Jump to content
LDRO

Instagram Updates

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, mesabird said:

Changing the world...put it into perspective she's a singer not a surgeon or any profession that changes the world/saves lives/etc.

:facepalm:

 

But she turns words into birds...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ultrarescent said:

I thought I didn't have this problem until today. Her comment really rubbed me in the worst way possible. QftC didn't have a big impact on me cause it seemed more of a bad wording but here the issue is even bigger. How hasn't anyone told her how dumb she can sound? And I don't get it, how can a person that writes such beautiful songs and poems be so bad at expressing themselves with simple sentences???? Hope the comments that criticize her finally get in to her head. Or at least someone from Lizzy's friends that is brave enough to explain to her why people think of her as a racist. 

 

It seems clear that everything they've done to her over the years has really hurt her and she was silent for a long time. But that shouldn't be a reason for her to just consider her pain and be insensitive to other people, even if it is not intentional. She's not a bad person! But it seems that she has closed herself in her own world and the way she's been handling everything since last year just makes things more difficult for her. ? I hope she can deal with what bothers her, that she can think better about her attitudes and learn from situations. I have always been passionate about her music and the woman she is. This whole situation is very unpleasant. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Anthony said:

 

It seems clear that everything they've done to her over the years has really hurt her and she was silent for a long time. But that shouldn't be a reason for her to just consider her pain and be insensitive to other people, even if it is not intentional. She's not a bad person! But it seems that she has closed herself in her own world and the way she's been handling everything since last year just makes things more difficult for her. ? I hope she can deal with what bothers her, that she can think better about her attitudes and learn from situations. I have always been passionate about her music and the woman she is. This whole situation is very unpleasant. 

 

I know right? Her fans believe that she's happy since NFR era but when you look at the way she behaves, the things she posts etc she's far from happy... And she proved it today ? I don't know maybe I'm wrong but she definitely seems unhappy and hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sexyslutboy said:

On the bright side pretty much everyone here i've seen agrees that what she said was disrespectful

 

The only thing worse than a celebrity  being dumb is when the fans defend it :tommy:

I like that too. There some fanbase that defend everything their fave is doing.


tumblr_peyi8bZBJV1u3u0jjo4_r1_400.giftumblr_peyi8bZBJV1u3u0jjo1_400.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't posted in here in weeks as Lana and her sycophant stans have turned me off quite a bit.

I read Lana's stupid post today in her comments and that's it for me. I no longer with good faith can support Lana. Her rich white privilege is so strong that I can't anymore with her. Black Twitter is ripping her apart right now. It's what she deserves for being so ignorant. I bet she's going to double down in a few hours.

The horrific album cover for Chemtrails is insult enough, but what she wrote today...Sweet Jesus. I can't defend her anymore or even listen to her music. Selling my Lana collection on eBay in a day or two. 

I will continue visiting the threads from time to time but I will mostly post in the music section of this forum. 

For her to think all Mexicans are dark WOC. :facepalm:

Stupid bitch. Where's the black women in her album cover? Not a single black woman. But whatever. I'm done with her. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am floored by her ignorance. Maybe we could start a Kickstarter campaign to send her a copy of Robin DiAngelo's "White Fragility". :oprah2:


 

 

1 minute ago, venicebitch said:

 

every thread is a fighting thread in this bitch

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a nap, woke up and started laughing thinking about all the stuff she said because it's so unbelievable. Absolutely nobody was talking about that stuff and sis just brought it up and once again demonstrated that she's ignorant af and she thinks it's okay because she has good intentions. Pain.

We now know that the tornado she's in in the COCC mv symbolises the shitstorm of her own creation. 

Also, she isn't really making a great case for herself being "sweet" and "lovely" or whatever the fuck she thinks she is, when she keeps randomly abusing fans and generally being quite rude. There was no need to be so aggressive towards the person asking if that was the cover.

Just wait 'til she sees all the articles about it, which are already starting to trickle in

 

 


Thanks for buying me my meal at Denny's and my shit at Home Depot. Thanks for that, kids. Luv ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And plus she just...... uh. She probably thinks she sounds really cute with that "cooked good and sweet" line. Idk. Comes across more as cocky :/ 

(I cant remember if this was from her Insta or twitter srry)*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Absolutely nobody was talking about that stuff and sis just brought it up and once again demonstrated that she's ignorant af and she thinks it's okay because she has good intentions.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and feel free to correct me if I am, but my theory is that there was some sort of comment that threw her off. Lana always talks about having a trap account and she's been posting fan cams from fans, so I'm pretty sure she reads most of the comments on her own posts. Someone, or maybe a few people, maybe wrote something along the lines of, "I don't see any people of color on the cover," and that might've set her off. I'm not defending her, but just kind of wondering what the process behind that comment was. I honestly wish she didn't feel the need to proof herself to everyone because when she does she tends to hastily reply without editing her self. 

 

IcyDescriptiveGuanaco-small.gif


f89ce6e12daa05cd05669749ae7b5c9d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I haven't posted in here in weeks as Lana and her sycophant stans have turned me off quite a bit.

I read Lana's stupid post today in her comments and that's it for me. I no longer with good faith can support Lana. Her rich white privilege is so strong that I can't anymore with her. Black Twitter is ripping her apart right now. It's what she deserves for being so ignorant. I bet she's going to double down in a few hours.

 

The horrific album cover for Chemtrails is insult enough, but what she wrote today...Sweet Jesus. I can't defend her anymore or even listen to her music. Selling my Lana collection on eBay in a day or two. 

 

I will continue visiting the threads from time to time but I will mostly post in the music section of this forum. 

 

For her to think all Mexicans are dark WOC. :facepalm:

Stupid bitch. Where's the black women in her album cover? Not a single black woman. But whatever. I'm done with her. 

 

 

I understand you and I hope this issue won't be a part of the music. It would've been better if she just said that this is about her close friends. No one would drag her for it.


tumblr_peyi8bZBJV1u3u0jjo4_r1_400.giftumblr_peyi8bZBJV1u3u0jjo1_400.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anthony said:

 

It seems clear that everything they've done to her over the years has really hurt her and she was silent for a long time. But that shouldn't be a reason for her to just consider her pain and be insensitive to other people, even if it is not intentional. She's not a bad person! But it seems that she has closed herself in her own world and the way she's been handling everything since last year just makes things more difficult for her. ? I hope she can deal with what bothers her, that she can think better about her attitudes and learn from situations. I have always been passionate about her music and the woman she is. This whole situation is very unpleasant. 

 

 

honestly i think part of it is that shes used to being a victim. she has been thru a lot -- with her career and personal life -- nobody can deny that. but shes so used to being the victim shes sensitive to any constructive criticism & shuts down immediately bc its new to her. like im not a therapist or trying to psychoanalyze her or anything, so i cant say for sure, but as someone who has been in her position before in their own way, i feel like this is probably one of the reasons she responds to hate the way she does. i mean, she wouldnt do interviews (at least at length) til like LFL era bc of the way her words were being twisted by the media. she had every right to be wary of that possibility, but also i think having that absence of feedback those years has stunted her growth emotionally in this way. i also think its just a millennial thing. white ppl didnt really start to be corrected so loudly and unabashedly (rightfully so) until pretty recently, and so ive noticed a lot of white celebs of this gen can be a bit sensitive to criticism compared to the younger ones. (marina comes to mind lol)

 

ofc it doesnt excuse any of her shitty and tone deaf responses but it does explain it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there's this thing that I've been reading about reactive abuse and it just gets me thinking about how things can be on the internet, especially w celebrities. I understand what she's trying to say past the dressings (yeah a little more in need of refinement, it's just this age it'd be wiser to).
she's always said she's been influenced by hip hop a branch of music pre-dominantly black from earlier on, worked w some (something of course that I'd think she takes seriously, quote how she fights labels). 
she's just trying to say she's with us (LFL, notes from the forum, fan presents in the form of additional music, to a degree her poetry), supportive of social issues, but she has to do it in her own way, not because someone's dictating her on the internet. 

it can be irksome having all these people figuratively breathe down your neck, saying how things should be done, it's like a normal person would say, "wtf, I'm doing what I can, you don't know me and what i've already done?" it just so happens that fame already accelerates that intensity by so-much-fold. how would you react if you were in that position? when ur intentions are good, doing things to support the causes that you believe in and fall in line w what people have been talking about her for (action). to have ur every move picked apart when you're already trying. back to society and trying to be a good citizen can already be so complex enough, I can understand how all that heat can cause her to only stick to her own set of values, especially w how things find her. 

it's a kind of policing that doesn't mean much, but just cause chaos, and for what? brownie points? so u can do ur social justice roll call? I understand how important it is, very much, and to stick for what's right, and especially to defend the people that need help care and love. but doing so isn't just the jobs for those w platforms, it's also up to us as individuals. 

you don't karate chop a drunk friend after a night out. you get them a blanket, you drive them home, you let them rest, get them some carbs etc. yeah you sass em a little for getting so fucked up, be a little proud of em but make it digestable thru honest checks, but lightheartedly. it takes a lot of care and love, and an unfortunate level of understanding that sometimes the other party doesn't deserve, but we do it anyway, bc we can't just keep divided. we're all human at the end of the day, and we need to respect that. lately all i've been witnessing is the karate chopping, and not sticking around to care for the person to make progress, or snapping back. with all relationships and interactions that you're going to flip back from, it's important to make sure that you leave a good impression, and that you're there for them to improve. if given the chance to, to do a job well, not just rushed and expect flowers the very next day. 

we're all healing from different kinds of hurt, but the strong ones are usually the ones who understand, check the other side, and nurture them to a joint understanding and connection. so there's peace love and understanding between them both. you just get more hate with hate. we need to understand that love and following thru together is what we need as people, thru little gestures, acts, nurture. but we also need to learn to accept those and meet someone where they're at, so they can continue growing because everyone's gonna fail, but at least they're trying. and it's not fair, or maybe even right, but we have to at least try and move forward with them. or else nothing's gonna change. 

before anyone tags me. I've gone thru so much in life already, even in my younger age. i've found safety in my life, only just a few years ago, what a family is, even just a lot more recently. and even then. sometimes it feels like a dream. I do what I can to see thru people and figure out what they really mean. statistically me being here? not good. I pushed thru w tears, not because I looked at myself first, and was honestly just confused af bc of personal circumstances i couldn't help before. but we have to push thru with love, that's what kept me going. trauma's only just gonna get worse w each blow.was it fair I ask myself? no. but there hopefully comes a point to when that threshhold of pain is over exceeded. and you decide. you can't be that person that goes into the statistic. you have to do better. for yourself. and to hopefully show others that it's at least possible. bc really, some don't even know that, and I think it's just the most horrible thing. example. thru example. 

hope everyone does something for someone else today. not to get anything out of it, but because we need more of that in this world. not just thru the net. physically. I get her good intentions spiel because it really does do a lot. a nod, opening the door, a little conversation to ease awkwardness.what more, the more refined acts? doing something this cold world might not expect to the point of making it mythology. cold screens won't always do that. 


1wT9S58.gif gJ98bsd.gif RAixAXz.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it bad that when she brought up dating rappers I thought about ASAP Rocky first? :toofunny:  Not sure if it was ever rumored that they were a thing? 
 

And any idea why Val wasn’t tagged? 
Lana doesn’t even follow the Tatiana girl... Just some odd things I noticed, especially if everyone on the cover are “sisters” to her, I figured she’d follow them all on there 

Edited by colaandvideogames

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mypolaroidfrown said:

Very well said! I do think you have a very good point and you could very well be right. I was just worried that perhaps she's getting sick of Fame & everything and this is going to be her last record. Maybe I read too much into it and took it too literally, but I remember that original interview and I got the vibe that she just wanted to be done with everything as far as her mainstream music career.

I’m getting a similar vibe- that CoCC + 2 poetry books are squeezing her creativity, perhaps prematurely and due to poor management. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dragon said:

there's this thing that I've been reading about reactive abuse and it just gets me thinking about how things can be on the internet, especially w celebrities. I understand what she's trying to say past the dressings (yeah a little more in need of refinement, it's just this age it'd be wiser to).
she's always said she's been influenced by hip hop a branch of music pre-dominantly black from earlier on, worked w some (something of course that I'd think she takes seriously, quote how she fights labels). 
she's just trying to say she's with us (LFL, notes from the forum, fan presents in the form of additional music, to a degree her poetry), supportive of social issues, but she has to do it in her own way, not because someone's dictating her on the internet. 

it can be irksome having all these people figuratively breathe down your neck, saying how things should be done, it's like a normal person would say, "wtf, I'm doing what I can, you don't know me and what i've already done?" it just so happens that fame already accelerates that intensity by so-much-fold. how would you react if you were in that position? when ur intentions are good, doing things to support the causes that you believe in and fall in line w what people have been talking about her for (action). to have ur every move picked apart when you're already trying. back to society and trying to be a good citizen can already be so complex enough, I can understand how all that heat can cause her to only stick to her own set of values, especially w how things find her. 

it's a kind of policing that doesn't mean much, but just cause chaos, and for what? brownie points? so u can do ur social justice roll call? I understand how important it is, very much, and to stick for what's right, and especially to defend the people that need help care and love. but doing so isn't just the jobs for those w platforms, it's also up to us as individuals. 

you don't karate chop a drunk friend after a night out. you get them a blanket, you drive them home, you let them rest, get them some carbs etc. yeah you sass em a little for getting so fucked up, be a little proud of em but make it digestable thru honest checks, but lightheartedly. it takes a lot of care and love, and an unfortunate level of understanding that sometimes the other party doesn't deserve, but we do it anyway, bc we can't just keep divided. we're all human at the end of the day, and we need to respect that. lately all i've been witnessing is the karate chopping, and not sticking around to care for the person to make progress, or snapping back. with all relationships and interactions that you're going to flip back from, it's important to make sure that you leave a good impression, and that you're there for them to improve. if given the chance to, to do a job well, not just rushed and expect flowers the very next day. 

we're all healing from different kinds of hurt, but the strong ones are usually the ones who understand, check the other side, and nurture them to a joint understanding and connection. so there's peace love and understanding between them both. you just get more hate with hate. we need to understand that love and following thru together is what we need as people, thru little gestures, acts, nurture. but we also need to learn to accept those and meet someone where they're at, so they can continue growing because everyone's gonna fail, but at least they're trying. and it's not fair, or maybe even right, but we have to at least try and move forward with them. or else nothing's gonna change. 

before anyone tags me. I've gone thru so much in life already, even in my younger age. i've found safety in my life, only just a few years ago, what a family is, even just a lot more recently. and even then. sometimes it feels like a dream. I do what I can to see thru people and figure out what they really mean. statistically me being here? not good. I pushed thru w tears, not because I looked at myself first, and was honestly just confused af bc of personal circumstances i couldn't help before. but we have to push thru with love, that's what kept me going. trauma's only just gonna get worse w each blow.was it fair I ask myself? no. but there hopefully comes a point to when that threshhold of pain is over exceeded. and you decide. you can't be that person that goes into the statistic. you have to do better. for yourself. and to hopefully show others that it's at least possible. bc really, some don't even know that, and I think it's just most horrible thing. example. thru example. 

hope everyone does something for someone else today. not to get anything out of it, but because we need more of that in this world. not just thru the net. physically. I get her good intentions spiel because it really does do a lot. a nod, opening the door, a little conversation to ease awkwardness.what more, the more refined acts? doing something this cold world might not expect to the point of making it mythology. cold screens won't always do that. 

 

I understand what you are to say and I think that the reaction of people with Lana, in some cases, is disproportionate. And the way she reacts, always on the defensive, ends up ruling out any possibility of a productive dialogue. Perhaps if she were more open to listening to people and reflecting on what they are talking about, it could also contribute, in some way, to people listening to her as well. There has to be an exchange. But on the net, people tend to forget that on the other side of the screen there is a human being about whom nothing is known about their internal struggles. And that is a problem. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...