Your Girl Lana

Gramma (Blue Ribbon Sparkler Trailer Heaven)

Cute little lyric reference from Rob today

51078272168_6939a3f51a_b.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

i was listening to this earlier as i was listening to the album & it’s so interesting, it’s playful & adventurous, yet their’s a solemn, sordid undertone, for the longest time, i interpreted the lyric “gramma said she’ll leave the lights on for me” as in, she’ll leave the lights on as she sleeps bc she’s afraid of the dark, like a child, but it was brought to my attention that it could also mean that grandma’s leaving the porch/kitchen light on because she’s out late at night, although i kinda connect to the first interpretation better, this songs reminds me of being very young & how elusive it all seems now, but now i’m a young adult & i still feel like a happy, little girl in a big, scary world, but i want to embrace my sense of wonder & optimism within it, my earliest memories & beautiful, abstract images always haunt my spirit & find their way into my mind’s eye… i’ll never escape it… but that’s alright <3

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!