Sign in to follow this  
YUNGATA

Lanaboards Demographics Survery 2016 [RESULTS]

I expected that most of the members would be agnostic/atheist, left wing, and Caucasian, I wasn't expecting the age category to have few over 25s (but I'll respect my elders regardlessly).

Also the fact that the majority are males and gay is interesting since most people I've seen on many Lana tags on social happen to be so too so I'm not really surprised (good taste is universal).

I chose African so I won't be grouped with Black/African American cause I believe we are so culturally different, I also lean to middle eastern (Arabs) but I avoided that too.

I tried supporting Honeymoon cause I truly love it but the truth prevails, praise all mighty Ultraviolence!!

where are all my fellow lana lesbians at  :defeated:

:hae:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I chose African so I won't be grouped with Black/African American cause I believe we are so culturally different, I also to middle eastern (Arabs) but I avoided that too.

sorry about that :noparty: I tried not to offend anyone with my groupings, but I'll acknowledge that for that next time we do this.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

sorry about that :noparty: I tried not to offend anyone with my groupings, but I'll acknowledge that for that next time we do this.

It's nothing at all, perhaps it's quite common where I'm from but I doubt it is outside my region.

It doesn't matter really, I was just giving my comment on the topic.

I feel like this forum used to be better gender-balanced.  :ohno: 

I also want to point out one interesting thing is that for Q2, the majority of American's put their state and city where as most other people just put their country. What I conclude from this is that Americans have an inflated sense of self importance :hooker: :hooker:

Yeah, it's partly that, probably myopia even more so. But the US is also the third largest country by population and land mass, somewhat comparable to Europe as a whole. Despite greater homogeneity than Europe as a whole, there's still a lot of regionalism, and states have a lot of prominence in the American federal system. So there are legitimate reasons Americans tend to identify more specifically where they're from beyond narcissism.
FWIW, I just put USA.

There's actually a decent number of people older than me.  :smirk: 

Damn. #LanaBoardsSoWhite

As someone who oscillates between non-denominational Protestant Christianity and agnosticism, I checked a lot of boxes. :P

Omg this forum is even more gay than I thought lmao

Tbh, I thought this forum was a lot gayer than it actually is. There's quite a few of us straights after all. Though I'd still be curious to see what the straight/LGBTQ breakdown is by gender.

I love UV but I'm kind of astounded by its dominance.  :shock:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I feel like this forum used to be better gender-balanced.  :ohno: 

Yeah, it's partly that, probably myopia even more so. But the US is also the third largest country by population and land mass, somewhat comparable to Europe as a whole. Despite greater homogeneity than Europe as a whole, there's still a lot of regionalism, and states have a lot of prominence in the American federal system. So there are legitimate reasons Americans tend to identify more specifically where they're from beyond narcissism.

FWIW, I just put USA.

Yeah a lot of the prominent gals left over the past 2 years tbh :((

I understand those reasons, and perhaps a bigger sample pool would be able to verify it, but it just interested me generally how so many U.S users felt there state was a big identifying factor in where they're from. State legislative powers are the same over here, for example,  3 states and one territory still listing an abortion as a criminal offense as opposed to my state which allows it up to 24 weeks. When I talk to people online I don't really mention my city or state unless someone specifically asks, and part of that is because I just assume most people outside of Australia don't have a very extensive knowledge of aus geography :lel:

Out of curiosity, did anyone say Montreal or Quebec instead of Canada? Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland instead of the UK? The Basque region or Catalunya instead of Spain?

1 person specified Toronto and another British Columbia I believe. a few people specified England. 1 Scotland I believe. South American countries were specified a couple times too. Europe overall was the least specified.

but perhaps most specific that i neglected from the overall chart

50xZtrz.png

tbh i also wonder if sexuality, race/ethnicity, and gender are linked to the type of person who enjoys a forum experience, or if in our case is just exclusive to lana fans.