LDRO

Instagram Updates

I hate how she wrote "I'm not not a feminist".

What's so hard about writing "I'm a feminist". Ugh.

I even misread it the first time, I read "I'm not a feminist" and was like WOAH. 

Don't mind me temporarily breaking free from my internet isolation, but here are her most recent instagram posts embedded for everyone's convenience -

& just because it deserves its own recognition, here's the selfie on the last slide of the post with the kidz - 

49918258708_0063fb6207_o.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Lots of people are already upset with Lana smh... sometimes its like people want to be offended and purposely take things the wrong way. All these fandoms that are upset don’t compare to Lanas cult following hehe

omg i hate to be THAT bitch but.... im not really feeling the way she went about this? like I get what she's trying to say but she could've made the same point without dragging Doja, Nicki, Beyoncé, etc. into the mix. imo it kind of looks bad when she's pointing to all the successes of these black women and making it about her??? especially after dating a goddamn cop this is bad optics tbh...not to mention we cannot take on the hive and the barbs ctfu 

at least a new album is confirmed tho :toofloppy:

omg i hate to be THAT bitch but.... im not really feeling the way she went about this? like I get what she's trying to say but she could've made the same point without dragging Doja, Nicki, Beyoncé, etc. into the mix. imo it kind of looks bad when she's pointing to all the successes of these black women and making it about her??? especially after dating a goddamn cop this is bad optics tbh...not to mention we cannot take on the hive and the barbs ctfu 

at least a new album is confirmed tho :toofloppy:

... girl what does race have to do with any of this. Her point was that all women should be able to make music about whatever they want without being scrutinized for it. Imagine if she only mentioned white women with #1s. that probably would’ve upset you too smh. She mentioned black women because those black women are TOP stars. Shouldnt you be happy about that?? Shes mentioning successful women. Its NOT a race thing. Smh smh smh

... girl what does race have to do with any of this. Her point was that all women should be able to make music about whatever they want without being scrutinized for it. Imagine if she only mentioned white women with #1s. that probably would’ve upset you too smh. She mentioned black women because those black women are TOP stars. Shouldnt you be happy about that?? Shes mentioning successful women. Its NOT a race thing. Smh smh smh

Lana did scrutinize them though

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

People refuse to understand her point of view. All they see is a grown woman dragging other female artists and being petty cause she doesn't have a number 1 hit. So dumb.

-Homeland of the Gods-

Lana did scrutinize them though

No she didnt... if you find it that she scrutinized them its because your brain puts a negative connotation on singing about fucking, cheating, etc. theres nothing wrong with singing about it. She was pointing out how other women get celebrated for singing about things like that but when it comes to her on abusive relationships she gets shit for it. Both are women singing about their truths, ugly or pretty. So why does Lana get shit for it lol. Lana adores Ariana btw. Another reason i rly dont think she is trying to drag anyone. Her frustrations are for the media and critics, the audience. NOT THE ARTISTS

I feel like some of you aren't understanding that she could have done this without name-dropping and shaming female artists of color. She says "wearing no clothes, fucking" like their negative things. That's at least how I perceived it. As someone who is becoming a sex worker, hearing her say those things was a real punch to my self-esteem, especially coming from my favorite artist. I don't want to feel shamed and I know I'm not the only one who felt shamed and de-powered. 

No she didnt... if you find it that she scrutinized them its because your brain puts a negative connotation on singing about fucking, cheating, etc. theres nothing wrong with singing about it. She was pointing out how other women get celebrated for singing about things like that but when it comes to her on abusive relationships she gets shit for it. Both are women singing about their truths, ugly or pretty. So why does Lana get shit for it lol. Lana adores Ariana btw. Another reason i rly dont think she is trying to drag anyone. Her frustrations are for the media and critics, the audience. NOT THE ARTISTS

in my opinion, it sounds like she's saying, "they sing about this bad stuff so I should be able to sing about other bad stuff too"