TIARNZUS

Forum Suggestions

I think we should consider removing post like functionality

Not only is it one of the more addictive and toxic features of sm but I think it stifles quality discussion because without it, people might post a reply that expands upon the post they're agreeing with, instead of just tapping like

I really don't know what this feature is contributing to discussions as it stands

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Not only is it one of the more addictive and toxic features of sm but I think it stifles quality discussion because without it, people might post a reply that expands upon the post they're agreeing with, instead of just tapping like

I really don't know what this feature is contributing to discussions as it stands

Personally I like it, if I wasn’t online during a discussion it lets me still kind of interact w the convo/other users even when the subject has changed or if I don’t feel like posting a reply/expanding on it for whatever reason, it also lets you show support to your friends, or people who are going through a hard time, or lets you celebrate with others etc… Liking posts also lets me go thru all my “liked” posts in one area to find something more quickly than searching for it (cuz we all know how well that search function works :rip:). If you meant addictive/toxic as in checking who liked what post or posting for like-bait, I think that’s the individual’s problem they need to work on independently. I don’t use the like function like that so it doesn’t feel fair to take away something I find quite useful because someone else doesn’t use it responsibly. I honestly don’t want or need to formulate a whole reply to every post I like, so just “liking” it is perfect for me, I would prefer if we kept it 

UbsOye5.png

8 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

we have a massive spam problem as it is. It's been absolutely impossible for members like me who can't afford to be on here 24/7 to keep up with any pre-release thread/discussion, leak threads, etc., because 99% of it is filled with meaningless (entertaining, sometimes, but mostly meaningless) "discussion." your suggestion would worsen this. liking a post offers a quick and easy "I like this content" (which encourages posters to post higher quality things) and lets people show agreement without clogging the thread.

2 hours ago, Sugar Venom said:

Personally I like it, if I wasn’t online during a discussion it lets me still kind of interact w the convo/other users even when the subject has changed or if I don’t feel like posting a reply/expanding on it for whatever reason, it also lets you show support to your friends, or people who are going through a hard time, or lets you celebrate with others etc… Liking posts also lets me go thru all my “liked” posts in one area to find something more quickly than searching for it (cuz we all know how well that search function works :rip:). If you meant addictive/toxic as in checking who liked what post or posting for like-bait, I think that’s the individual’s problem they need to work on independently. I don’t use the like function like that so it doesn’t feel fair to take away something I find quite useful because someone else doesn’t use it responsibly. I honestly don’t want or need to formulate a whole reply to every post I like, so just “liking” it is perfect for me, I would prefer if we kept it 

Fair points, but I think posters shouldn't be relying on a like count to reassure themselves (or others) that they have friends or that what they're saying is valid or popular. I think this is somewhat unhealthy. And unfortunately it's also used by many to be passive aggressive (such as people liking posts calling others cunts) hence the toxicity

The bit about being able to find posts using it is something I didn't think of, though

I wonder if there's a way for posters to disable it on their own accounts @Elle ?

Anyways nbd just a thought

2 hours ago, Shades said:

we have a massive spam problem as it is. 

Separate issue, though

We have likes and people still like posts and then reply with spam anyway. Removing them won't change it

Maybe a minimum character limit would help alleviate spam idk

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Fair points, but I think posters shouldn't be relying on a like count to reassure themselves (or others) that they have friends or that what they're saying is valid or popular. I think this is somewhat unhealthy. And unfortunately it's also used by many to be passive aggressive (such as people liking posts calling others cunts) hence the toxicity

The bit about being able to find posts using it is something I didn't think of, though

I wonder if there's a way for posters to disable it on their own accounts @Elle ?

Anyways nbd just a thought

Tbh I haven’t really seen people using the likes function for validation, on other sm yeah I’d totally agree but this is just lanaboards…. I don’t think anyone is taking this site that seriously :agree: As for the passive aggressiveness, it’s either silently “like” the post, or take away the likes and encourage others to respond with words as you said, which I think would cause even more drama :toofunny: it’s not like this is Instagram where likes mean “you’re attractive” etc that gives people debilitating issues, we’re just discussing Lana and related topics, it’s not personal like that.. I don’t see the likes being an issue and I “like” having the option to use it lol. But good idea, if a user is having an issue with that maybe Elle or the mods can “hide” the like feature for them individually? 

UbsOye5.png

no shade but i don’t think any of these suggestions have actually been responded to in like 3 years :lmao:

although on the off-chance someone does actually respond pls make a dark theme so my eyes can stop BURNING!! and check out my suggestion 1 or 2 pages back about the news section :heart:

RVhKIwP.gif

Just now, Pineapple B00ST said:

the weather vane mv still with her and her sisters waiting in gray would make an EXCELLENT theme just in time for spooks day

Omg yes!! Manifesting  :pray2::pray2::pray2:

2 minutes ago, May said:

no shade but i don’t think any of these suggestions have actually been responded to in like 3 years :lmao:

Hope is a dangerous thing, and yEttt... :kum:

52 minutes ago, May said:

although on the off-chance someone does actually respond pls make a dark theme so my eyes can stop BURNING!! and check out my suggestion 1 or 2 pages back about the news section :heart:

F708-BC43-0-D30-4616-89-B4-0495-F2275078

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

still vouching for every member to have a "favorite ldr song" section for their profile/member tags, i think it would be really cool to see everybody's favorite lana song(s) and to express our own

@May kinda does have a point, like, i don't feel like anything we request gets implemented, of course some ideas may not work with the website itself, or just simply aren't the greatest ideas, but i feel like it's pointless to even suggest anything because nothing happens :awkney:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

6 minutes ago, May said:

now how the f did u do that ..

I personally use an app on my phone called Dark Mode that works for safari, but I’m sure there are others if you’re accessing from mobile! They may cost money, though—typically no more than $3

I think it would be so cool if there were an app for LB forums! I know nothing about that process, if it’s free, or how registering the app would work, honestly..but just a cool idea regardless!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

On 10/21/2021 at 9:04 AM, Surf Noir said:

still vouching for every member to have a "favorite ldr song" section for their profile/member tags, i think it would be really cool to see everybody's favorite lana song(s) and to express our own

@May kinda does have a point, like, i don't feel like anything we request gets implemented, of course some ideas may not work with the website itself, or just simply aren't the greatest ideas, but i feel like it's pointless to even suggest anything because nothing happens :awkney:

i would love that so much!! i need to advertise for love for 'elvis' everywhere :cryney2: why do some members currently have it and others don't btw?

mUENGN9.png

6 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i would love that so much!! i need to advertise for love for 'elvis' everywhere :cryney2: why do some members currently have it and others don't btw?

i think it's only for admins/mods & members who joined in the very early days of lanaboards

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

oh also on future albums can we start having a separate thread just to discuss sales & streams ? it feels like whenever anyone brings up sales in the post-release thread they just get jumped on bc “Lana doesn’t care about sales !!” but it’s not even about that , a lot of us are v into pop culture and find it fun to be tracking sales & streams and are interested in that kind of info . So it’d be nice to have a separate thread for it where it can be purely sales & streams & charts talk

RVhKIwP.gif

On 10/21/2021 at 10:04 AM, Surf Noir said:

Huh . . . I don't know how, but some people in this thead actually DO have 'Favourite Song' below their profile pictures. Check out some of the users on the first few pages.  I'm not sure how since I can't see the option in my profile anywhere either . . ! :wat:

44 minutes ago, May said:

oh also on future albums can we start having a separate thread just to discuss sales & streams ? 

I came to write this was a good idea but thought I saw some kind of thread previously . . .  I did a search and I literally didn't know this section existed either but we actually have a Charts & Sales section?? :wat:

http://lanaboards.com/forum/4-charts-sales/

Feel free to start a thread! 

3lfQEhw.png