TIARNZUS

Forum Suggestions

I agree with @@evilentity and @@YUNGATA's posts! I also posted in Staff Chat; it'd be nice to be a mod in ability and not just in name! :flop:

I believe we need more moderators. Half of them aren't active as much as they were before (not blaming them, they have other stuff to do).

I see what you mean about us being less active, but I'm doubtful that activity on the forum actually warrants more moderators...

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

@@TIARNZUS thank you so much for allowing me into the Interviews section, I'm very excited to start working on it! However since the forum went down I'm back to not being able to see the section  :( There are a few different things but I was only able to see the section a few minutes before the forum went down.

ZKcaooE.png

- ability to view reports. I didn't know these were a thing till like a year ago and I've never been able to view them. I think @ could at one point but i'm not sure anymore.

Wow, really? I confess I never looked at them until embarrassingly late in the game, but I think I've always had the ability to. Weird since you generally have more privileges than the rest of us.

generally just access to the Admin CP would be really helpful.

Pretty much this.

I believe we need more moderators. Half of them aren't active as much as they were before (not blaming them, they have other stuff to do).

I wouldn't necessarily oppose more mods depending on who it was, but I'm not convinced our activity has dwindled to the point where that is actually the problem. Are there any specific things you think are not being done that should be that you think more moderators would help?

@@TIARNZUS thank you so much for allowing me into the Interviews section, I'm very excited to start working on it! However since the forum went down I'm back to not being able to see the section   :( There are a few different things but I was only able to see the section a few minutes before the forum went down.

:noparty: Why do I have a bad feeling there was an unsuccessful attempt at an upgrade followed by a reversion?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Wow, really? I confess I never looked at them until embarrassingly late in the game, but I think I've always had the ability to. Weird since you generally have more privileges than the rest of us.

I'm starting to feel like there's one or two things we can all do ,that the others can't. tbh we need to list out or mod powers bcos ideally we'd all be able to to do the same thing.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Maybe bringing back spaces in usernames? It's hardly anything worth mentioning, but I always wondered why spaces were no longer allowed in usernames.
Might have to do with the fact that a few of us also took advantage of using special characters in our usernames just because we could. I'M SORRY. 

I also agree that we should give the mods more privileges and admin-power; I don't think we need more mods, though I would love to be one myself, each of the mods already do a great job with keeping things controlled and handling situations with impartiality. I just think they need more privileges so that they can further provide excellent help and service for the rest of the community.

I think each thread should be limited to 5 or 10 pages or a certain amount of posts only (perhaps 250?)

and then that thread closed, and a new one begins, and in the first OP, a link to the prior one.

Because a thread like Ultraviolence, 2 years down the road, who can navigate it?

Also, I for one cannot cut/paste anything from words, to links, to photos in either the quick reply or more reply options.

It does not show up and I have given up trying.

(once or twice I will literally copy a link one character at a time, and hope it comes up.

If I am doing something wrong, please in detail say what I should be doing.

Because right click/copy/paste don't work and neither does the other prompts above.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I think each thread should be limited to 5 or 10 pages or a certain amount of posts only (perhaps 250?)

and then that thread closed, and a new one begins, and in the first OP, a link to the prior one.

Because a thread like Ultraviolence, 2 years down the road, who can navigate it?

Also, I for one cannot cut/paste anything from words, to links, to photos in either the quick reply or more reply options.

It does not show up and I have given up trying.

(once or twice I will literally copy a link one character at a time, and hope it comes up.

If I am doing something wrong, please in detail say what I should be doing.

Because right click/copy/paste don't work and neither does the other prompts above.

Use ctrl+v if you want to paste and ctrl+c if you want to copy

Because a thread like Ultraviolence, 2 years down the road, who can navigate it?/quote]

I have no proposition, for me the forum is fine but if I can voice my opinion, please don't to that! I see where Graham Is coming from but I think that it would really kill conversation around here!

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I have no proposition, for me the forum is fine but if I can voice my opinion, please don't to that! I see where Graham Is coming from but I think that it would really kill conversation around here!

I do understand what he is trying to propose. what i think is better, is for posts to be post-worthy, as there are many posts that are either two words or irrelevant to the topic/thread, and i think that is something every individual can try to change

I think it would be really cool to bring back member of the month! I love the sense of community on this forum and it really seemed to engage it :) Especially since Lana is a bit more quiet now!

Edit: also please allow me back into the interviews section :poordat: I have a lot of work and I can't start until I see what's already been done and how to do it! This is the project I care about the most :(

ZKcaooE.png

I think it would be really cool to bring back member of the month! I love the sense of community on this forum and it really seemed to engage it :) Especially since Lana is a bit more quiet now!

@@SitarHero stake your claim or i'm snatching your crown :smokes4:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I am also here for @@annedauphine to be a mod. She's been a member for a little over a year, and she already has almost 1,500 posts. :oprah: I have been here for almost four years and I only have 1.3k posts. Her commitment to our community is real. :oprah: :oprah: :oprah:

I would also love for MOTM to make a comeback. I think we've gone without it long enough, it's a great way to get to know one another, and I'd love for past winners to get another win/interview and see where they are at now. What was the rule again for nominating past winners? I know you couldn't nominate them for the following month, but how much time had to pass for them to become eligible candidates again?

Even if, by chance, having past winners be eligible for nomination would be considered unfair, a monthly "Where Are They Now?" kind of spin-off would be awesome to have alongside MOTM.

I know not all the members who won in the past are still active, so doing it in a "June MOTM 2016" and "Where Are They Now? June MOTM 2014" might not work as well in practice as it does in theory, but it's something to consider if we aren't starting fresh with the MOTM and making past candidates eligible again.

Well if the need for a new mod comes I would be more than happy to help :) I love Lana more than anything in the world and I can say without a doubt that I made some of my best friends here and spent some of the happiest moments of my life and it would be an honour to give back to this community! 

Edit: oh and I've been a mod on another forum for several years so I kinda now how it's like, and I spend LITERALLY every single second of my time here unfortunately

ZKcaooE.png