LDRO

Instagram Updates

43 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

Ok but can we not act as if copyright is nonexistent just cause we like Lana?

i agree! while i get that it sucks that sophie made up some shit on twitter and might have used this opportunity to go viral, i think it's very weird to say that she should've kept her mouth shut and that she just should've been grateful - i wasn't there when that happened so correct me if i'm wrong but lana didn't tag her when she first posted the picture, right?

we're just used to art getting stolen on a daily basis online and not asking artists before using their art. that doesn't make it okay though!

i've also seen some comments that were very degrading towards her art which i didn't like seeing either.

13 minutes ago, lanasgirl said:

i agree! while i get that it sucks that sophie made up some shit on twitter and might have used this opportunity to go viral, i think it's very weird to say that she should've kept her mouth shut and that she just should've been grateful - i wasn't there when that happened so correct me if i'm wrong but lana didn't tag her when she first posted the picture, right?

we're just used to art getting stolen on a daily basis online and not asking artists before using their art. that doesn't make it okay though!

i've also seen some comments that were very degrading towards her art which i didn't like seeing either.

Oh please, it's over sweetie. The watermark was there, the tag was there. The ungratefulness from the artist killed it. :illumilana2:

2 minutes ago, lanasgirl said:

Yeah a lot of people here have made snide remarks against her work which is disappointing because at the end of the day it's her work which she's proud of and makes a living from. She shouldn't be dragged for that at all imo :tsk:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

3 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Yeah a lot of people here have made snide remarks against her work which is disappointing because at the end of the day it's her work which she's proud of and makes a living from. She shouldn't be dragged for that at all imo :tsk:

She embroiders Rose's, that's plant abuse. :agree:she's getting dragged for that and only that. :troll:

4 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Oh please, it's over sweetie. The watermark was there, the tag was there. The ungratefulness from the "artist" killed it. :illumilana2:

i get that it's kinda late to still discuss this but i wasn't here when it happened and @Electric Body just brought it up again, so i wanted to express my feelings about it :whatever:

also, i don't like how you put artist in quotation marks... like... yes, she is an artist. but we don't have to keep discussing this and i really don't wanna fight :kiss:

6 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

She embroiders Rose's, that's plant abuse. :agree:she's getting dragged for that and only that. :troll:

Art is still art though, and I know her work might not be for everybody but I really don't think it's fair to drag her when it's clearly something she's passionate about.

Overall I'd say I'm kinda neutral with this whole situation. On one hand I do think it was over the top with the way she handled things, and how she accused Lana straight up of cropping out her watermark. I think she should have cooled off for a bit before going in for the kill - but on the other hand, I get that this can be upsetting for the artist because getting exposure means a lot to them. I've mentioned in the other thread before, but I have a lot of friends who are artists and they come to me telling me they just feel like giving up their work all together because people don't give credit 

The hate and insults she's getting is quite ridiculous and unfair

:runs:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 minutes ago, lanasgirl said:

i get that it's kinda late to still discuss this but i wasn't here when it happened and @Electric Body just brought it up again, so i wanted to express my feelings about it :whatever:

also, i don't like how you put artist in quotation marks... like... yes, she is an artist. but we don't have to keep discussing this and i really don't wanna fight :kiss:

Alright alright, agree. And I have edited the quotation marks as a peace offering. :kiss3:

16 minutes ago, lanasgirl said:

The thing is that Sophie complained about Lala not crediting her so Lala credited her and then Sophie complained that Lala didn't credit her how she wanted (in a caption). 

Interestingly, Sophie didn't initially say that she wanted a caption credit, just credit, which Lala did. So it just comes off as being less about the credit and more about general attention, imo.  

I agree that she doesn't deserve harassment, though

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

5 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Art is still art though, and I know her work might not be for everybody but I really don't think it's fair to drag her when it's clearly something she's passionate about.

Overall I'd say I'm kinda neutral with this whole situation. On one hand I do think it was over the top with the way she handled things, and how she accused Lana straight up of cropping out her watermark. I think she should have cooled off for a bit before going in for the kill - but on the other hand, I get that this can be upsetting for the artist because getting exposure means a lot to them. I've mentioned in the other thread before, but I have a lot of friends who are artists and they come to me telling me they just feel like giving up their work all together because people don't give credit 

The hate and insults she's getting is quite ridiculous and unfair

:runs:

I mean, it's definitely ridiculous to go and send her hate. I once had an imposter on youtube, who downloaded my piano playing videos and claimed it was him playing. I was livid! Credit must be given to the artist. 

Personal opinion, I think she should have gone for a more private way of handling the situation. Putting Lana on blast on a series of instagram stories only did herself a disservice!

1 minute ago, RormanNockwell said:

The thing is that Sophie complained about Lala not crediting her so Lala credited her and then Sophie complained that Lala didn't credit her how she wanted (in a caption). 

Interestingly, Sophie didn't initially say that she wanted a caption credit, just credit, which Lala did. So it just comes off as being less about the credit and more about general attention, imo.  

ahhh right, i understand, i had forgotten that she made the twitter thread after lana had already tagged her. i totally see how that can come off as being ungrateful, especially because googling the phrase "never forgive, always forget" (which a lot of lana's fans naturally did) has her work and her shop as the top google image result and she must have noticed that people had found her instagram and shop even before lana tagged her.

but i must say, without being an artist myself, i get the need for discussing the right way of giving credit. it's their profession after all.

basically, all i really care about in this whole mess is a more balanced view and to not degrade her art in the process of criticizing the way she handled things. we don't know her true intentions and it might have been just to go viral, yes, but as @Bunny Mozart already mentioned i can totally understand the frustration artists feel when it comes to these things. she probably did post that twitter thread with a little bit of anger and honestly, i get it, i've sent some angry messages when i should've waited a little longer in the past too. 

anyways, that's all i really wanted to add to the discussion :twirls:

Honestly this whole thing started to put me off when Sophie referred to Lana on twitter as L*na Del Rey :sadcore4:

Like, I totally get asking for credit (even then, just the tag was sufficient imo) but don't... shade her that way ?? That's only made me think her intentions aren't 100% genuine 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, RormanNockwell said:

I'm a little distressed that artist thinks there's damage when you can find the same photograph on the Internet as an ad for her work. The other interesting thing is about Instagram. If you don't have an account and are not logged in (to something it wants you to be logged into), you can't read captions anyway. I'm in that category of people that don't have an account, so I depend on Lanaboards to display all LDR's insta-info (thanks!).

2 hours ago, lanasgirl said:

This!

1 hour ago, lanasgirl said:

That user also defended her reckless driving and meshmask bs, so don't bother discussing with them.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

51 minutes ago, slang said:

I'm a little distressed that artist thinks there's damage when you can find the same photograph on the Internet as an ad for her work. The other interesting thing is about Instagram. If you don't have an account and are not logged in (to something it wants you to be logged into), you can't read captions anyway. I'm in that category of people that don't have an account, so I depend on Lanaboards to display all LDR's insta-info (thanks!).

I'm sure you mean no harm but that's an extremely toxic mindset. Just cause something's on the internet does not mean it's free. Especially if you are not just linking/embedding something but saving and uploading it urself. Plus the artist has a legal right to  decide which way they are credited. 

I'm convinced Lana didn't do it mean spirited, but in the end she's the one in the wrong here for using the image without permission - even if Sophie is not a likeable person.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The girl is a liar and a huge loser too for purposely trying to create a greater sense of wrong doing and drama by stating that Lana "cropped out the watermark" when she knows that is a lie. The image Lana posted simply did not have a watermark on it - it wasn't cropped out. 

SqDue8g.gif

So embarrassing watching these losers continue to use Lana as a punching bag to harvest twitter clout

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, Electric Body said:

I'm sure you mean no harm but that's an extremely toxic mindset. Just cause something's on the internet does not mean it's free. Especially if you are not just linking/embedding something but saving and uploading it urself. Plus the artist has a legal right to  decide which way they are credited. 

I'm convinced Lana didn't do it mean spirited, but in the end she's the one in the wrong here for using the image without permission - even if Sophie is not a likeable person.

I agree with you; I'm just saying the artist could have used the situation to her advantage, and not that information just has to be free. Also I wish one or the other would have explained the appeal of the quote.

BTW:

https://www.azquotes.com/quote/568592

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Balfour

41 minutes ago, slang said:

I agree with you; I'm just saying the artist could have used the situation to her advantage, and not that information just has to be free. Also I wish one or the other would have explained the appeal of the quote.

BTW:

https://www.azquotes.com/quote/568592

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Balfour

Not me scrolling down to "Personal Life" :D

tenor.gif

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.