LDRO

Instagram Updates

aren't people allowed to change for the better tho? and forsure she doesn't really need the praise, that or have it be given, but can't we be happy n support her for moving towards that? 

But she hasn't changed. The last time she showed the racially insensitive, person she is that's unwilling to listen to the voices of POC was like a week ago.  I'll await the day she does though

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

But she hasn't changed. The last time she showed the racially insensitive, person she is that's unwilling to listen to the voices of POC was like a week ago.  I'll await the day she does though

I added a few more sentences to my post if ya wanted to read, 

but with all due respect, who are ya to really scale that against her actions where she is improving? 

edit: not to b overbearing, but you're probably doing something else so that's cool, but my (genuine) questions still stand. you mentioned how racism is subtle, so why can't change be as well? in my eyes, she's acted first post bout feminism, defended what she said and further elaborated. had a blackout, then posted showing support, tailored that, and posted more directly about it. 

doesn't that count for something? 

and ya recently mentioned last post how ur not asking anything from her, and that yeah ur right we shouldn't have to, but who's decision is that to make? the progression of events led to her furthering her support. the net's an incredible tech and time can get warped in a sense, I get that, so so much, but it did happen. and she is improving. 

so what do you think happens next? 

UV/Honeymoon

Lana isn’t a racist. Don’t believe she ever was. A racist wouldn’t have ever made a music video with a black husband as president and mixed children. I believe generally shes a bit ignorant when it comes to politics, we see even from feminism she hasn’t much interest in it. Alot of artist minds live in their own bubble, especially so as we battle mental illness. I’m bipolar and have had really dark times, at those times did you think I was coherent enough to follow along with what was going on in the world? I couldnt. My mind wasnt really “there”. I didn’t feel real most of the time. I cared for people yes. I was also tired and lost. Going through suffocating depression and pain. To be able to be healthy enough now mentally and to be alot more present in the world than before feels like a blessing. No one knows whats truly in a n y o n e s hearts. People can say the most perfect things, act in the most perfect way, all for show, concealing their true self. Who knows what celebrities truly care and have empathy? Dont believe in everything you see.... but besides that, i truly feel that Lana does care and she isn’t racist. She just most likely isnt super educated on the topic. And thats okay, she can learn. Whats important is she has empathy and a good heart and good morals.

Instead of tearing apart people for what they dont know, teach them. Dont attack them and single them out, come together snd teach one another. Its easier to teach someone ignorant with a good heart about these issues than someone ignorant with an evil heart and terrible beliefs.

I don’t think Lana’s racist at all (she’s ignorant tho), but this “she has black friends” argument I’ve been seeing a lot on here needs to stop. It’s not that black and white. (no pun intended)

qfrWuBl.png

Lana isn’t a racist. Don’t believe she ever was. A racist wouldn’t have ever made a music video with a black husband as president and mixed children. I believe generally shes a bit ignorant when it comes to politics, we see even from feminism she hasn’t much interest in it. Alot of artist minds live in their own bubble, especially so as we battle mental illness. I’m bipolar and have had really dark times, at those times did you think I was coherent enough to follow along with what was going on in the world? I couldnt. My mind wasnt really “there”. I didn’t feel real most of the time. I cared for people yes. I was also tired and lost. Going through suffocating depression and pain. To be able to be healthy enough now mentally and to be alot more present in the world than before feels like a blessing. No one knows whats truly in a n y o n e s hearts. People can say the most perfect things, act in the most perfect way, all for show, concealing their true self. Who knows what celebrities truly care and have empathy? Dont believe in everything you see.... but besides that, i truly feel that Lana does care and she isn’t racist. She just most likely isnt super educated on the topic. And thats okay, she can learn. Whats important is she has empathy and a good heart and good morals.

Instead of tearing apart people for what they dont know, teach them. Dont attack them and single them out, come together snd teach one another. Its easier to teach someone ignorant with a good heart about these issues than someone ignorant with an evil heart and terrible beliefs.

100%

UV/Honeymoon

I think releasing a song right now from her would be a fucking terrible idea, proceeds going to charity or not.

I am glad she’s still posting about this protest though and I’m glad she turned her comments ON. If she’s going to talk about the culture like she did a week ago, well.....don’t lock comments gurl, take the good with the bad. That’s what happens when you put that out there, unfairly misunderstood or not.

She’s still a hot topic with all this drama, you can see it in some comments, “open your purse!”.....”shut up”.... ect, it’s the internet, it always going to lead from a place of negativity.

All she can do now is show support, let this whole thing simmer down, take the hate with the love (there’s alot of positive feedback on here insta too) and just move the fuck on and learn from this.

There's a person on this thread that needs to shut the hell up. I'd rather stick a fork in both my eyes than to read anything they post, what an ignorant person

Who you referring to girl

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

me

I can't believe like 6 of y'all read "she can't be racist she collabed with a black person!!" and thought that was it. y'all are as ignorant as lana bye

I really doubt she is racist though, the whole things been blown out of proportion just because she didn’t mention a Caucasian which is ridiculous and nitpicking. Artists who have used the N word repeatedly have had less backlash, my god look at justin bieber he said some horrendous racist stuff even a kid would know is a bad thing and it got forgotten about. I think this is what Lana is talking about, that she is always held to a higher standard and criticised whilst other peers practically get away with murder.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Stop showing protesters faces!!

Lana: show their faces.

They're wearing masks and the pictures have this black and white filter, these peaceful protestors are hardly recognizable. Besides, a ton of celebrities are showing protestors' faces in their posts, I don't see any of y'all or a bunch of Twitter stans singling them out or berating them over this one specific thing? There was a clear issue with showing looters yesterday, that was incensitive and potentially dangerous, but this is not in my view.

me

I can't believe like 6 of y'all read "she can't be racist she collabed with a black person!!" and thought that was it. y'all are as ignorant as lana bye

Right lmao like if people want to look at who she's worked with in the past and claim it's indicative of what she believes they're going to struggle when they get to the Marilyn Manson part lol...

locals only

I’m happy she spoke out and if people wanna nit-pick at her posts they can. it’s stupid and ironic to criticize everything she does on such a high level when she expressed the culture bringing her down for everything she said/did. she’s just proving her original post more and more which is kinda funny because the people that are criticizing her didn’t understand the post :crai:

she criticised Kanye a while back for supporting Trump and posting a picture wearing a MAGA cap and got heat for that too, people were calling her a racist because apparently you can't criticise poc anymore when you're white without being a racist. Even that hot mess Azelia went on a rant about it (was that how the girl fight started, or was it shortly after that?)

Social media is a disease and I think her main problem is, that she became "too mainstream". Her art, her music, taste and way of expression is just too unconventional/peculiar (I don't feel like this is the right adjective, sorry engl is not my first lang. but I hope you guys know what I mean) for the mainstream media consumers to understand.

it's not about her not being able to criticize black people, it's that calling out Kanye was an easy move. it's very similar to when people call Trump "a cheeto." it's surface-level and makes it seem like you have no understanding of real issues. people were already hating on Kanye and Trump. it's easy to call someone else out when everybody else is doing it. calling out someone who thinks we should abolish the 13th Amendment is easy. Addressing why Kanye wanted to change the language of the 13th Amendment and prison reform is a bit more difficult to address though. She didn't do anything

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

People can't actually find anything wrong with what she said this time so all of the comments are "Open your purse" "That's not enough. We need more" "This doesn't make up for what you did". But if she actually did post some proof that she donated something, people would accuse her of being performative and still call her racist. They'd probably say at this point she was bullied into doing it. Now she's more or less doing everything right and people are still going to bully and still ignore the fact that she was protesting. I don't care anymore.

if chuck and charlie both donated, i'd like to think that lana did as well. and good for her if she doesn't want to show it to 16 million people, it shouldn't matter more if you post it or not. they'd call her performative if she did post it anyways.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF