LDRO

Instagram Updates

It is so refreshing to see critical thinking in this thread instead of gag-reflex amygdala-hijacking emotional reactions.   

I also want to add that I cannot believe NOBODY has mentioned the fact that she is likely in a facility of some sort... maybe she is refraining fro heavy media use to protect herself as it is CLEARLY extremely triggering for her.

Can you guys please stop suggesting that she is in a f*cking facility, this is a f*cking reach and even if it was true, it’s not your place to use this as an argument to constantly defend a woman who is old enough for us to expect from her to know better, who could have had a PR team to talk things through with before making posts about clearly controversial topics and now the most important topic, the Black Lives Matter movement. Who doesn’t need to maintain her own social media, who could have a team with a snap of a finger if it was too much for her. Who clearly has a circle around her of loving, supporting people.

Stop making sh*t up, it’s f*cking unnerving, especially during these times when there’s other more pressing issues to talk about than “maybe baby Lana isn’t feeling well”. 

Edit: Also, sorry, didn't mean to single you out. Been seeing this stuff for a while now, actually someone did make a similar assumption earlier in this thread.

It is so refreshing to see critical thinking in this thread instead of gag-reflex amygdala-hijacking emotional reactions.   

I also want to add that I cannot believe NOBODY has mentioned the fact that she is likely in a facility of some sort... maybe she is refraining fro heavy media use to protect herself as it is CLEARLY extremely triggering for her. 

I actually don't think she's in a facility because most facilities wouldn't allow patients on social media - and what happened with Lanz is a good example of why - but I understand your point. I think the whole facility thing is either ... she was in a facility (Bellevue, perhaps, which was mentioned in another poem), or she made it up and it's a metaphor for something else.

I think it's totally understandable if she's distancing herself from social media at this point. I, too, agree with @@bored in that I don't think she's racist, but she's definitely ignorant. She needs to educate herself. It isn't anyone else's job to do that for her (and especially not poc's); it's her job. She has time to read Women Running With Wolves or whatever the fuck, so how about also picking up some books by Black authors and educating herself? Florence had a good one on her story the other day, and also encouraged anyone who is benefiting from Black author's writing to contribute financially.

And like. it's really difficult to keep making excuses for an almost 35-year-old woman with ALL the resources and ALL the privilege. Wake up, Lanz.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

“ How does one begin to describe how greatly they desire equality for the world?

I know lately a lot of people have been feeling like they can’t say the right thing online, their words get all twisted up when all they’re trying to do is help – but when it comes to this kind of madness, I just wanna say- it’s not about putting things into words perfectly. It’s just about having the desire to share what’s on your heart and to do what you feel you can.

We’ve been choosing to peacefully protest amongst doing other things, and as always are hearts are with you and we’re standing with u, with our ears to the ground (no high horse preaching here) we’re super in the mix and always have been when it comes to issues of morality and equality.

Also, a reminder - It’s in our nature to riot, it always has been. So for everyone who’s feeling nervous just know that this is a long-standing form of protest when it comes to inequality and that it’s a sign of change to come.

Much love and blessings

L”

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Of course it will now be the argument of why are you posting protestors faces!!! When in reality these images are being plastered everywhere online it's so trivial - this is nowhere near the same level of the looting video. If anyone is insistent on hating her still they have just made her a symbol of being against the movement in their heads and use her as a target to direct their anger. She isn't going to build any of the bridges she has burned but I am not going to begrudge someone for the sake of proving a point, I don't see the sense in it.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

“I got u”

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I really hope she goes to bed now because I'm really scared she'll post something else that will create problems.

That post was really good. Shut up and go to bed now, Lanz. Thx.

So much this. Also, whatever happened to 2 wrongs don't make a right??? As someone with Complex PTSD I cannot imagine the world I would be living in if my reactions were excused, supported, and condoned by everyone else... it's narcissistic and abusive to ask people to be okay with your violence because of your trauma.

There really are a lot of factors, but mm yeah basically social media brings a lot out of people, and sometimes sort of uploading parts of ur pysche onto the internet and reacting rather than responding's what elicits some kind of stronger sub for reach for human connection thru what they express. It's still sort of like a classroom. And it seems it's more important to people to get what's owed to them or what they think rather than have the patience to see things through. Silence is painted to everything else, like everything else, and while I get it, the involvement is a bit more put on a pedestal that ur then removed from. People dont usually take the time to look at the entire picture and get confused at the strokes, or choice of frames/ materials. As if opinion was king, and garnering numbers for support was the true sub for understanding. I really think a lot is rooted back to validation of realities, which I get, but I really think it starts more w the self, rather than finding it from/projecting it onto others. And u question, to what degree is it even valid, between what's being said, opinion and their mingling.

It takes a lot to be prepared for being on the internet and I think a lot of people just forget that, and if intentional, well motives should be checked too. It can be construed as some kind of cry for help, but at the end of the day we should really just be looking out for each other and helping our own selves. It all just seems like the net's a collective brain w differing and paralleling thoughts that aim to find reason, but like. When does it begin to function as a whole?

Sorry I was getting a bit philosophical, but asking someone to validate your pain shouldnt really be surrendered to another person. It'd just bring more pain and be less centering. The trust has to be there for it to be properly shared to see things thru. But sometimes it's just not taken. Granted w certain issues it's a lot more complex than that but I really think deeper thinking, a more supporting, patient perspective, really fosters healing than spreading violence does.

Funnily enough, when talking about the self, and how events played out w Lana, people chose to still listen to her music thru their choice, when in a way that's what she was sort of doing. I think it's bc we were all so mystified by it, and the pain from it brought out some wisdom. Except, there really was no violence thru her singing, just what she went thru and what she owned from it. Communication's funny huh? Hahahaha

UV/Honeymoon

Okay disregarding the platitude of I got u when history has proven she hasn't, it is actually good of her to voice her support for rioting as this is the main point racists are clinging on to to discredit the protests, especially after the looting video could have been interpreted as her being against it. Growth?  :excited:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I'm just worried people are gonna think she's making this about herself since she's clearly alluding to the controversy at the beginning of her second post

Yeah someone will almost certainly be like, "no you don't bitch, you put protesters' faces up on your fucking story, and blah blah blah"

GO TO BED NOW LANZ. THANK YOU.

There really are a lot of factors, but mm yeah basically social media brings a lot out of people, and sometimes sort of uploading parts of ur pysche onto the internet and reacting rather than responding's what elicits some kind of stronger sub for reach for human connection thru what they express. It's still sort of like a classroom. And it seems it's more important to people to get what's owed to them or what they think rather than have the patience to see things through. Silence is painted to everything else, like everything else, and while I get it, the involvement is a bit more put on a pedestal that ur then removed from. People dont usually take the time to look at the entire picture and get confused at the strokes, or choice of frames/ materials. As if opinion was king, and garnering numbers for support was the true sub for understanding. I really think a lot is rooted back to validation of realities, which I get, but I really think it starts more w the self, rather than finding it from/projecting it onto others. And u question, to what degree is it even valid, between what's being said, opinion and their mingling.

It takes a lot to be prepared for being on the internet and I think a lot of people just forget that, and if intentional, well motives should be checked too. It can be construed as some kind of cry for help, but at the end of the day we should really just be looking out for each other and helping our own selves. It all just seems like the net's a collective brain w differing and paralleling thoughts that aim to find reason, but like. When does it begin to function as a whole?

Sorry I was getting a bit philosophical, but asking someone to validate your pain shouldnt really be surrendered to another person. It'd just bring more pain and be less centering. The trust has to be there for it to be properly shared to see things thru. But sometimes it's just not taken. Granted w certain issues it's a lot more complex than that but I really think deeper thinking, a more supporting, patient perspective, really fosters healing than spreading violence does.

Funnily enough, when talking about the self, and how events played out w Lana, people chose to still listen to her music thru their choice, when in a way that's what she was sort of doing. I think it's bc we were all so mystified by it, and the pain from it brought out some wisdom. Except, there really was no violence thru her singing, just what she went thru and what she owned from it. Communication's funny huh? Hahahaha

"but asking someone to validate your pain shouldnt really be surrendered to another person. It'd just bring more pain and be less centering"  

this was exactly my point because I have spent my entire life trying to get everyone else to validate my pain (like in the book "Stop Walking on Eggshells" for people with BPD) and I had to learn through lots of therapy that actual healing starts and ends with me!!!  Which is why this madness is so triggering

people already commenting "block and blur the faces, you don't learn" like not taking into account all the ppl have Face Masks, and the LAPD does not have the time to go thru tiny photos of ppl they can barely make out - peacefully protesting - while they cannot even keep up with looting and other tasks... I just don't get ppl grasping at air. 

people already commenting "block and blur the faces, you don't learn" like not taking into account all the ppl have Face Masks, and the LAPD does not have the time to go thru tiny photos of ppl they can barely make out - peacefully protesting - while they cannot even keep up with looting and other tasks... I just don't get ppl grasping at air. 

She’s not the only one posting people with masks tbh. Look at Madison Beer Instagram story...people always find something to complain about.

giphy.gif