TIARNZUS

Forum Suggestions

As a new guy discovering Lana's universe after falling in love with 2-3 songs of her, I don't really know where to start  :( . So imagine a sticky topic, a kinda "survival kit" where the newcomer can find for example : 

• Her most famous/successful (from both commercial and fan point of view) songs
  • Major live performances 
  • A quick description of each of her albums
  • A "you may like" section, just like what the Muse reddit boys did. Example
  • A tiny bit of personal information around her (like some of the Lana Thoughts topics)

I'm writting this because while browsing topics, I sometimes don't understand jokes nor specific references, or even quotes from her :D

Any thoughts ?

Can we have an 'Ignore Status' option for members? We can ignore posts and signatures so I wonder if this can be implemented if it isn't already?

Also, is there a way to turn off the default for mobile site? I always want the desktop version on my phone but the DRAMA of having to change it every time. . . 

3lfQEhw.png

As a new guy discovering Lana's universe after falling in love with 2-3 songs of her, I don't really know where to start  :( . So imagine a sticky topic, a kinda "survival kit" where the newcomer can find for example : 

• Her most famous/successful (from both commercial and fan point of view) songs
  • Major live performances 
  • A quick description of each of her albums
  • A "you may like" section, just like what the Muse reddit boys did. Example
  • A tiny bit of personal information around her (like some of the Lana Thoughts topics)

I'm writting this because while browsing topics, I sometimes don't understand jokes nor specific references, or even quotes from her :D

Any thoughts ?

As a person whose Muse had an enormous impact on her life (fuck if I know this grammar is correct), I really appreciate this Muse chart. Although I would have started with Origin of Symmetry

ZKcaooE.png

someone suggested this a while ago before me but i just want to say it too bc i would love it. the option to toggle between past themes if you still want to use them instead of the current one. i remember ppl were DYING to get rid of the hm theme but i miss it :defeated:

UbsOye5.png

I think it would increase activity if there was 1 or 2 users added to the staff team with the job of posting interesting news articles in the ‘world news’ section, they wouldn’t have moderator privileges or anything like that, they’d just keep that section alive w a steady flow of interesting discussion points. also as another user suggested the news section could be expanded to accommodate more mundane news articles like showbiz and important news in that regard. Having a steady flow of new topics in that section could greatly increase friendly debates and keep users interested throughout the day. The topics posted in the news section are almost always pretty popular but not many topics actually get made.

(this isn’t me saying I’d like to do that job lmao)

RVhKIwP.gif

I think it would increase activity if there was 1 or 2 users added to the staff team with the job of posting interesting news articles in the ‘world news’ section, they wouldn’t have moderator privileges or anything like that, they’d just keep that section alive w a steady flow of interesting discussion points. also as another user suggested the news section could be expanded to accommodate more mundane news articles like showbiz and important news in that regard. Having a steady flow of new topics in that section could greatly increase friendly debates and keep users interested throughout the day. The topics posted in the news section are almost always pretty popular but not many topics actually get made.

(this isn’t me saying I’d like to do that job lmao)

This is a great idea and I fully believe World News should be discussed...but I also worry about a Reddit-like mob-mentality forming over divisive issues and a culture of cyber bullying. But I think, on a whole, LB users are kinder and more expecting than other facets of the internet.

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

I’ve seen some cute ideas at this other forum I think would be nice to implement here, like to have a mod make new users feel welcome, fun activities for the community to participate in (like my annual Secret Santa)... I can still do it but make me a mod, it’ll be fun. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

This is a great idea and I fully believe World News should be discussed...but I also worry about a Reddit-like mob-mentality forming over divisive issues and a culture of cyber bullying. But I think, on a whole, LB users are kinder and more expecting than other facets of the internet.

Yeah, don’t get me wrong LB users have their fair share of messiness :awkney: but I’ve not seen anything completely gross lately and I think for the most part ppl in here are sensible - maybe the people appointed to post articles could have mod privileges for that section of the forum only?

I just wish there were more topics constantly being posted in, lately it’s like there’s the same 3 or 4 topics then random decade old ones being bumped (looking at you ‘Foot Fetish Thread’) :awkney:

RVhKIwP.gif

10 minutes ago, BeautifulAnywhere said:

Can we please choose a profile picture with more than 330kb? It’s so hard to find cute photos that tiny :crai:

Compressing then usually doesn’t mess up the quality too much. There’s a site I use that compresses called tinypng that reduces size without affecting quality 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

1. chemtrails theme based on alt cover or mv pls............. not the instagram pic :toofunny:

2. i still really miss the option to go to last read post instead of just the first or last page of each thread, is there ever a chance of getting this back or will it not work with the new site??

3. not as important but .... spare norman theme ma'am??? 

4. can we have themes before lfl back too?? again not really a priority but would be nice to have!!

UbsOye5.png