Gecko

Radiohead

Radiohead are an English rock band from Abingdon, Oxfordshire, formed in 1985. The band consists of Thom Yorke (lead vocals, guitar, piano, keyboards), Jonny Greenwood (lead guitar, keyboards, other instruments), Colin Greenwood (bass), Phil Selway (drums, percussion, backing vocals) and Ed O'Brien (guitar, backing vocals).

Radiohead released their debut single "Creep" in 1992. It became a worldwide hit after the release of the band's debut album, Pablo Honey (1993). Their popularity and critical standing rose in the United Kingdom with the release of their second album, The Bends (1995). Radiohead's third album, OK Computer (1997), propelled them to international fame; with an expansive sound and themes of modern alienation, it is often acclaimed as a landmark record of the 1990s and one of the best albums of all time.

The group's next album Kid A (2000) marked a dramatic evolution in their style, as they incorporated influences from experimental electronic music, 20th-century classical music, krautrock, and jazz. Despite initially dividing fans and critics, Kid A was later named the best album of the decade by Rolling Stone, Pitchfork and the Times. Amnesiac, recorded during the same sessions as Kid A, was released in 2001.

Radiohead's sixth album, Hail to the Thief (2003), mixed rock and electronic music with lyrics inspired by the War on Terror, and was the band's final album for their record label, EMI. They released their seventh album, In Rainbows (2007), as a download for which customers could set their own price, to critical and chart success. Their eighth album, The King of Limbs (2011), was an exploration of rhythms and ambient sounds, and was developed using extensive looping and sampling. Their ninth album, A Moon Shaped Pool (2016), prominently featured Jonny Greenwood's orchestral arrangements.

Radiohead have sold more than 30 million albums worldwide.

Their work places highly in both listener polls and critics' lists of the best music of the 1990s and 2000s. In 2005, they were ranked 73rd in Rolling Stone's list of "The Greatest Artists of All Time"; Jonny Greenwood (48th) and O'Brien were both included in Rolling Stone's list of greatest guitarists, and Yorke (66th) in their list of greatest singers. In 2009, Rolling Stone readers voted the group the second best artist of the 2000s.

It has just been released their new work "A Moon Shaped Pool"!

It includes several songs written some years earlier, including "True Love Waits" (which dates to at least 1995), along with strings and choral vocals.

Surely Radiohead are an interesting band, one of my favourites, and not being here is outrageous. For now these songs can be enough, even if there are so many songs to post... how much I love Radiohead! :flutter: :flutter:  :flutter:

See you soon!

What is or what are your favourities songs of Radiohead? :)

Now I'm obsessed with "All I Need" and other songs from "In Rainbows".

I don't know which album is their best; maybe it can be "Ok Computer", but "The Bends" and "In Rainbows" are amazing.

I really like them but I've probably only got the greatest hits on my ipod. If there's a good enough master post around I'll endeavour to check out the rest of their discography! 

I'd really like Lana to attempt Creep. Which could very well be awful, but she surprised us with Heart-shaped box!

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I feel really basic since I've only listened to "A moon shaped pool" + the song "creep" and at the moment my favorite song from them is "Burn the witch". I will try to listen to their other albums since I really enjoyed this new one :)

:legend: :legend: :legend: :legend:

The new album is amazing

Can't wait to see them next year if the rumors are true

Thom Yorke is so fucking weird and strange and I love it. Such a cool guy and such a cool artist. The band is awesome too, I love them.

What rumors?

Probably a tour or something lol

PNoV6l.gif

Tomorrow, 17th of June, Radiohead are doing some sort of a world wide live streaming event which lasts all day in various different record stores. A playlist consisting of songs from the new album and some favorites from the rest will also be played after the live performance.

I'm kinda sad Radiohead is this underrated on LB tbh. They're so good I mean c'mon  :what:

Anyways it's been months and only now I realize how good Ful Stop is.

Also what is your guys's favorite Radiohead album?

Also what is your guys's favorite Radiohead album?

No doubt, "Ok Computer". I know that "The Bends", "Kid A" and "In Rainbows" are masterpieces, but they have not the same deep I perceive in Ok Computer imho. :)

It's a cover of "True Love Waits", one of my fav songs :)