LDRO

Instagram Updates

Yall gonna stone me but i do feel like shes ignorant and maybe uneducated. 

If i were her rn, the best thing to do would be silent and chill out. Yes the internet takes a completely different turn on things you say but theres no way of stop that behavior  (except educating yourself more progressively) 

How dare Lana have a different take that isn't the Regurgitated Approved Opinioneveryone expects! I don't need my favorite artist to agree with me 100%, thank God. I'm happy to hear her say that she's not going away.

let me be who i'm meant to be

What is Lauren saying in the second half? Is she trying to point out narcissistic behavior to reflect on in ourselves? It's a bit hard to tell cause I don't think narcissism and psychopathy is "who we are", for most of us anyway, including Lana. That's a choice, and we can go against it by making the decision to learn and do better. 

Real Narcissists and Psychopaths couldn't even if they tried. 

3 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

What is Lauren saying in the second half? Is she trying to point out narcissistic behavior to reflect on in ourselves? It's a bit hard to tell cause I don't think narcissism and psychopathy is "who we are", for most of us anyway, including Lana. That's a choice, and we can go against it by making the decision to learn and do better. 

I don’t think she’s necessarily saying “we” are the narcissists and psychopaths in question, but rather we should see the lack of self-awareness in these political figures and conduct more extensive self-examinations and changes in our lives that result in a collective positive outcome since the people in power aren’t. 

6 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

We = The culture 

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

I don’t think she’s necessarily saying “we” are the narcissists and psychopaths in question, but rather we should see the lack of self-awareness in these political figures and conduct more extensive self-examinations and changes in our lives that result in a collective positive outcome since the people in power aren’t. 

Thanks for answering!

I guess she then meant that if we look towards celebrities so much in these situations to guide us, it's taking away our own self awareness? 

1 minute ago, sexyslutboy said:

is it just me or is she kind of talking like trisha paytas. i can't put my finger on exactly why but it just feels like it

i was just thinking this omg the mannerisms are literally trisha

Just now, Ultra Violet said:

Thanks for answering!

I guess she then meant that if we look towards celebrities so much in these situations to guide us, it's taking away our own self awareness? 

Aw, of course!

I think so - I feel like she’s saying that the media’s manipulation of Lana’s comments and Lana’s intentions/portrayal of herself on her own account through her music creates a discrepancy. And that discrepancy leads to accountability becoming a grey area from both  parties because there are so many juxtapositions going on - so it’s best to be discerning and to be able to form your own opinion on what’s going on and the only way to do that is to actually confront what you’re doing in your life and how you are. 

I agree with her statement - I think there’s a lot of projection in the culture right now and a lot of things aren’t really being translated well across the pond. :( 

1 minute ago, sexyslutboy said:

Of course she's still bringing up how totally not-rich she was. still hung up on the criticism she was getting like 7 years ago when it has nothing to do with the issue at hand

I think for Lana it's just going round and round in her head, with all the criticism she's ever received coming back at once and that's really a shame! Same would prob happen to me tbh cause I'm an over-thinker. We are not mad about the same things critics were mad about in 2012 :defeated: 

But idk, like I said before, perhaps people really are still hung up about that and she's only seeing the extreme cases of criticism right now, instead of the people practically begging her to learn to be a better ally.