LDRO

Instagram Updates

Honestly I don't blame Lana (an American) to not know the exact details of a royal marriage or to know a royal individuals past. The people getting upset over this are fucking ridiculous. If Lana knew about the incest and racism then I think she wouldn't have been so generous towards Prince Philip (I like to believe Lana is smarter than that and wouldn't set herself up in such a way). 

Chill ya'll. He's dead. :tommy:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 hour ago, Whitemustang said:

I didn’t call anyone dumb. I said Lana’s posts are dumb which is my opinion and I’m entitled to having it and sharing it. I did say she sounds uneducated about many issues in terms of race/inequality and it has sadly shown in her posts a lot lately. I love her artistry but that won’t stop me from holding her accountable when she posts stupid stuff. I would expect the same from my friends if I did the same thing. It’s all about growing and becoming a more aware person at the end of the day. And the monarchy IS a problematic institution: institutionally racist, misogynistic and classist. So I’m not going to sit there quietly and say Lana’s post was great when it was glamorising two people who are the faces of it.

8nl2OpX.png

11 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

I know many Americans romanticise the monarchy because they don't have one, so she's probably one of those.

Lol this reminds me of when my mum was dating an American guy. She visited him and his family and she found it weird how much they all fawned over the royal family  :eek2:

I find that the English royalty is useless except to make pay the taxpayer of the taxes, their life of lust is indecent for the english and this family hides a lot of scandals, they are not clear.

On the other hand, I don't see the scandal between Lana and them, I think she has always loved royalty, lust with diamonds, this "old love forever and ever" side, a bit like Elvis and Priscilla: young, famous, rich with a certain aura.

I really would have seen a Biopic with Diana and Young & Beautiful in the background, absolutely.

Lana is not uneducated or ignorant. She's a decent person who thought of something nice to say about a public figure who passed away.

She's open-minded enough to have her own opinions outside the hypocritical, hive-minded, mob, and brave enough to express them in public. This is why we are drawn to her art, consciously or subconsciously. The culture truly is sick, but the tides are turning hopefully. 

Get free 

2 hours ago, Whitemustang said:

I didn’t call anyone dumb. I said Lana’s posts are dumb which is my opinion and I’m entitled to having it and sharing it. I did say she sounds uneducated about many issues in terms of race/inequality and it has sadly shown in her posts a lot lately. I love her artistry but that won’t stop me from holding her accountable when she posts stupid stuff. I would expect the same from my friends if I did the same thing. It’s all about growing and becoming a more aware person at the end of the day. And the monarchy IS a problematic institution: institutionally racist, misogynistic and classist. So I’m not going to sit there quietly and say Lana’s post was great when it was glamorising two people who are the faces of it.

But why would you call it "uneducated", maybe she has a different opinion then you? :) I really don't think, she doesn't know or care about the political/cultural backround.  

I mean today we are told that every person is equal and that is totally true on some levels, but why should I think that there's no difference between sexes or races, when I see there are. (And if you'd say they are different because the world doesn't let them to be the same, now it's coded in there genes anyways as people lived like this for thousands of years.)

So we're all people, and that puts us on the same level, but some nations, classes, etc. (as a community and as individuals) did (or have) more then others and that makes us not equal. E.g. if I take a lesson, my teacher and I are equal relationshipwise but not situationwise, as she/he knows more then me. :) And you can't force nature to make everyone equal in every way when it simply doesn't work like that. I'm from Europe and I still see the harms that communism caused. The European culture was the most blooming when there were these high classes and most of them were very well educated, in a much higher level then people are these days. (lLike Mozart was speaking 3 languages when he was 14). There are no classes now (well, let's pretend), and that layer with the real sophisticated people is just lost. Is there anyone here who read anything from Dostoevsky? 

3 hours ago, Whitemustang said:

This is pure cringe. She sent a message of condolence with that post, which is a kind thing to do. Saying that she endorses a „problematic institution“ shows that nowadays people try to cancel you for everything they can.

And you are not „holding her accountable“ my edgy friend, you‘re doing nothing. 

2 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Honestly I don't blame Lana (an American) to not know the exact details of a royal marriage or to know a royal individuals past. The people getting upset over this are fucking ridiculous. If Lana knew about the incest (...)

But even if she knew it: So what? That‘s what monarchies have done for centuries and up until recently. Marrying your cousin is obviously not a good idea, but back in the day it was quite normal. And we can we still show empathy when someone has died, no? :whatever2:

6 minutes ago, COCC said:

But even if she knew it: So what? That‘s what monarchies have done for centuries and up until recently. Marrying your cousin is obviously not a good idea, but back in the day it was quite normal. And we can we still show empathy when someone has died, no? :whatever2:

I don't know, I think feeling sorry for a racist person is highly questionable. I think it's more appropriate for Philip's family to feel the loss - not everyday people who have suffered under the power of the monarchy for centuries. Also even if something was normal back in the day, that doesn't mean it should be swept under the rug completely. Obviously we can't change people's actions from the past but that doesn't really justify the action itself. It's just common sense. The main reason the royal family is so incestuous was to keep the bloodline 'pure'. Not really much to do with love...

10 minutes ago, COCC said:

This is pure cringe. She sent a message of condolence with that post, which is a kind thing to do. Saying that she endorses a „problematic institution“ shows that nowadays people try to cancel you for everything they can.

And you are not „holding her accountable“ my edgy friend, you‘re doing nothing. 

I don’t try to cancel her for anything. I love Lana but equally she’s a human being and human beings are flawed. I think it’s healthy to accept that and I don’t understand why you’re trying to shut me down for simply voicing I don’t agree with her on things. Such a toxic response ugh 

2 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I don't know, I think feeling sorry for a racist person is highly questionable. I think it's more appropriate for Philip's family to feel the loss - not everyday people who have suffered under the power of the monarchy for centuries. Also even if something was normal back in the day, that doesn't mean it should be swept under the rug completely. Obviously we can't change people's actions from the past but that doesn't really justify the action itself. It's just common sense. The main reason the royal family is so incestuous was to keep the bloodline 'pure'. Not really much to do with love...

But how is posting a picture of him the same thing as endorsing everything you mentioned? I really do think we have bigger issues right now and that we are holding her (again) to higher standards than other people / popstars. It‘s a message of condolence and admiration of a marriage that lasted 70 years, not an approval of racism.

5 minutes ago, Whitemustang said:

I don’t try to cancel her for anything. I love Lana but equally she’s a human being and human beings are flawed. I think it’s healthy to accept that and I don’t understand why you’re trying to shut me down for simply voicing I don’t agree with her on things. Such a toxic response ugh 

Not shutting you down, as I am also simply voicing my opinion. It‘s quite obvious that she is flawed, like every other person, but trying to „hold her accountable“ for those picture is cringe to me, ngl.

4 minutes ago, COCC said:

But how is posting a picture of him the same thing as endorsing everything you mentioned? I really do think we have bigger issues right now and that we are holding her (again) to higher standards than other people / popstars. It‘s a message of condolence and admiration of a marriage that lasted 70 years, not an approval of racism.

Oh I'm not saying that's what's happening here or that Lana is okay with the racism. I agree that Lana can post a picture of Prince Philip without it really meaning anything. Lana obviously admires Philip and Elizabeth's relationship in it's simplest form because it's a relationship that lasted a very long time. 

14 minutes ago, COCC said:

Weren't they third cousins? In that case, it doesn't mean anything to me. 

Just now, Bunny Mozart said:

Oh I'm not saying that's what's happening here or that Lana is okay with the racism. I agree that Lana can post a picture of Prince Philip without it really meaning anything. Lana obviously admires Philip and Elizabeth's relationship in it's simplest form and that it's a relationship that lasted a very long time. 

Thanks :kiss2: Because that‘s what I‘m reading everywhere on reddit or Instagram.