the social distance anyway. Can't wait for the pretentious Quarantine-One-Take.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

"Promoting small businesses" my ass. She's making ads for some shady esoteric mum-stores which make money off of peoples naivity.

So many big artists stream a home-performance or sell merch in order to donate for health organisations or funds that help smaller artists.

Lana is just not doing it cause she lives in her selfcentered rich white gurls bubble where noone is keeping the social distance anyway. Can't wait for the pretentious Quarantine-One-Take.

you're not wrong. tbh i don't really care if people are paying money for natal chart readings & aura cleanses or whatever, but a lot of these white ~silver lake shaman~ types heavily appropriate & bastardize native american culture, exploit natural resources without caring about the consequences (to the point that white sage & palo santo have become endangered, for example) all while claiming to be eco-friendly & generally cater almost exclusively to well off white people after cherry-picking their spiritual offerings from other cultures.

and i don't have a problem with her using her platform to help her friends, but your last paragraph is spot on. her bougie bubble is becoming more and more apparent.