LDRO

Instagram Updates

No she didnt... if you find it that she scrutinized them its because your brain puts a negative connotation on singing about fucking, cheating, etc. theres nothing wrong with singing about it. She was pointing out how other women get celebrated for singing about things like that but when it comes to her on abusive relationships she gets shit for it. Both are women singing about their truths, ugly or pretty. So why does Lana get shit for it lol. Lana adores Ariana btw. Another reason i rly dont think she is trying to drag anyone. Her frustrations are for the media and critics, the audience. NOT THE ARTISTS

Lana didn't drag anyone. Immediately, a few oversensitive millennials ranting about race.  :facepalm:

the post itself wasn’t meant to drag anyone BUT the critics. I must admit I do feel uncomfortable with the name dropping in the beginning but she does have a point (although she could’ve just not named anyone and still made the same point). I’m proud of her for sticking up for herself and I think that she deserves to write about what she wants. us as fans are always gonna support her and listen to what she has to say whether it’d be good or bad. she has helped so many people around the world with her music; the music that she herself made and wrote, unfiltered. yes, maybe it was uncalled for, the name dropping, but she did get her point across; if they can write about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc. she believes that she can do that too without having to put up with the critics that have been so harsh on her for the past 10 years. I completely support this statement and I am so so so excited for whats to come for her. she deserves the best :smile2:

are you kidding azealia is going to rip her ass to shreds 

Oh yeah, she's definitely going to take issue with Lanz name dropping Black women.

Just add in some comments about Lana's appearance and Harvey Weinstein, and we might get Pull Up Anytime 2.0

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I Def feel her and her frustration but namedropping mostly women of color wasn't a way to go about it. Twitter stans will get bored soon enough but no one's going to want to give her the benefit of the doubt after she dated a cop who's racially profiled black people on TV and called him "one of the good ones" lol. I'm just glad she probably won't see that and it'll fade into the background soon enough. I'm here for this Lana, the Lana that tells critics they crossed a line when they go too far (like w Ann Powers), the Lana who posted so openly on mother's day about how the day is difficult for her in so many ways. She's taking no prisoners.

locals only

I feel like some of you aren't understanding that she could have done this without name-dropping and shaming female artists of color. She says "wearing no clothes, fucking" like their negative things. That's at least how I perceived it. As someone who is becoming a sex worker, hearing her say those things was a real punch to my self-esteem, especially coming from my favorite artist. I don't want to feel shamed and I know I'm not the only one who felt shamed and de-powered. 

You need to speak to a therapist. You can't just put that all on Lana. Seriously? Lana saying something you don't like and you saying it's a real punch to your self esteem isn't healthy. 

For the record, I see a therapist every 3 weeks, so just saying. It's not meant as a diss.

I'm here for this Lana, the Lana that tells critics they crossed a line when they go too far (like w Ann Powers), the Lana who posted so openly on mother's day about how the day is difficult for her in so many ways. She's taking no prisoners.

yes, yes yesyesyes!!!! i think this really means she's in a better place and she isn't letting hurtful people destroy her life

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

I Def feel her and her frustration but namedropping mostly women of color wasn't a way to go about it. Twitter stans will get bored soon enough but no one's going to want to give her the benefit of the doubt after she dated a cop who's racially profiled black people on TV and called him "one of the good ones" lol. I'm just glad she probably won't see that and it'll fade into the background soon enough. I'm here for this Lana, the Lana that tells critics they crossed a line when they go too far (like w Ann Powers), the Lana who posted so openly on mother's day about how the day is difficult for her in so many ways. She's taking no prisoners.

She said NO HOLDS BARRED, IVE BEEN SENT TO DESTROY !!!!

I-

Good for her for speaking up, I guess. But that wall of text was all over the place. I honestly laughed out loud when I got to the last paragraph where she suddenly announced the new releases after her “rant”.

But yeah, I don’t really have an opinion about whether what she said and the name dropping was “right” or not. It’s just interesting to me to have some insight into how she feels that may be helpful understanding her music (and poetry) better.

If you think she was bashing the other female artists she listed then you need to learn the difference between judging and using someone else’s behaviour as an example, if you drag her for this post then you’re part of the problem with stifling female voices, she’s saying “look you hold these other artists up for singing lyrics I want to sing, but when I do I get judged and that’s not okay” you can tell she’s fed up of the scrutiny, give her a fucking break

giphy.gif

If you think she was bashing the other female artists she listed then you need to learn the difference between judging and using someone else’s behaviour as an example, if you drag her for this post then you’re part of the problem with stifling female voices, she’s saying “look you hold these other artists up for singing lyrics I want to sing, but when I do I get judged and that’s not okay” you can tell she’s fed up of the scrutiny, give her a fucking break

i think it's sad that the assumption is that it's a negative thing yeah 

UV/Honeymoon

I am lowkey nervous about Ariana, Nicki, Doja,etc. any of them responding to what Lana said... I wonder if Ari rn is tryna figure out wtf is going on

IMAGINE CARDI B GOING OFF ON LANA

doja will most definitely say something she lives to troll wouldn't be surprised if nicki indirected her either

i love you, but you don't understand me.

You need to speak to a therapist. You can't just put that all on Lana. Seriously? Lana saying something you don't like and you saying it's a real punch to your self esteem isn't healthy. 

For the record, I see a therapist every 3 weeks, so just saying. It's not meant as a diss.

just saw my therapist two days ago though and have been seeing one for the past five years. now, because it seems like y'all aren't getting it...

I agree with Lana. I work hard in my own life to create a space for people to feel empowered through their submission. I'm not going to say what I do specifically, but I work with a lot of people who are submissive and embarrassed and feel ashamed of it, especially when society is always yelling at them to be dominant and powerful. there IS power in choosing to be submissive. I have no problem with that. And I'm allowed to feel de-powered by someone else's words. She said things that made me feel kinda shameful honestly, and guess the fuck what? I'm allowed to feel that. And it's natural to feel shame. I'm allowed to feel affected by other people's words. It's okay for me to not want to jump up and down at this post. this is the third time in the past hour that someone has said that I shouldn't be feeling this way. why the fuck can't I? I explore and decipher the world using my experiences and my thoughts and feelings. that's the way i survive. so I really don't see why "i should stop projecting." I felt some type of way, it's okay for me to feel that type of way, Lana didn't purposely target anyone to feel this type of way, things just happen.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

doja will most definitely say something she lives to troll wouldn't be surprised if nicki indirected her either

nicki even follows lana on ig and lana follows cardi, camila and ariana. I just hope they understand what lana had to say and I hope they read everything through before speaking out.