Mon amour je t'adore

Rien n'est mieux que ce sport/soir

Je peux jouer toute la nuit

Mon p'tit je viens, je suis la vie

Ne me quitte pas, jamais

Sois mon homme s'il te plait

Toi et le soleil, pareil!

Pour moi, ouh let's play

Unlike the rest of the French, this part doesn't seem to be sampled from Brigitte Bardot's "Moi Je Joue". Is it from something else?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Thanks you for being French :P

Italics, I'm unsure of.

Thank you for your help! Your the one and only ear able to decipher Lana's mumbling. lol

I am waiting for some suggestion for the still-missing parts.

Unlike the rest of the French, this part doesn't seem to be sampled from Brigitte Bardot's "Moi Je Joue". Is it from something else?

You're right it's not from the BB's Moi Je Joue, I think she wrote these lines in English then translate them in French by herself or via Google translate.

Those lines are very Lana like lyrics, it also has some syntax mistakes "Toi et le soleil, pareil !" it's very simple french, native speaker will say that (unless you're 3 or learning french).

On the other hand BB's lines may seem plain but are actually complex and smart play on words, most people wouldn't even know what it means.

Serge Gainsbourg was a master in song writing.

up45I.gif

He absolutely was, but he didn't write Moi Je Joue. It's written by Gerard Bourgeois/Jean-Max Riviere, who wrote nearly every song on her second record, B.B. from 1964, which is where Moi Je Joue comes from. Gainsbourg wrote some of the songs on her first record, Brigitte Bardot Sings from 1963, which is, by the way, ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS OF ALL TIME.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Thank you for your help! Your the one and only ear able to decipher Lana's mumbling. lol

I am waiting for some suggestion for the still-missing parts.

You're right it's not from the BB's Moi Je Joue, I think she wrote these lines in English then translate them in French by herself or via Google translate.

Those lines are very Lana like lyrics, it also has some syntax mistakes "Toi et le soleil, pareil !" it's very simple french, native speaker will say that (unless you're 3 or learning french).

On the other hand BB's lines may seem plain but are actually complex and smart play on words, most people wouldn't even know what it means.

What if the baby-voice that sings in Moi Je Joue bridge was actually babyLana sampled from an old homemovie of the Grant's? I won't surprised if the Grant kids have French tutor/lessons.

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

He absolutely was, but he didn't write Moi Je Joue. It's written by Gerard Bourgeois/Jean-Max Riviere, who wrote nearly every song on her second record, B.B. from 1964, which is where Moi Je Joue comes from. Gainsbourg wrote some of the songs on her first record, Brigitte Bardot Sings from 1963, which is, by the way, ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS OF ALL TIME.

Idk why I thought it was Gainsbourg, some of her most successful songs has been written by him, and they had an affair together.. No connection, these two were just mythical. The pin up beauty with the écorché vif, alcohol filled, talented monsieur.

Thank for clearing things up! I only slept 1 hour last night because of the fuss. :facepalm:

What if the baby-voice that sings in Moi Je Joue bridge was actually babyLana sampled from an old homemovie of the Grant's? I won't surprised if the Grant kids have French tutor/lessons.

She sounds very childish but I doubt it baby Lizzy singing - it would be cute though!

up45I.gif

Lily, i have a feeling that maybe you were thinking of L’appareil a sous, the first track from BB's first album (one of my most beloved pop songs--i think i posted this once on ldr.fm), which was written by Serge and recorded by both of them. BB version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=725ZHftWQrU

And here’s his version. Both fantastic. The STRINGS on this one, gah. I'm sure you're familiar with these songs anyway!

Damn, i need to move my body RIGHT NOW. BRB.

Lily, i have a feeling that maybe you were thinking of L’appareil a sous, the first track from BB's first album (one of my most beloved pop songs--i think i posted this once on ldr.fm), which was written by Serge and recorded by both of them. BB version:

And here’s his version. Both fantastic. The STRINGS on this one, gah. I'm sure you're familiar with these songs anyway!

Damn, i need to move my body RIGHT NOW. BRB.

I love these! I just really like french songs from the 60's in general. They were carefree, playful, smart and catchy. La Boite à Sous isn't the most well known songs they did together. Have you heard of these two? I'm pretty sure you know them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY9PY4r83p8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af9BSv9m9fg

up45I.gif

I love these! I just really like french songs from the 60's in general. They were carefree, playful, smart and catchy. La Boite à Sous isn't the most well known songs they did together. Have you heard of these two? I'm pretty sure you know them.

Yup, I love those two, but especially Comic Strip, it’s one of my favorites. That backing track is off the hook, and BB’s onomatopoeia backing vocals are wild.

Here are some other favorites of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkOdHsrmvfo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN67CXzk6IA

I can’t see any Lana fan not loving this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT6U57QkUe8

The famous duet, Je t'aime...moi non plus, that he did with Jane Birkin, his lover at the time, but not many people know that he originally wrote it for and recorded it with Bardot, who was his lover at that earlier time. Legend has it that they were having sex while recording the vocals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RrlkXQshd8

You know what they say

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi kind monsieur

Serving me hay???

Isn't this part....

"You know what they say

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi can't you see yourself & me, hey?"

anyone, anyone?? hehe

When can we change the title of this to "Moije Joue"?

Why? Just because it was 'labelled' so does not mean that Lana actually called it such. :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

#Devil's Advocate

Why? Just because it was 'labelled' so does not mean that Lana actually called it such. :imbeingsarcasticbitch2:

#Devil's Advocate

Just for that I'm changing it.

#TeamMoijeJoue #TeamEveryManHasHisWish #TeamLanaDelRayAKALizzyGrant