TIARNZUS

Forum Suggestions

• MAKE @@annedauphine A CONTRIBUTOR TO THE INTERVIEWS SECTION
  • MAKE @@annedauphine A CONTRIBUTOR TO THE INTERVIEWS SECTION
  • More delegation of admin powers to mods. I know @@YUNGATA has more privileges, but I'm not sure if she has enough, or if maybe more mods should have those too.
  • Is there any way to put a time delay on posting from new accounts? Some spam accounts are more sophisticated, but I can't count the number of spammers that have a status update, posts, and have created a thread, but show they've been online for only like 7 seconds.
  • More transparency about the site's financial situation. If donation is necessary to keep the site going, I think more people would be willing to donate if they knew what the site's cost are and how much existing revenue streams are bringing in. Would also be nice to demonstrate you're not pulling a @ on us or something. Not that I would care if you made a profit as long as that was transparent.

And one more thing,

MAKE LANABOARDS GREAT AGAIN

MAKE @@annedauphine A CONTRIBUTOR TO THE INTERVIEWS SECTION

(Also, I'm sure I'll think of more.)

@@YUNGATA @@SitarHero @

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

As well as agreeing with all the requests evilentity made, I would just like to point out the obvious; the forum software needs a long overdue upgrade. There's a major DP problem, status section breaks if someone posts something like a Soundcloud link or when a status is too long sometimes the comments entirely disappear when we try to view more and I'm sure there are many more that I'm forgetting. But something that's more important is in my opinion:

I believe there are better ways to get people to donate. Communicating with the mods and members, in my opinion, should be the standard and it forms the basis for trust (which is hugely lacking) and in return brings more donations over time. Things cannot be fixed overnight but I think this topic is a good starting point to help Lanaboards reach its full potential that the devoted members desperately need. Forcing ads and the occasional status updates about donating are clearly not very helpful because we all know and see that the forum is falling apart and one of the big factors for that is financial constraints. I also know that the members of this forum would be willing to help with that if there is a clear communication between the admin and the rest of us

Many more things that can be said but I think it was crucial to start with this. 

Thanks! 

- An option to delete a comment/delete could be awesome..

Sometimes there's that annoying double post bug (both on comments and threads) so deleting the 2nd one could be very helpful!

- A permanent solution to the avi change bug will be very useful!

giphy.gif

As well as agreeing with all the requests evilentity made, I would just like to point out the obvious; the forum software needs a long overdue upgrade. There's a major DP problem, status section breaks if someone posts something like a Soundcloud link or when a status is too long sometimes the comments entirely disappear when we try to view more and I'm sure there are many more that I'm forgetting. But something that's more important is in my opinion:

I believe there are better ways to get people to donate. Communicating with the mods and members, in my opinion, should be the standard and it forms the basis for trust (which is hugely lacking) and in return brings more donations over time. Things cannot be fixed overnight but I think this topic is a good starting point to help Lanaboards reach its full potential that the devoted members desperately need. Forcing ads and the occasional status updates about donating are clearly not very helpful because we all know and see that the forum is falling apart and one of the big factors for that is financial constraints. I also know that the members of this forum would be willing to help with that if there is a clear communication between the admin and the rest of us

Many more things that can be said but I think it was crucial to start with this. 

Thanks! 

The Soundcloud thingy problem, the avatar problem and things of that sort are that way because the admin didn't buy the current skin/theme that is on the forum (it's cracked/stolen). So he/she/they can't make any changes on things like that.

gQXKyOa.gif

The Soundcloud thingy problem, and the avatar problem are because the admin didn't buy the current skin/theme that is on the forum (it's cracked/stolen). So he/she/they/them can't make any changes on things like that.

No, actually it broke when we tried to change the newbie/default display picture from a silhouette of a man to a picture of Lana. 

tumblr_mxx8avPa6n1s4it03o1_500.gif

No, actually it broke when we tried to change the newbie/default display picture from a silhouette of a man to a picture of Lana. 

But there is a way to fix that, so I was wondering maybe it was that because it hasn't yet been fixed.

If there isn't a way to automatically resize youtube videos in status updates, it'd be nifty if there was like a little box thingy under the donation box saying to keep videos in spoilers or something. (the only reason i don't follow @@YUNGATA 's request is because nobody else does so it's basically pointless) No shade but videos stretching the homepage look rather tacky.

i had made a post here at like 2am but evidently forgot to send it or something? Anyway, agree with pretty much everything evil said but a couple other minor mod things that I think would help the forum

- ability to unban accounts. I've tried a couple workarounds with this by putting members in different groups or rebanning then trying to unset the ban/time delay it, but can't seem to figure anything out the fully restores previous account powers (such as PMs)

- ability to view reports. I didn't know these were a thing till like a year ago and I've never been able to view them. I think @ could at one point but i'm not sure anymore.

- ability to send email confirmations/password resets.

generally just access to the Admin CP would be really helpful.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

i had made a post here at like 2am but evidently forgot to send it or something?

I am pretty sure I've seen your post in here. I believe that a good portion of the comments that were made around the downtime is gone. 

Please please please just fix the theme I would literally donate if we got a good theme.. this one messes up for people (her head is a quarter way down the page for me.. it's not positioned correctly) not to mention it's one of her worst ever photoshoot pics

a good theme can go a LONG way. it's the first thing people see when they come here.

RVhKIwP.gif

I am pretty sure I've seen your post in here. I believe that a good portion of the comments that were made around the downtime is gone. 

ah okay i think i slept through all of down time so there we go :hooker:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Please please please just fix the theme I would literally donate if we got a good theme.. this one messes up for people (her head is a quarter way down the page for me.. it's not positioned correctly) not to mention it's one of her worst ever photoshoot pics

a good theme can go a LONG way. it's the first thing people see when they come here.

Not just a new theme, I think it's time for a complete redesign, LB 2.0. This forum hasn't changed at all since it's launch in 2012, except for different banners.

Edited by GwenStefani